Home

MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-14-2024, 01:17 PM   #417
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

Blue Jays pitching lead Toronto to an another series win

Coming to San Diego on a 6 games winning streak, the Blue Jays saw their offense completely fall of the cliff during their trip to California, scoring a total of 7 runs in 3 games. However, the pitching is still strong and helped Toronto to take 2 games of 3 at Petco Park.

The opener saw the Blue Jays winning streak come to an end as the Padres win in extra innings, 2-1.

Kevin Gausman pursued his Cy Young campaign in the second game, pitching an another gem : 8.1 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 10 SO, lowering is ERA to 1.20 and leading the Blue Jays to a 4-2 win.

Finally, Toronto took the last of game of the series 2-1, behind a stellar performance of José Berios who pitched an another complete game, allowing 1 run while striking out 6 battesr and walking none.

The Blue Jays (17-5) have a 4.5 games lead over the Red Sox and the Orioles.

Up next, the Blue Jay remain on the road as they're heading to Kansas City for a 4 games series against the Royals (7-15).

Last edited by Charvalos; 04-14-2024 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-14-2024, 08:43 PM   #418
Rookie

TIGERS WIN THREE OF FOUR VS BLUE JAYS

TIGERS 4 BLUE JAYS 0 MAY 23, 2024

BOX SCORE

The Tigers opened the four game series with a 4-0 win over Toronto. Casey Mize tossed seven shutout innings, allowing just two hits, striking out eight. Jose Agua, Riley Greene, Javier Baez, and Kyle Dutcher had RBI for the Tigers.

TIGERS 13 BLUE JAYS 4 MAY 24, 2024

BOX SCORE

The Tigers throttled the Blue Jays 13-4 in game two. Spencer Torkelson (18) hit a pair of home runs. Jose Agua (6), Riley Greene (6) and Carson Kelly (4) also homered. Torkelson drove in four runs. Tarik Skubal (10-0) went six innings, allowing three runs, picking up the win.

TIGERS 10 BLUE JAYS 2 MAY 25, 2024

BOX SCORE

The Tigers broke a 2-2 tie with eight runs in the eighth inning, en route to a 10-2 win in game three. Riley Greene (7) and Mark Canha (7) homered. Greene's was a grand slam. Beau Brieske (1-0) earned the win in relief.

BLUE JAYS 4 TIGERS 2 MAY 26, 2024

BOX SCORE

The Blue Jays took game four, 4-1. The Tigers managed just one run, on a Jose Agua (7) solo home run. They had just six hits for the game. Jack Flaherty (5-1) took the loss.

The Tiges have an off day on Monday, then host the Pittsburgh Pirates (22-32) for a quick two game series. Pirate rookie Paul Skenes will make his major league debut in game 1.

2024 TIGER SCHEDULE/RESULTS

2024 MLB STANDINGS

DETROIT TIGER STATS

FOLLOW MY FRANCHISE
Old 04-14-2024, 11:48 PM   #419
Rookie

DirtBallNation's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBallNation
It’s happening..

After years of sitting back and wanting to do something crazy in franchise, I STARTED to take the leap tonight in a “non-traditional” sort-to-speak franchise. I see the guys on here that started a fictional franchise and thought that would be the funnest thing. Well I’m gonna go that route, but instead of fictional I’m gonna try and tackle a NCAA franchise… kind of. I know it’s been done before but I feel like the sense of accomplishment just to get it SET UP, is a feat in itself.

I started downloading logo sets and importing and saving teams to have for the future. After about 4ish hours, I downloaded 30 sets of logos and was able to knock out 8 or 10 teams that I have set aside for the remainder of the project. There is a (what looks to be) very intriguing NCAA roster out there made by Robogaming23 on YouTube and I’m gonna use that. However it’s only 26 man rosters, so I plan to maybe implement other players to the roster before the franchise actually takes off
A quick update to my NCAA series! I managed to accomplish downloading logo sets for 30 College teams, import the logos to custom team and finished uniform sets for all 30 teams. Took the course of the weekend when I had free time, but that’s done. I picked through and saved 30 ncaa stadiums to match the teams I have finished. I started up a franchise, got all the teams loaded in and initially I’m going to have it as a 30 team control franchise. This isn’t as much of a rebuild franchise like I’m used to, as much as a just play for ****s and grins with college uniforms and college players. I currently have to still set stadium assignments for all the teams but it seems to take a while to get a custom stadium set, and with it being late, that will have to wait.

However, I did go through a few “Spring Training” games to see how uniforms look. Some are “meh” some are decent, and a couple I thought turned out really cool. So here is a few more sneak peaks of how uniforms turned out.

On a side note: I didn’t think I had the patience to go through the roster set and add generic players for all 30 teams to fill out a 90 man roster, so this roster set will made up of majority of “Joe Random” and I will see the injuries to off. Until we can get through some draft classes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6382.jpg (436.0 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6381.jpg (634.7 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_6384.jpeg (478.0 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6383.jpg (404.5 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6386.jpg (571.1 KB, 65 views)

GREEN BAY PACKERS

MILWAUKEE BUCKS

WISCONSIN BADGERS

Last edited by DirtBallNation; 04-14-2024 at 11:50 PM.
Old 04-14-2024, 11:54 PM   #420
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

We had a good April where we went 20-7 however closed the month losing 3 out of 5. Our longest stretch was winning 8 in a row.

We had a bad luck with injuries losing Ha-Seong Kim, Tyler Wade, and Luis Patino to the 60 Day IL. INF Eguy Rosario is currently on the 10 day IL. We also lost P Randy Vasquez for 15 days however he was recently re-activated. We are struggling with infield depth at this time however newly recalled Mason McCoy is 7/17 and slashing .412/.444/.471.

Still getting slow starts from some of ours big stars however Xander is slowly heating up.

Xander Bogaerts - .222/.298/.397 with 4 HR and 13 RBI
Fernando Tatis Jr - .207/.229/.348 with 4 HR and 15 RBI
Jake Cronenworth - .230.270/.389 with 4 HR and 11 RBI
Manny Machado - .237/.264/.481 with 9 HR and 21 RBI
Jurickson Profar - .255/.303.471 with 5 HR and 9 RBI
Graham Pauley - .224/.246/.313 with 0 HR and 4 RBI
Luis Campusano - .244/.284/.512 with 5 HR and 16 RBI
Tucupita Marcano - .120/.233/.160 with 1 RBI
Jackson Merrill - .229/.247/.518 with 6 HR and 13 RBI

Yu Darvish 3-0, 2.09 ERA, 1.28 WHIP
Joe Musgrove 5-1, 2.00 ERA, 0.71
Michael King 3-2, 2.17 ERA, 0.94 WHIP
Dylan Cease 5-1, 1.58 ERA, 0.78 WHIP
Matt Waldron 0-1, 4.22 ERA, 1.31 WHIP (only 10.2 IP, newly called up).

We are sitting in first place at 25-10

San Diego 25-10
Arizona 19-14
Los Angeles 18-16
San Francisco 15-18
Colorado 11-21

I'm not sure what to do to make the game harder. As you can see from my line up I'm not exactly tearing the cover off the ball but I just seem to be getting some clutch hits. Pitching is definitely my strong suit.

Edit - and now Mason McCoy is joining the 60 day IL club

I'm running out of players to use. I wish they'd let us go over 93 when you have all these injuries.

Last edited by franch1se; 04-15-2024 at 01:38 AM.
Old 04-15-2024, 01:21 AM   #421
Pro

OVR: 3

So I found a video on youtube of a guy (Fiend Franchise) doing a "Draft Only" franchise. I thought this idea was really interesting, so I decided to try my own.

In this type of franchise, you must build your team through the draft only (MLB Draft or Rule 5 Draft). During the first season you simulate the entire season and in the offseason you have to release every player on your 40-Man Roster, so you are starting the MLB roster completely from scratch.

Since I will be starting completely over, I decided to start one with my favorite team (Houston Astros).

So I simulated the entire first season (lost the World Series in 4 games to the Dodgers). Then I released every player on my 40-Man Roster, and drafted 26 players in the Rule 5 Draft. Here is the team I ended up with:

SP - Eric Lauer - 29 yrs old - 72 OVR
SP - Garrett Hill - 29 yrs old - 70 OVR
SP - Blayne Enlow - 26 yrs old - 67 OVR
SP - Tyler Phillips - 27 yrs old - 67 OVR
SP - Carlos Vargas - 25 yrs old - 67 OVR
SP - Brendan Beck - 26 yrs old - 66 OVR
RP - Zach Brzycky - 25 yrs old - 63 OVR
RP - Blake Burkhalter - 24 yrs old - 63 OVR
RP - Holden Powell - 25 yrs old - 63 OVR
RP - Ronan Kopp - 22 yrs old - 62 OVR
RP - Matt Cronin - 27 yrs old - 60 OVR
RP - Carson Palmquist - 24 yrs old - 60 OVR
CP - Nathan Lavender - 25 yrs old - 63 OVR

C - Cole Carrigg - 22 yrs old - 67 OVR
C - Matheu Nelson - 26 yrs old - 66 OVR
1B - Tyler Locklear - 24 yrs old - 66 OVR
1B - Ivan Melendez - 25 yrs old - 65 OVR
1B - Haydn McGeary - 25 yrs old - 64 OVR
2B - Raynel Delgado - 25 yrs old - 65 OVR
2B - Nick Sogard - 27 yrs old - 62 OVR
3B - Nate Eaton - 28 yrs old - 69 OVR
SS - Michael Helman - 28 yrs old - 69 OVR
LF - Andrew Pinckney - 24 yrs old - 67 OVR
CF - Daniel Mateo - 23 yrs old - 66 OVR
CF - Yoelqui Cespedes - 27 yrs old - 65 OVR
RF - Roberto Campos - 21 yrs old - 69 OVR

Obviously, our team is going to be AWFUL. All I'm hoping out of this group is that I can find a few guys that can contribute to our team when we start turning this thing around.

We also have some good players left over from last season that were not on our 40 man roster. These guys will likely get a chance to play for us at some point this season, but for now I am leaving them in the farm system. These guys include:

SP - Spencer Arrighetti - 25 yrs old - 70 OVR - B potential
2B/OF - Pedre Leon - 26 yrs old - 65 OVR - C potential
3B/1B/2B - Zach Dezenzo - 24 yrs old - 63 OVR - B potential
SS/2B - Brice Matthews - 23 yrs old - 70 OVR - C potential
OF - Jacob Melton - 24 yrs old - 71 OVR - B Potential
OF - Kenedy Corona - 24 yrs old - 69 OVR - C potential
OF - Luis Baez - 21 yrs old - 69 OVR - B potential

And during the draft we were able to snag a great looking SS prospect named Fernando Reyes. He is 21 yrs old, 73 OVR with B potential.

Here is to hoping we are able to build this team into a championship contender like our Astros have been over the past 5+ years. Lord knows we are going to start having some GREAT draft picks soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2024, 05:17 AM   #422
Rookie

TIGERS SWEEP PIRATES

TIGERS 9 PIRATES 2 MAY 28, 2024

BOX SCORE

The Togers beat the Pirates 9-2 in game one. Pittsburgh jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first. The Tigers scored in the second, and tied it up in the fifth, before scoring three times in both the sixth and eighth innings. Kyle Dutcher (21) and Javier Baez (10) homered. Mark Canha drove in three.

Matt Manning started, and went five strong innings, but had to leave the game in the sixth with what is being described as a strained finger. The hope is that Manning will not have to miss a start, but an I.L stint is possible.

TIGERS 11 PIRATES 2 MAY 29, 2024

BOX SCORE

The Tigers slugged five home runs, beating the Pirates 11-2, completing the sweep of the two game series. Mark Canha (9) homered twice. Riley Greene (8), Jake Rogers (8), and Spencer Torkelson (19) also homered. Greene drove in four, while Canha drove in three.

Casey Mize (5-3) allowed two runs over six and a third innings, earning his 5th win of the season.

The Tigers now head to Boston, for a four game series against the Red Sox (26-30). They then head to Texas, to face the defending World Series Champion Rangers.

Following the game, the Tigers activated infielder Andy Ibanez from the I.L. In a corresponding move, they optioned OF Matt Vierling to Toledo.

2024 TIGER SCHEDULE/RESULTS

2024 MLB STANDINGS

DETROIT TIGER STATS

FOLLOW MY FRANCHISE
Old 04-15-2024, 07:09 AM   #423
Rookie

DirtBallNation's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTAllTheWay
So I found a video on youtube of a guy (Fiend Franchise) doing a "Draft Only" franchise. I thought this idea was really interesting, so I decided to try my own.

In this type of franchise, you must build your team through the draft only (MLB Draft or Rule 5 Draft). During the first season you simulate the entire season and in the offseason you have to release every player on your 40-Man Roster, so you are starting the MLB roster completely from scratch.

Since I will be starting completely over, I decided to start one with my favorite team (Houston Astros).

So I simulated the entire first season (lost the World Series in 4 games to the Dodgers). Then I released every player on my 40-Man Roster, and drafted 26 players in the Rule 5 Draft. Here is the team I ended up with:

Obviously, our team is going to be AWFUL. All I'm hoping out of this group is that I can find a few guys that can contribute to our team when we start turning this thing around.

We also have some good players left over from last season that were not on our 40 man roster. These guys will likely get a chance to play for us at some point this season, but for now I am leaving them in the farm system. These guys include:

And during the draft we were able to snag a great looking SS prospect named Fernando Reyes. He is 21 yrs old, 73 OVR with B potential.

Here is to hoping we are able to build this team into a championship contender like our Astros have been over the past 5+ years. Lord knows we are going to start having some GREAT draft picks soon.
Best of luck man! I always enjoy doing these types of rebuilds as well!

GREEN BAY PACKERS

MILWAUKEE BUCKS

WISCONSIN BADGERS
Old 04-15-2024, 07:32 AM   #424
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTAllTheWay

This should be fun good luck

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »