Home

MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-11-2024, 07:20 PM   #401
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

Cardinals Sweep Giants to get back to .500

The Cardinals (39-39) swept the Giants over the weekend and have gotten themselves back to .500 on the season. They also have moved to within 3.5 games of the Brewers in the NL Central.

The Cardinals won on Thursday in Tribute to the Negro Leagues game thanks to a walk off homerun by Willson Contreras. The Cardinals got a solid pitching performance out of Sonny Gray, who got the no decision but went 6 innings allowing 1 run on 4 scattered hits and recorded 6 strikeouts.

After an off day Friday so both teams could travel back to St.Louis, the Cardinals bats went nuts on Saturday and Sunday with the Cardinals combining for 28 runs over the two days while the pitching staff gave up 5. Nolan Gorman found his stroke again this series as did Willson Contreras. The Cardinals are still concerned about Paul Goldschmidt who has watched his average dip below .200 as he continues to struggle since returning from the IL.

The Cardinals remain home to host the Braves for a 3 game series starting Monday. The Cardinals will then close out June with a 4 game homestand against the Reds.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2024, 09:22 PM   #402
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Rough day for Harrison Bader vs the Giants. He gets hit twice and then in his next at bat they pitch out and he somehow tears his calf standing in the batters box and is out 2-3 months. I was planning on DFA'ing Starling Marte but now it looks like I'll probably keep him around. I'm most likely going to move Jeff McNeil to LF, Nimmo to CF and call up Brett Baty to replace Bader.

I've also DFA'd Omar Narvaez and traded for Chad Wallach to take over the backup catcher role. I needed someone that can hit lefties because I don't want to give Francisco Alvarez any off days against righties if possible since he hits them so well.
Old 04-11-2024, 10:54 PM   #403
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Orioles July 8th Update

Date: July 8th, 2024
Orioles Record: 55-36 (2nd AL East 0.5 GB)
L10: 9-1

Orioles Update:
The Orioles just completed a 3 game sweep of the Oakland A's, and they have now won 7 straight and 9 of their last 10. They also lead the Wild Card Standings. Things get a bit tougher as they host the Cubs next and the Yankees for a 3 game weekend series, before they go in to the All Star Break.

Orioles Notes:
  • 3 Oriole players look to be locks to be starters in the All Star Game. Adley Rutschman, Gunnar Henderson and Anthony Santander all have significant leads at their respective positions in the vote.
  • Rookie Jackson Holliday is having a strong rookie season. He's hitting .276 with 9 homers and 36 RBI. The Orioles have occasionally been using him in the leadoff spot and there's some talk this may end up being a permanent change.
  • Orioles prospects Kyle Stowers (.291, 9HR, 32RBI), Heston Kjerstad (.284, 9HR, 33 RBI) and Connor Norby (.255, 7HR, 20RBI) are all making cases for being called up soon.
  • Speaking of Prospects waiting on the wings OF Colton Cowser (.231, 6HR, 16RBI) and IF Jordan Westburg (.171, 1HR, 7RBI) maybe candidates to be sent down. While the Orioles remain high on both players they have struggled as of recently.

Recent Transactions:
7/8 Activated LHP John Means from Injured List

Highlights from last game (6-5 win over Oakland)

Old 04-12-2024, 07:13 AM   #404
Rookie

WillieB1214's Arena

OVR: 0

Atlanta Takes Series Against Angels

August 16-18, 2024

The Atlanta Braves put up a good performance in Los Angeles to win their second straight series. The opener was a weird one, as the Braves won 7-3 in a game where they couldn't really hit, but they could walk. Atlanta only picked up five hits, but walked seven time and four of those five hits were homers. Austn Riley's 45th was the biggest hit with a three-run shot in the top of the ninth. Matt Olson, Ozzie Albies, and Marcell Ozuna all went deep as well. The biggest moment of the game actually came from Chris Martin. After Charlie Morton only allowed one run in the first five inning, he left the game with one out and the bases loaded in the sixth. Martin got a strikeout from Micky Moniak and a groundout from Logan O'Hoppe to end the inning. Martin did give up a two-run homer the next inning, but Riley's homer gave them the lead they needed to finish with a win.

Ronald Acuna hit a homer and Travis d'Arnaud got an RBI single, but Bryce Elder did not have a good performance in the second game. Elder five runs in 4.1 IP, the biggest being a two-run shot from Taylor Ward in a game where the Braves didn't really hit and lost 5-2.

The third game featured a 9-2 win for Atlanta as they mashed four homers from Acuna, Riley, Olson, and Ozuna while Spencer Strider struck out nine batters in 7.2 innings while allowing two runs. Sean Murphy also produced a two-run double.

Up next, the 87-39 Braves have a three-game set at home against a Philadelphia Phillies team that has fallen apart and now sits at 53-71.
Old 04-12-2024, 09:17 AM   #405
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

The rockies completed an unlikely sweep of the Diamondbacks in Arizona with a close 4-2 win.

Kyle Freeland went 7 innings, and got himself out of a number of jams, none more so than 2 out, 2 on, top of the 7th.

In a 3-2 game, pitching to Gurriel Jr, a tiring Freeland fell behind 2-0, left a changeup up in the zone and gurriel got a hold of it with perfect contact to deep centre, where Brenton Doyle chased down the ball at the wall and made what would be a game-saving catch.

The Rockies pen would close out the game and Hendriks earned his league leading 3rd save on the season.

Drew Romo continues to surprise, going 2-4 with 2 RBIs, but Kike Hernandez was player of the series batting .344 with 2 HR and 4 RBI's, and coming thru clutch a number of times.

Much of Arizona's woes was with leaving batters on base. They outhit Colorado in the series, and loaded the bases 3 times in the series but failed to score a run.

Next up, Colorado travel to Chicago to meet the unbeaten Cubs where Dokota Hudson meets Javier Assad.

Arizona travel to New York for a 3 game set verse the (2-1) Yankees
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2024, 04:17 PM   #406
Rookie

One common theme so far with the 2025 Toronto Blue Jays is that they have won two out of three in each of their first four series. Against the Astros, Tigers and Brewers, the Jays dropped the first game of those three series' before rebounding to win the final two. The most recent series against the Orioles in Baltimore reversed that trend a bit. While Toronto still won two out of three in that matchup, they won the first two this time around before dropping the third game. Corbin Burnes is looking every bit like the ace that he was advertised to be when the Jays signed him in the offseason, as he currently sports a 2-1 record with an ERA of 2.84. Felix Bautista has already appeared in six games out of the pen, but two of them were in non save scenarios. In the other four games, he is a perfect four for four in saving games, but again, it's very early. Rookie David Shearer is off to a solid start so far, batting .250 in 36 at bats. Also among the early season standouts is Willy Adames, who is currently batting .340 and has already swatted 5 homers. Alonso is hitting even better, to the tune of a .362 clip and leads the team in homers and RBIs with 7 and 14 respectively. Juan Soto has also been raking, hitting four homers and driving in 13 runs. Danny Jansen has also been chipping in with three homers and seven RBIs and a .450 average in 20 at bats. This is a much better start than last season, when he was slow out of the gate. This year seems to be Daulton Varsho's turn to be slow out of the gate, as he has tallied just three hits in 31 at bats. He will need to pick it up sooner rather than later, or he might find himself benched in favor of Mickey Moniak, who has hit .263 in 23 at bats so far. But Varsho isn't the only one struggling out of the blocks. Kevin Gausman has compiled a 6.75 ERA in 16 innings, and his most recent start against the Orioles went completely south on him in the 5th inning, which also doesn't help. Fellow starter Alek Manoah isn't faring much better, having compiled a 10.38 ERA in just two outings thus far. In the bullpen, Genesis Cabrera has only pitched 3 and a third innings, but his ERA is also off to a bad start at 7.36. These are pitchers who will certainly need to step up their games and contribute more positively or changes may have to be made. Chris Bassitt, meanwhile, is off to a very good start, as is Paul Skenes. Both pitchers are currently 2-0, but Skenes has a slightly better ERA right now at 1.32, while Bassitt is just six points higher at 1.38. Those two have certainly been very good in the rotation so far this season, but as I have said, it's early. Speaking of Bassitt, he gets the start in the first game of Toronto's interleague matchup with the Reds. Manoah follows in game two and Skenes in game three. The Reds will be sending Jordan Montgomery to the mound in game one, followed by Andrew Abbott and Brandon Williamson. Should be an exciting series of games between these two clubs.

(I should point out that my Switch OLED, which is what I'm using for my Jays save, suffered some minor damage earlier this week as the right Joy Con on it suffered a bit of a crack in its' top left corner. Thankfully, it still works)
Old 04-12-2024, 06:10 PM   #407
Rookie

TIGERS WIN TWO OF THREE IN KANSAS CITY

ROYALS 4 TIGERS 3 MAY 20, 2024

BOX SCORE

The Royals beat the Tigers 4-3 in game one of the series. Bobby Witt Jr. doubled in two runs in the bottom of the fifth. Colt Keith had a pair of RBI for the Tigers. Kenta Maeda (6-2) allowed four runs in five innings, taking the loss.

TIGERS 9 ROYALS 6 MAY 21, 2024

BOX SCORE

The Tigers rebounded to take game two, 9-6. Jake Rogers (6) hit a pair of home runs, and drove in four. Spencer Torkelson, and Kyle Dutcher added a pair of RBI each. Jack Flaherty (5-0) struggled, allowing six runs in five innings, but earned the win.

TIGERS 6 ROYALS 5 MAY 22, 2024

BOX SCORE

The Tigers outlasted the Royals in game 3, 6-5. Jose Agua (5), Jake Rogers (7), Mark Canha (6) and Kyle Dutcher (20) homered. Kerry Carpenter had a pair of RBI. Matt Manning (7-1) allowed four runs in five and two thirds innings, to pick up the win.

The Tigers return home for a four game series against the Toronto Blue Jays (26-23), starting on Thursday. Saturday and Sunday's games will be "throwback" games, with both the Tigers and Blue Jays wearing Jerseys from the 1980's.

2024 TIGER SCHEDULE/RESULTS

2024 MLB STANDINGS

DETROIT TIGER STATS

FOLLOW MY FRANCHISE
Old 04-12-2024, 07:07 PM   #408
Rookie

Blue Jays sweep the Yankees

The Toronto Blue Jays (15-4) swept the Yankees for the second time this season and are now on a 6 games winning streak.

On Jackie Robinson Day, José Berrios pitched a gem : 9.0 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 7 SO leading Toronto to a 5-1 win.

The second game of the series didn't see a lot of offense as both teams recorded 5 hits. A 2 runs home run by Danny Jansen in the bottom of the 7th inning powered the Blue Jays to a 3-2 win.

The final game of the series saw the Yankees taking an early 4-0 lead after 2 innings and the a 5-3 lead in the 4th inning but Toronto came back from behind to complete the sweep with a 9-5 victory.

The Blue Jays have a day off as they travel to San Diego (10-11) for a 3 games series.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »