Home

MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2024, 11:55 PM   #49
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

Alright, played 1 game Friday adjusting sliders and then got busy with life. Been thinking about the game 24/7 though.....don't tell my fiance lol.

Hopped on this morning and found some rosters I liked by someone called Godfather. Every other roster I found was missing Yuki for SD and as a Friar fan it bothered me. But anyways got rosters downloaded and placed JD Martinez with The Mets, Blake Snell with Houston, Jordan Montgomery with The Yanks and Tommy Pham in San Diego. Went in and adjusted some of the more recognizable injuries, Alcantara, Bradish, Verlander, Senga, Cole etc....

Then got stuck lol. Had no idea who to play with until I saw Pittsburgh get busy grabbing the guys no one wanted in Taylor and German, so said sure lets do it. Not a great time but some interesting prospects and storylines with McCutcheon and the boys.

Pirates Ready for 2024

After a fast start to 2023 The Pirates cooled off drastically to end the season, finishing 76-86 and in 4th place in the division, beating only ST. Louis in a down year.
The Pirates with only 2 weeks until opening day have suddenly created a logjam at a few positions with the signings of Michael A. Taylor and Domingo German. The 77 million dollar man is the easy part, Mitch Keller will be the opening day starter in Miami. In order to get German more reps, he will start as the anchor of the starting rotation, leaving Marco Gonzales, Martin Oerez Bailey Falter to figure out who is #2,#3 and #4 in the rotation, with Johan Oviedo on the shelf with Tommy John surgery until next season. Aroldis Chapman is back on a 1 year deal to help ALl Star closer David Bednar finish off games. Bryan Reynolds, Jack Suwinski and newcomer Taylor will patrol the outfield, with club legend Andrew McCutcheon plugged in as the everyday DH (1 HR shy of 300).This leaves Connor Joe the odd man out. The other position battle is Jared Triolo and Rowdy Tellez and with the strong spring training Triolo had, he will get first crack at everyday first base duties.

Down on The Farm:
-Quinn Priester who started 10 games last season will start in Indianapolis along with OF Canaan Smith-Njigba
-Heralded 1st round pick Paul Skenes will begin the season where he left off in Altoona with the AA Curve who expect to also welcome Termarr Johnson, Jared Jones, Bubba Chandler and Anthony Solomento, all are top 5 prospects in The Pirates Organization.
#1 Paul Skenes AA RHP 2024 #3 overall
#2 Termarr Johnson 2B 2024 #44 overall
#3 Jared Jones RHP 2024 #62 overall
#4 Anthony Solomento LHP 2024 #82 overall
#5 Bubba Chandler RHP 2025 #93 overall

Pirates Falter in Miami to Open the Season
Miami took 3 of 4 against Pittsburgh at home. Game 1 went to Miami in brutal fashion if your a Bucco fan as it went 11 innings after Bednar couldn't close it out in the 10th giving up a 2 out double to Josh Bell and Ryan Borucki then gave up a 2 out walkoff isngle in the 11th to Jazz Chisholm. Both times in extra innings The Pirates help a 1 run lead going into the bottom of the inning.

Jazz Chisholm was the player of the game again in game 2 when Miami came from behind to win 5-3. Bailey Falter started strong for Pittsburgh but imploded in the 5th and 6th inning, giving up 5 runs in those 2 innings. Jazz Chisholm finished the game with a triple and a HR(1) including 4 RBI.

The Pirates got their lone win of the series the following night in a 6 run 6th inning. A patient approach lead to 4 walks to go with 4 hits against A.J Puk who couldn't find the zone and was quickly relieved by Edward cabrera who subsequently gave up another walk before getting Rowdy Tellez to groundout to end the nightmare inning. Piuttsburgh also got its 1st and only homerun of the series in that 7th inning, a long drive to left field by Jack Suwinski to extend the lead (1).

The final game of the series was a professional win by Miami, scoring 1 in the 1st, 1 in the 5th and another in the 7th. The story of the game was unforced errors by Pittsburgh, which in turn Miami capitalized on to take the game 3-1. Andrew McCutcheon still sits on 299 homeruns and Bryan Reynolds on 98. Both have had decent series but just can't get enough on the ball to clear the wall.
Pittsburgh (1-3) continues their travels on the way to the District of Columbia to take on the undefeated Washington Nationals (3-0) for 3 games in 4 days. Pittsburgh will look forward to the debut of Domingo German in game 1 of the series.
Old 03-17-2024, 12:04 AM   #50
Pro

OVR: 2

Probably gonna settle on HOF timing hitting, HOF classic pitching as that’s how I get the most reslistic stats.

What’s everyone using for gameplay injury sliders? Last year on default I got to or around August and barely had any injuries and that ruined it for me.
Old 03-17-2024, 12:50 AM   #51
Rookie

ARA28's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown1-23
Probably gonna settle on HOF timing hitting, HOF classic pitching as that’s how I get the most reslistic stats.

What’s everyone using for gameplay injury sliders? Last year on default I got to or around August and barely had any injuries and that ruined it for me.
I always do gameplay inj at 8 and sim injury at 6. Get a decent amount that way.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2024, 02:22 AM   #52
Rookie

TIGERS 7 METS 1 APRIL 1, 2024

BOX SCORE

Spencer Torkelson homered (5) for the 4th straight game, and drove in three runs (11). Kerry Carpenter (3) homered for the third time in four games.

Matt Manning dominated on the mound, allowing just a single run on two hits over seven innings. He struck out ten, while walking just one. Will Vest, and Tyler Holton each pitched a scoreless inning. The Tigers are now 4-0 on the season.

TIGERS 4 METS 1 APRIL 2, 2024

BOX SCORE

The Tigers won their fifth in a row to start the season, with a 4-1 win over the Mets. They got RBIs by Riley Greene (6), Colt Keith (2), Gio Urshela (3) and Javy Baez (5)

Casey Mize made his first start in almost two years. He is on a strict pitch count of 80 early in the season. But he still went six innings, allowing one run on five hits. He struck out four, and exited throwing just 65 pitches. Jason Foley, Shelby Miller, and Alex Lange pitched a scoreless inning of relief. Lange (2) earned the save.

TIGERS 4 METS 3 APRIL 3, 2024

BOX SCORE

The Tigers completed the sweep of the Mets with a 4-3 victory on Wednesday. Andy Ibanez broke a 3-3 tie in the seventh with an RBI single. Spencer Torkelson had a pair of RBI. Kyle Dutcher reached base three times, and stole three more bases, giving him nine on the year.

Tarik Skubal allowed three runs on eight hits over six innings, earning his second win of the season. Alex Lange earned his third save, with a scoreless ninth.

The Tigers are off on Thursday, then they return home for Friday's Home Opener against the Oakland A's

2024 TIGER SCHEDULE/RESULTS

2024 MLB STANDINGS

DETROIT TIGER STATS

FOLLOW MY FRANCHISE
Old 03-17-2024, 08:12 AM   #53
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

The second series of the season ended up as a rollercoaster for the Blue Jays.

- first game was a commanding 9-2 win. Vlad homered again and brought home 4 runs, but he also got plenty of support by his teammates. Cavan Biggio walked 2 times and scored both times, Davis Schneider hit 2/5, Danny Jansen even 3/5. On defense it was a suprisingly good game by Alek Manoah, whos position in the rotation was questionable to start the season

- the second game brought the hot start of the Blue Jays to a bitter end: In the battle of the aces Verlander completely controlled the game. In the end it was a 6-4 win for the Astros, but only after Verlander ended his day in the 7th inning the Blue Jays scored for the first time. Gausman on the other end gave up 5 runs in the third, caught himself after that and made it to 6.2 innings, but it was just too much.

- the third game started horrible: Starter Chris Bassitt popped out his shoulder after 1 out in the game and now is missing up to two months of game action. The Blue Jays still won the game, but that loss is still hard to manage now. Big factor of the win was that the Astros heavily rotated their lineup and just couldn't create offense, even against the Blue Jays that had to go deep into the bullpen

I didn't really decide yet how I handle the hole in the rotation now. Calling up Tiedemann already? Give the spot to Bowden Francis for the time? Or taking Erik Swanson out of the bullpen for the few games Bassitt is missing?

Next up are the Yankees, who started 5-2 as well. And since the Red Sox started 6-1 as well there is not much room for error yet.
Old 03-17-2024, 09:04 AM   #54
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0blong00
What was your opening day lineup? Specifically ss and cf? Edman and Carlson?
Sorry I missed this eariler, and also a post that I made from Spring Training wrap up and season outlook didn't post.

Anyways, during ST I traded Steven Matz to the Mets for Harrison Bader. I didn't like the idea of Carlson in center, nor using Edman (prefer him on the dirt). Also we sent Jordan Walker to AAA to begin the season because I made him a primary 3B versus outfield, because for my plans that is where he works best. So he's at Memphis getting everyday at-bats and improving his glove.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-17-2024, 09:06 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 3

Started my Cleveland Gaurdians I have played 6 games. I play as GM and let CPU vs CPU play the games. After losing the last game before starting my 7th game of the season the team only scored 1 run. This 7th game of the year facing George Kirby from the Mariners it is like the team had a different strategy in this game. My team was way more aggressive at the plate. Going into the 4th Kirby only had 32 pitches but my team was having success scoring 3 runs with this aggressive change. I thought that was pretty cool. Then the 4th keeping this strategy going my team scored 4 more times. It just is a cool detail that playing as GM only it looks like my Manager is using different strategies to get wins. I don't know if anyone else will think it is a big deal but I was impressed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2024, 09:45 AM   #56
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Cardinals Drop Home Opening Series to Marlins

The Cardinals (6-4) dropped their first home series of the 2024 season to the Marlins over the weekend. The Cardinals won on Thursday, but after a scheduled day off on Friday, couldn't carry the momentum through the weekend.

The Cardinals continue to get good production from Gorman, Contreras, and Crawford, but the top of the lineup needs to figure things out if the Cardinals are going to do anything this season.

The Cardinals will remain at home as they welcome the red hot Phillies to town (8-1) for a 3 game series before heading back out west.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »