Home

Old 05-09-2024, 08:34 PM   #1
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Errors

Just wondering if this is just a me problem, but is anyone else getting any throwing errors in the infield using the buttons throwing method (the one that's all ratings, without the meter)?

Realized a while back my errors were low, so I cranked the slider for IF throwing errors up. And continued to crank it up. And still wasn't seeing any throwing errors (from me or the CPU). In my last 12 games, I have 1 error, and the CPU has just 1 error.

So today I went into Practice Mode and fielded 50 Ground Balls each at 0, 5, and 10 on the Throwing Errors Infield slider. And didn't get a single offline throw. Didn't even get a single throw in the dirt to be picked by the 1B. It seems like "Buttons" is giving you the Equivalent of a green throw in Buttons Accuracy every single throw (red being well offline, and yellow being the throw in the dirt).

I also tested OF throws (much less extensively, granted, only 10 throws at each setting), and while there were occasionally offline throws, the slider seemed to make no real difference in their frequency.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2024, 07:25 AM   #2
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
Just wondering if this is just a me problem, but is anyone else getting any throwing errors in the infield using the buttons throwing method (the one that's all ratings, without the meter)?

Realized a while back my errors were low, so I cranked the slider for IF throwing errors up. And continued to crank it up. And still wasn't seeing any throwing errors (from me or the CPU). In my last 12 games, I have 1 error, and the CPU has just 1 error.

So today I went into Practice Mode and fielded 50 Ground Balls each at 0, 5, and 10 on the Throwing Errors Infield slider. And didn't get a single offline throw. Didn't even get a single throw in the dirt to be picked by the 1B. It seems like "Buttons" is giving you the Equivalent of a green throw in Buttons Accuracy every single throw (red being well offline, and yellow being the throw in the dirt).

I also tested OF throws (much less extensively, granted, only 10 throws at each setting), and while there were occasionally offline throws, the slider seemed to make no real difference in their frequency.

For me, depends on the player.

I had Christopher Morel at third with a fielding rating of 65. I had him there for the insane arm strength. Had him commit 2 errors in the same inning, just throwing the ball.

Plugged Brendan Roger's there, no errors in 20+ games.

Sent from my SM-F946U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 05-10-2024, 07:39 AM   #3
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Put infield throw errors at 8 and you will get some. Anything below and they are few and far between.
Old 05-10-2024, 08:00 AM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I use the buttons throwing method and with errors at default see a fair share of throwing errors.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-10-2024, 02:29 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 0

I can tell you I’ve had all four error sliders on 10 for over 100 games played and have not had any issues with what I’m seeing. YMMV though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2024, 03:21 PM   #6
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
Put infield throw errors at 8 and you will get some. Anything below and they are few and far between.
I've had it at 8 or 9 for a while, and haven't had throwing errors. Actually got more the first week or two of the game at default.

Old 05-10-2024, 03:44 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've had a few throwing errors. Although, I recently experienced a first a couple of days ago. I used the Mets' DJ Stewart at 1B, which the Mets recently did as well. He had 5 errors, as he would not catch the ball, even on a relatively short throw from between first and second to Stewart at 1B. I realize he is not a first baseman but 5 errors is a bit excessive. I ended up removing him.
Old 05-10-2024, 09:16 PM   #8
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymets31
I've had a few throwing errors. Although, I recently experienced a first a couple of days ago. I used the Mets' DJ Stewart at 1B, which the Mets recently did as well. He had 5 errors, as he would not catch the ball, even on a relatively short throw from between first and second to Stewart at 1B. I realize he is not a first baseman but 5 errors is a bit excessive. I ended up removing him.
Yeah, if they don't at least have 1B as a secondary, they'll drop even simple throws to 1B.

I played a game after changing all my defensive sliders back to default and saw a fielding error by Altuve, a play that could have been an error on Michael Harris, and a throwing error on a snap throw to 1B by Sean Murphy. Still not a single throw from an infielder offline or in the dirt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »