Home

MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2024, 02:28 PM   #17
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise discussion thread

Cardinals outright Matt Carpenter

The Cardinals have outrighted 2B/IF Matt Carpenter. The 38 year old and the Cardinals reunited this offseason with a one year deal, but this reunion appears to be short lived. As the Cardinals head towards the conclusion of Spring Training, and with the likes of Brandon Crawford on the roster, there really isn't a spot for Carpenter. Nolan Gorman will be the primary DH and Brandon Crawford will be the primary bench player for the infield. Plus Carpenter hasn't hit well this Spring with just 2 hits in 23 at-bats (25 plate appearances).

Its unknown if Carpenter will clear waivers, but if he does expect the Cardinals to just grant him an outright release, versus trying to find a trade partner, as the market is pretty scarce for him at the moment.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-15-2024, 02:32 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Hope to be more active this year than last year. I think I'm going to go back to my 21 settings of All-Star with the timing slider at 0 for me and 10 for the CPU. I've always been more comfortable on All-Star. Hopefully that gives me enough of a challenge.

I pre-ordered the standard edition, so I've got a few more days to wait.
Old 03-15-2024, 03:33 PM   #19
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Hope to be more active this year than last year. I think I'm going to go back to my 21 settings of All-Star with the timing slider at 0 for me and 10 for the CPU. I've always been more comfortable on All-Star. Hopefully that gives me enough of a challenge.

I pre-ordered the standard edition, so I've got a few more days to wait.

I look forward to following along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-15-2024, 03:43 PM   #20
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Going to start my franchise tonight. Still narrowing down what team I want to use as I want to play with a team I've never used before in Franchise.

I'm leaning towards the Orioles, but the Mariners, Rays, Tigers and Reds are also getting some my interest.
Old 03-15-2024, 04:02 PM   #21
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Blue Jays open the season in Tampa with 9-0 thrashing of the Rays behind a strong Kevin Gausman outing. Bichette and Turner went deep.

Only low point lost Kiermaier to a season ending injury. Old man Votto gets the call to DH for a while.

Stock rosters, Stock HOF difficulty, just playing...and we're off!

161 more to go
Second game of the opening four game set at the Trop provided the sort of moment this game is brilliant at.

2-0 down into the bottom of the 5th, I've only got one hit, just not seeing it well at all then bang, HBP, walk, single, bases juiced up steps George Springer and BANG, first pitch slider hung by Zach Eflin and I hammer it 441 ft, in the space of one swing, up 4-2.

Ended up winning it 5-4, excellent 2-0 start to the campaign for Canadas team.

Looking forward to getting my third game of the day in tonight 🙌
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2024, 04:43 PM   #22
Rookie

WillieB1214's Arena

OVR: 0

Braves Bullpen Collapses, Phillies Win With Walk Off

The season couldn't have started much better for the Atlanta Braves, as they roughed up Zach Wheeler while Spencer Strider (6 IP, 8 K, 2 BB, 3 Hits, 1 R, 0 ER) sliced up their batters. Michael Harris (3-5, SB), Austin Riley (2-3), and Ozzie Albies (1-3) all took Wheeler deep as five runs crossed the board en route to a 5-1 lead heading into the bottom of the eighth.

Things would fall apart here, as three straight batters reached on hits off of Tyler Matzek before got his first two outs. AJ Minter would come in to get the final out and was taken deep by JT Realmuto to tie the game. After the Braves failed to score a run in the top of the 10th, Bryce Harper notched a hit off of Joe Jimenez to score Trea Turner, giving the Phillies their first win of the season in the opener.

The Braves only totaled 6 hits, with Ronald Acuna and Matt Olson combining to go 0-7, while Albies and Orlando Arcia each notched errors.

Game Two will see Max Fried on the mound for the Braves against Aaron Nola for the Phillies.
Old 03-15-2024, 04:45 PM   #23
Rookie

RaysTheCups's Arena

Where is the option to turn legends on and off for Franchise? Did they remove it?!

Sent from my SM-S918U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-15-2024, 05:29 PM   #24
Rookie

DirtBallNation's Arena

I started a Franchise with the nationals just to get a feel for things and see where it goes. First impression, nothing too crazy on changes but I always enjoy a fresh game. However first thing I noticed that was goofy, went to play the first spring training game… and the lineup that pops on in the pre-game screen is NOTHING near what I have my lineup set as. I went and double checked my lineups multiple times and still pops up as not the correct lineup I want. Anyone else have this issue or maybe I’m losing my mind..?

Side note: my biggest ick of the game so far is the menus and the white menus with small font. Almost hurts my eyes if you look at it long enough. Again maybe I’m in the minority.

**EDIT: ignore the lineup issue. Just realized they ONLY have DH specific lineups and not non-DH lineups in the lineup screen which is a nice change.

GREEN BAY PACKERS

MILWAUKEE BUCKS

WISCONSIN BADGERS

Last edited by DirtBallNation; 03-15-2024 at 05:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »