Home

MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2024, 10:36 PM   #33
Rookie

DirtBallNation's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

NATIONALS COME FROM BEHIND TO WIN ON OPENING DAY!

The Nationals played spoiler on opening day, erasing a 2 run deficit in the 9th inning to defeat the Reds. The Nats got the scoring started early as Joey Gallo hit a pair of no doubt HRs in the first few innings of the game. CJ Abrams also homered for the nats. Hunter Harvey collects his first win of the year, while Lucas Sims is charged with the lost on opening day.TJ Freidl led Cincy with 3 hits. Will Benson, Matt McLain, Jake Farley and Spencer steer all had 2 hits apiece.

Game two will be Mackenzie Gore vs Nick Lodolo.

I plan on only playing 15-20 games in the first year, so I’ll be playing 1, simming 11 games. So I can quickly get to the draft. Hoping to remember to post briefs summary’s of everything going on

GREEN BAY PACKERS

MILWAUKEE BUCKS

WISCONSIN BADGERS
Old 03-16-2024, 08:48 AM   #34
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Cardinals Split Season Opening 4 Game Series with Dodgers

The Cardinals (2-2) split their opening 4 game series with the Dodgers in Los Angeles to begin the 2024 season. The Dodgers had already split a 2 game series with the Padres in Korea.

The Cardinals won on Opening Day 8-5, a day in which the wind was blowing out around 12mph and the ball was jumping off the bats. Dylan Carlson would deposit the very first pitch he saw from Tyler Glasnow into the right field seats for his 1st homerun of the season. Unexpected Brandon Crawford would hit a 2 run homerun later in the 6th and Willson Contreras would add a solo of his own in the 8th. Sonny Gray was good as he fanned Shohei Ohtani twice in 3 at bats. Freddie Freeman was the Dodger star going 4-4 with a pair of doubles, but Gray would earn his first victory as a Cardinal in the win.

Game 2 was more relaxed with the Dodgers actually winning in 10 innings when Max Muncy singled home Gavin Lux off of Giovanny Gallegos for the walkoff win. Kyle Gibson was the started for the Cardinals and managed to get thru 5 innings before being lifted. He didn't have his best stuff. That man Brandon Crawford struck again for a solo homer in the 7th, the Cardinals only run in a 2-1 defeat.

Game 3 was a masterpiece between Walker Buehler and Miles Mikolas. Both carried no hitters into the 5th. Willson Contreras broke up Buehler's with a single to left and in the bottom half of the inning, Teoscar Hernandez would single up the middle. Miles Mikolas would finish off the complete game shutout, as he struck out 8 Dodger hitters allowing just 3 hits. Brandon Crawford must still have hate for the Dodgers after spending all those years in San Francisco as he hit a 3 run bomb in the 5th that proved to be the deciding factor of a 5-0 win.

Game 4 the ball was handed to Matthew Liberatore who was roughed up a bit. Liberatore would manage just 5 innings but allowed 4 runs on 8 hits and it could've been worse if not for a Dodger base running blunder and a key double play. Shohei Ohtani absolutely shut down the Cardinals hitters over the course of 7 innings, striking out 10 in route to the win.

The Cardinals will now travel to San Diego for a 3 game series with the Padres.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-16-2024, 08:58 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Cardinals Split Season Opening 4 Game Series with Dodgers

The Cardinals (2-2) split their opening 4 game series with the Dodgers in Los Angeles to begin the 2024 season. The Dodgers had already split a 2 game series with the Padres in Korea.

The Cardinals won on Opening Day 8-5, a day in which the wind was blowing out around 12mph and the ball was jumping off the bats. Dylan Carlson would deposit the very first pitch he saw from Tyler Glasnow into the right field seats for his 1st homerun of the season. Unexpected Brandon Crawford would hit a 2 run homerun later in the 6th and Willson Contreras would add a solo of his own in the 8th. Sonny Gray was good as he fanned Shohei Ohtani twice in 3 at bats. Freddie Freeman was the Dodger star going 4-4 with a pair of doubles, but Gray would earn his first victory as a Cardinal in the win.

Game 2 was more relaxed with the Dodgers actually winning in 10 innings when Max Muncy singled home Gavin Lux off of Giovanny Gallegos for the walkoff win. Kyle Gibson was the started for the Cardinals and managed to get thru 5 innings before being lifted. He didn't have his best stuff. That man Brandon Crawford struck again for a solo homer in the 7th, the Cardinals only run in a 2-1 defeat.

Game 3 was a masterpiece between Walker Buehler and Miles Mikolas. Both carried no hitters into the 5th. Willson Contreras broke up Buehler's with a single to left and in the bottom half of the inning, Teoscar Hernandez would single up the middle. Miles Mikolas would finish off the complete game shutout, as he struck out 8 Dodger hitters allowing just 3 hits. Brandon Crawford must still have hate for the Dodgers after spending all those years in San Francisco as he hit a 3 run bomb in the 5th that proved to be the deciding factor of a 5-0 win.

Game 4 the ball was handed to Matthew Liberatore who was roughed up a bit. Liberatore would manage just 5 innings but allowed 4 runs on 8 hits and it could've been worse if not for a Dodger base running blunder and a key double play. Shohei Ohtani absolutely shut down the Cardinals hitters over the course of 7 innings, striking out 10 in route to the win.

The Cardinals will now travel to San Diego for a 3 game series with the Padres.
What was your opening day lineup? Specifically ss and cf? Edman and Carlson?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2024, 09:29 AM   #36
Rookie

chainsaw4099's Arena

OVR: 4

I am having fun with my cards franchise. cannot go past dodger series because of scouting being locked. is anyone else having this problem. really liking the game so far
Old 03-16-2024, 09:30 AM   #37
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainsaw4099
I am having fun with my cards franchise. cannot go past dodger series because of scouting being locked. is anyone else having this problem. really liking the game so far
Scouting starts after the first week or so of games. Is that what you're referring to? Also is your Scouting set to manual?
Old 03-16-2024, 10:07 AM   #38
Rookie

chainsaw4099's Arena

OVR: 4

it is working my mistake
Old 03-16-2024, 10:58 AM   #39
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Curious what my fellow franchise players are doing with the remaining top free agents. Snell, Montgomery, and JD Martinez. I don’t want to leave them in the free agent pool, so I have it narrowed down to two options, unless of course one or all of them sign before Tuesday when I start putting my franchise together.

1. Put them on the teams they were on last year.
2. Put them on the latest rumored team to be going after them. So I guess it would be Snell to the Astros, Montgomery to the Red Sox, Martinez to the Mets.

2 is what I’m leaning toward most. As far as their contracts I’d do half of the years and money as their rumored asking price as they’ll likely sign lesser deals at this point.

But, anyway. Just wanted to see what everyone else was doing with them before I make my decision.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 03-16-2024, 11:06 AM   #40
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
Curious what my fellow franchise players are doing with the remaining top free agents. Snell, Montgomery, and JD Martinez. I don’t want to leave them in the free agent pool, so I have it narrowed down to two options, unless of course one or all of them sign before Tuesday when I start putting my franchise together.

1. Put them on the teams they were on last year.
2. Put them on the latest rumored team to be going after them. So I guess it would be Snell to the Astros, Montgomery to the Red Sox, Martinez to the Mets.

2 is what I’m leaning toward most. As far as their contracts I’d do half of the years and money as their rumored asking price as they’ll likely sign lesser deals at this point.

But, anyway. Just wanted to see what everyone else was doing with them before I make my decision.
I put them on teams that are rebuilding, to make those teams stronger. It's each of our own franchise fantasy so whatever you like is cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »