Home

MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2024, 12:23 PM   #57
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Cardinals Drop Home Opening Series to Marlins

The Cardinals (6-4) dropped their first home series of the 2024 season to the Marlins over the weekend. The Cardinals won on Thursday, but after a scheduled day off on Friday, couldn't carry the momentum throughthe weekend.
Glad I'm not the only one struggling against Miami. They took 3 of 4 from me. Arraez and Chisholm were monsters.
Old 03-17-2024, 02:31 PM   #58
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Cardinals Drop 2 of 3 to Phillies in St.Louis

The Cardinals (7-6) dropped another 3 game series at home, this time to the Phillies.

The Cards won Monday night in a thrilling comeback against the Phillies where they scored 4 runs in the final two innings to tie the game and then walked it off in the 10th on a Willson Contreras single. But they would get beat on Tuesday night by Zach Wheeler and on Wednesday afternoon, would waste a beautiful start by Miles Mikolas and lose in extra innings this time.

Nolan Arenado did hit his first homerun of the 2024 season, so hopefully this is a sign that things will turn around. Arenado has just one homerun with 2 RBIs to got with a .187 average thru the first two weeks of the season.

The Cardinals are off on Thursday as they travel west to face the Diamondbacks for a 3 game weekend series in Arizona, and then follow that up with a 3 game series in Oakland against the competitive A's.

Around the League

* The Reds have placed SS/IF Elly de la Cruz on the 60 Day IL with a broken hand. The Reds who expect to be competitive in a wide open NL Central, will now deal with missing a key piece until around the first part of July.

* The A's have called up top prospect Jacob Wilson to the big league club. Wilson was called up and added to the 40 man roster after Aledmys Diaz was placed on the 10 Day IL.

* The Washington Nationals would like a re-do on the start of the season. The Nats started the season 0-11 before getting their first win.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-17-2024, 03:09 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

Haven't posted just yet , but have put a good amount of time in this game. I'm getting MLB 12 the show vibes from it in the way the hitting feels, which I love. Game is more of a true baseball sim rather than 22 and 23, where it felt like Home Run or bust offensively. Really like the gameplay so far

I started a Mets Franchise as always, and with the roster with injuries added in. I am undecided if I end up playing this out , or wait until the Opening Day update with the injuries added, as that's a MASSIVE thing for me personally.

I just did put my 2 weeks notice in at my job and will have a week off starting this Friday until 4/1 before I start the new role. So I am going to be playing a TON until then
Old 03-17-2024, 03:56 PM   #60
Pro

Itsma806's Arena

2024 Oakland Athletics 03/28-04/01

Overall Record:1-3 (4th AL West/2.0 behind Seattle)

Game Results:
Game 1
Guardians-4
Athletics-2

Game 2
Guardians-5
Athletics-4

Game 3
Guardians-7
Athletics-0

Game 4
Athletics-10
Guardians-5

Lets forget March, A's start April off with a bang!

The Oakland Athletics started off 2024 April on the right foot as they had plentiful offense in their 10-5 victory over the Cleveland Guardians. The sixteen hits in game three was just one short of the total combined hits for the team in the first three games of the series.

The first of those sixteen came in the 2nd inning when Tyler Soderstrom hit his first homerun of the year, a moonshot to rightfield that just snuck over the wall. The A's then added on three more runs in the inning thanks to an Esteury Ruiz two rbi single and a Ryan Noda rbi double.

The Athletics went on to take a 5-0 lead in the next inning when Soderstrom looked to have his second homer in as many innings, however, it fell just short and into the glove of Myles Straw. Brent Rooker was able to score on the fly out after he reached third earlier in the inning.

The Guardians then looked determined to get the four game sweep in the fourth inning as they scored four runs of their own to cut the lead to 5-4.

The Athletics offense continued to perform well however as they scored five more runs and eventually took the victory, 10-5.

The earlier matcups were nothing to write home about although the first two were close, game three was a 7-0 loss for Oakland as Triston Mckenzie pitched a complete game shutout in his first start of the year.

The A's now look forward to finishing off their season opening homestand with three against the Red Sox (1-3/5th AL East).

Last edited by Itsma806; 03-17-2024 at 04:08 PM.
Old 03-17-2024, 04:49 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stucatz
The fact no1 has complained about ridiculous trading logic as of yet is a good sign.
Gives me hope when I fire it up
The Royals signing Bobby Witt long term may have fixed the trade logic, since the first thing the cpu seemed to do in every franchise last year was moving Witt from KC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2024, 05:03 PM   #62
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Has anyone simmed into the playoffs on a test franchise by any chance? I watched the wild card round on a franchise stream earlier today and there were no post season patches on the uniforms. I know they are in because we’ve seen videos and pics. I’m trying to figure out if they’re in on franchise or if it’s only when you do post season mode.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 03-17-2024, 07:33 PM   #63
Rookie

WillieB1214's Arena

Braves Take First Home Series of 2024 In Back and Forth Effort Against Diamondbacks

The Atlanta Braves pulled off a nailbiter of a series in the early stages of the season against one of the most impressive teams in the National League the Arizona Diamondbacks.

The opener was a pitcher's duel, as the Braves got a strong bounce back effort from Max Fried (7 IP, 8 hits, 1 ER, 5 Ks) and two good innings out of the bullpen. Offensively, the Braves struggled to get much going outside of another Austin Riley home run and an Ozzie Albies single and found themselves up 2-1 heading into the eighth before Matt Olson hit a double with bases loaded to score all runners. Braves win 5-1.

In the Saturday matchup, we saw an offensive onslaught from both teams, as Christian Walker led the way for the Diamondbacks with a couple of homers in the middle innings en roue to a 6-2 lead heading into the bottom of the seventh. In that inning we would see homers from Ronald Acuna and Matt Olson during a five run outburst to give them a 7-6 lead. Walker would make the Braves pay again in the top of the eighth though, taking a Reynaldo Lopez slider to deep left for a two run shot in an eventual 8-7 win for Arizona.

The third game of the series led the same level of excitement, as Charlie Morton and Ryne Nelson worked around trouble for a few innings before both imploded in the middle innings. Acuna and Riley would go back to back off of Nelson in the fifth to give the Braves a 4-1 cushion. Joc Pederson, former Brave hero, and Jace Pederson, another former Brave, would both launch homers off of Morton in the sixth to tie the game 4-4. From there we would see a slight stalemate before an Ozzie Albies walk would lead to a steal before Sean Murphy caught a slider and roped it into left for the go ahead run in the bottom of the eighth. The Diamondbacks would get two hits and a walk off of Raisel Iglesias, but eh veteran would force a pop up from Ketel Marte and a groundout from Pederson to shut the door in a 5-4 win.

This was the first series to see real signs of life from Acuna and Olson, who have gotten off to a slot start. It also saw the continued explosion of Riley, who has now hit an astounding 10 homers in the first nine games of the season. It's been an inconsistent offense outside of him, but things are trending in a good direction overall.

The Braves (5-4) will now host a New York Mets team (2-7) that is off to a dreadul start in a four game series.
Old 03-17-2024, 07:34 PM   #64
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Spring Training has come to an end and now the roster crunch begins. We finished spring training with a 12-10 record which was good enough for 7th place in the Cactus League. There are several intriguing roster moves which should take place with several players performing extremely well. Lets take a look at some of the battles.

Before we do that, with the team not happy with the Spring stats for Jurickson Profar (.148, 1 HR, 8 RBI), the team has reunited with OF Tommy Pham on a 1 yr deal. Pham is projected to slot right into the starting LF spot.

Tyler Wade vs Tucupita Marcano

Tyler Wade .324, 1 HR, 7 RBI. Left handed bat who can play 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF
Tucupita Marcano .286, 4 RBI. Left handed bat who can play 2B, 3B, SS, LF, RF

Slight edge to Tyler Wade

Tim Locastro vs Cal Mitchell

Tim Locastro .385, 2 RBI, Eligible at CF, LF, RF, 2B, SS. Much more speed off the bench
Cal Mitchell .320, 1 RBI, Left handed bat. LF, CF, RF eligibility

Additional bench spots
Brett Sullivan .350 avg, 2 RBI. Can play C, 3B, LF. Is it worth carrying a third catcher? He does offer some versatility being able to play OF and 3B. Kyle Higashioka did struggle in spring hitting .192 with 1 HR and 3 RBI.

Moving onto the #5 slot in the rotation, the candidates are between Jhony Brito and Randy Vasquez.
Jhony Brito - 14 IP, 16 SO, 1.93 ERA, 0.79 WHIP
Randy Vasquez - 0-0 18.1 IP, 18 K, 3.93 ERA 1.09 WHIP. Vasquez was every bit in contention however in the very last game of the spring he got rocked for 4 runs in 4 IP which seems to have paved the way for Jhony Brito to claim the final rotation spot next to Musgrove, Darvish, King, and Cease.

Luis Patino vs Stephen Kolek. Interesting battle here where the team can possibly lose one of the arms if they don't make the bullpen. These two are not necessarily competing against one another, however Patino is out of options and Kolek is a Rule 5 pick that must stay or be forced to return to Seattle.

Luis Patino: 0-1, 9.2 IP, 12 K, 1.86 ERA, 1.03 WHIP
Stephen Kolek: 0-1, 10.1 IP, 6 K, 3.48 ERA, 1.35 WHIP.

Tough decisions to be made which should take into the night to decide. Stay tuned!

Last edited by franch1se; 03-17-2024 at 07:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »