Home

MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2024, 11:42 AM   #41
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Curious what my fellow franchise players are doing with the remaining top free agents. Snell, Montgomery, and JD Martinez. I don’t want to leave them in the free agent pool, so I have it narrowed down to two options, unless of course one or all of them sign before Tuesday when I start putting my franchise together.

1. Put them on the teams they were on last year.
2. Put them on the latest rumored team to be going after them. So I guess it would be Snell to the Astros, Montgomery to the Red Sox, Martinez to the Mets.

2 is what I’m leaning toward most. As far as their contracts I’d do half of the years and money as their rumored asking price as they’ll likely sign lesser deals at this point.

But, anyway. Just wanted to see what everyone else was doing with them before I make my decision.

I created a random generator on my phone and put 5 teams in for the free agents and let it decide

Snell went to Yankees
Montgomery went to Rangers
JD Martinez went to Angels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2024, 01:37 PM   #42
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I created a random generator on my phone and put 5 teams in for the free agents and let it decide

Snell went to Yankees
Montgomery went to Rangers
JD Martinez went to Angels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a great idea.
Old 03-16-2024, 01:59 PM   #43
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Orioles Walk off Angels in '24 Opener

Ramon Urias run scoring single in the bottom the the 10th inning pushed the Orioles past the Angels 4-3 in the 2024 Season opener.

The Angels jumped out to an early led getting to Orioles Opening Day starter Corbin Burnes for 3 runs in the first 3 innings, including a Zach Neto solo home run. Burnes would settle down but the Angels would still lead 3-0 going in to the bottom of 6th.

Ramon Urias then got the Orioles on the board with a 2 run home run off Angels starter Pablo Sandoval. The Angels held a slim 3-2 lead going in to the bottom of the 9th, when Gunnar Henderson tied the score with a long home run to right field.

Orioles closer Felix Bautista pitched a perfect 10th inning. In the bottom of the 10th frame, Urias continued his heroics lining a single in to left field allowing Austin Hayes to score the game winning run.

Notes: Mike Trout was a home run shy of the cycle in the loss.

W-Bautista (1-0)
L- Anderson (0-1)

HR:
LAA-
Neto (1)
Bal- Urias (1), Henderson (1)

Video Highlights

Spoiler
Old 03-16-2024, 05:04 PM   #44
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Alright, finally ready to get my franchise underway! Spent majority of the last 2 days editing every piece of equipment for my Padres and copying/bringing over prospects from The Show 23 into 24 and finally have my roster i feel ready to go.

There are several position battles to watch heading into Spring Training with the most intriguing being who will take the #5 starting spot in the rotation as well as the OF positions. This years team has a solid mix of veterans who are hungry for more, rookies who are on the verge of making their big league debuts, and talented veterans who are NRI fighting to stay in the majors vying for the final roster spots.

The first four spots of our rotation are set, the only question is where will they slot? The top four pitchers are Joe Musgrove, Yu Darvish, Dylan Cease and Michael King. As mentioned about the number 5 slot, the candidates fighting for the coveted job are Jhony Brito, Randy Vasquez, Matt Waldron, and Luis Patino, who was once a highly regarded and heralded prospect within the Padres system. Patino more than likely however will serve in the bullpen and long man ala a role previously occupied by Nick Martinez. Luis Patino is also out of options which will certainly play a hand into the final roster construction as there is plenty of talent left in the only 24 year olds right arm.

The bullpen figures to be lead by Robert Suarez who looks to get the first crack at sliding into the vacant closers role left behind by Josh Hader. A couple of foreign imports with closer experience also look to be in the fold in Yuki Matsui out of Japan and Woo Suk Go out of Korea. The bullpen is boasted by a trade that brought in Enyel De Los Santos from CLE as well as Wandy Peralta. The remaining bullpen spots will be fought for by Tom Cosgrove, Adrian Morejan, Rule 5 pick Stephen Kolek, Jeremiah Estrada, Alek Jacob and Sean Reynolds. You also have to figure whoever loses the #5 starting spot may be in contention for a long role relief in the bullpen.

For the main roster, the regular starters are Luis Campusano, Jake Cronenworth, Ha-Seong Kim, Manny Machado, Xander Bogaerts, and Fernando Tatis Jr. This leaves LF, CF and DH spots open. The favorites for LF is Jurickson Profar while the CF spot looks to be a battle between Jose Azocar and top prospect Jackson Merrill who is transitioning to the OF this spring. Others in contention are Tim Locastro, Cal Mitchell and Oscar Mercado. Bench spots will be battled by Tyler Wade, Matthew Batten, Eguy Rosario and rookie Graham Pauley. Kyle Higashioka will be the back up catcher.

Top 10 prospects heading into the season are

1. Ethan Salas - C
2. Jackson Merril - CF/SS
3. Leodalis De Vries - SS
4. Dylan Lesko - RHP
5. Robby Snelling - LHP
6. Adam Mazur - RHP
7. Dillon Head - CF
8. Ryan Bergert - SP
9. Lamar King - C
10. Korry Howell - CF

Last edited by franch1se; 03-16-2024 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-16-2024, 05:51 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0

Haven't been able to dive into Franchise yet since I don't get the game until Tuesday. However, I have decided that I will be going with two Franchise modes this year. One of those save files will be the Kansas City Royals for my YouTube series on my main Switch, while the other will be with my Blue Jays on my OLED Switch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2024, 06:33 PM   #46
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Cardinals Sweep the Padres in San Diego

The Cardinals (5-2) swept the Padres in a 3 game series to begin the week in San Diego. The Cardinals outscored the Friars 16-3 over the series.

Lance Lynn got things started on Monday with a masterful performance going 8 innings allowing no runs on just 4 hits. He was lifted in the 9th for Ryan Helsley who saved his 2 game of the season. Nolan Gorman finally swung the bat with purpose as he drove in a run on solo shot. Goldschmidt and Contreras provided the other runs in the 3-1 victory.

Tuesday was Sonny Gray and just like Opening Day, Sonny Gray delivered. Gray would get a complete game shutout as the Cardinals cruised 8-0 over the Padres. Nolan Gorman had 2 homeruns and 6 RBIs on the day.

Wednesday's finale was Kyle Gibson's turn on the bump. While Gibson again didn't have lights out stuff, he missed enough bats as the Cardinals won 4-2. Alec Burleson in his first game of 2024, hit a 3 run bomb in the 6th to make it 3-2 Cardinals. Lars Nootbaar would add a solo shot in the 8th to make it 4-2 the final tally after Ryan Helsley saved his 3rd game of the young season.

The Cardinals will now head home for the first game at Busch Stadium in 2024 as they host the Marlins for a 3 game weekend series.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-16-2024, 09:52 PM   #47
Rookie

TIGERS 3 WHITE SOX 0 MARCH 28, 2024

BOX SCORE

The Detroit Tigers opened the 2024 season with a 3-0 win over the Chicago White Sox on the road. Rookie Kyle Dutcher led off, and hit the first pitch over the right field wall for an instant 1-0 lead. Spencer Torkelson (1) and Kerry Carpenter (1) hit back to back home runs in the 4th.

Tarik Skubal allowed just two hits over seven innings, with six strikeouts. Shelby Miller, and Alex Lange each pitched a scoreless inning in relief. Lange earned his first save.

TIGERS 16 WHITE SOX 3 MARCH 30, 2024

BOX SCORE

The wind was blowing out, and the Tigers took full advantage of it, hitting seven home runs. Spencer Torkelson hit a pair (3), while Kerry Carpenter (2), Colt Keith (1), Javier Baez (1), Jake Rogers (1) and Kyle Dutcher (2) also homered. Dutcher's homer again came leading off the game, his second consecutive game hitting a leadoff home run. Torkelson finished with 5 RBI.

Kenta Maeda was strong on the mound, going six innings, scattering a run on five hits, and seven strikeouts.

TIGERS 9 WHITE SOX 5 MARCH 31, 2024

BOX SCORE

The Tigers completed the sweep with a 9-5 win. Kyle Dutcher (3) and Spencer Torkelson (4) homered for the third straight game, and Riley Greene (1) added a home run. Greene had 3 RBI.

Jack Flaherty gave up two runs in the second, and another in the third, before settling down, and giving the Tigers a quality start (6 IP 6 Hits 3 ER 7 Ks)

2024 TIGER SCHEDULE/RESULTS

2024 MLB STANDINGS

DETROIT TIGER STATS

FOLLOW MY FRANCHISE
Old 03-16-2024, 10:00 PM   #48
Rookie

DirtBallNation's Arena

Month 1 is in the books for the Nationals in this franchise. At this point, the only direction is up. After a 6-1 start to the year, we fell completely flat on our face and sitting in last place of the division with an 11-18 record. There’s struggling and then there’s the 2024 Washington Nationals.

5 days into the season, Joey Gallo suffered a broken hand, so he’s out 1-2 months. Some Guys have been underperforming so bad that we did a minor roster change just a few weeks into the season.

-We ended up signing Eric Lauer to a 2 year deal right after the season started because I was worried about our rotation. I sent him to AAA to get loose before joining the big league club.
-After Gallo went down, we called up Travis Blankenhorn to help with depth in the infield.
-couple weeks later, with results not being good, we had to make some more changes. We called up Lauer and sent down Joan Adon to AAA, after a very promising spring camp. On the trip home, he must’ve forgot how to pitch because he was awful.
- and toward the end of the month, we traded away Luis Garcia for Richie Palacios. I don’t plan on having Garcia apart of the franchise for long term and I wanted a guy that could play everywhere. On the same day, we DFA’d Ildemaro Vargas, after his start to the year was abysmal and he isn’t helping us.
-we later ended up getting a trade request from the blue jays. They wanted Richard Bleier for Genesis Cabrera. I felt like because of ages and overalls, I’d be receiving much more than I’d be giving up so I countered with Bleier, Vargas and an additional prospect for Cabrera. = addition by subtraction.

It’s definitely been a tough start to the year but our big 4 OFers (Crews, Wood, Green and Hassell) are off to a decent start to the year, so if things fall into place, maybe we’ll see 1 or 2 of them this year. Crews is at AAA and the others are in AA.

Other than that, I’ll check back in at the end of April and hopefully I have a little better update for everyone.

Our bright spots so far…

Lane Thomas: .330avg, .875ops, 5 HR
CJ Abrams: .315avg, .889ops, 6 HR

Hunter Harvey: 0.82era, 9 for 9 save opps

There’s a couple other shimmers of good but not too much. I’d love to share the bad with you all but I’ll save everyone the time.

GREEN BAY PACKERS

MILWAUKEE BUCKS

WISCONSIN BADGERS

Last edited by DirtBallNation; 03-16-2024 at 11:47 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »