Home

MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-15-2024, 07:37 AM   #425
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

Cardinals take 3 of 4 from Reds in St.Louis

The Cardinals (44-41) took 3 games of a 4 game series with the Reds over the weekend in St.Louis. The Cardinals are now within 3 games of the Brewers and occupy the 3rd wild card spot.

The Cardinals offense was explosive this series scoring a total of 41 runs and hitting a dozen homeruns. In the meantime the pitching was just as good allowing only 9 runs total in the series. This is the first series since the beginning of the season that both the pitching and hitting was on the same page the entire series.

The Cardinals will now travel to Pittsburgh for a 3 game series with the Pirates.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2024, 08:29 AM   #426
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Cardinals take 3 of 4 from Reds in St.Louis

The Cardinals (44-41) took 3 games of a 4 game series with the Reds over the weekend in St.Louis. The Cardinals are now within 3 games of the Brewers and occupy the 3rd wild card spot.

The Cardinals offense was explosive this series scoring a total of 41 runs and hitting a dozen homeruns. In the meantime the pitching was just as good allowing only 9 runs total in the series. This is the first series since the beginning of the season that both the pitching and hitting was on the same page the entire series.

The Cardinals will now travel to Pittsburgh for a 3 game series with the Pirates.

It’s been fun watching your season turn around. Good luck down the stretch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2024, 09:33 AM   #427
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCPUgeek
It’s been fun watching your season turn around. Good luck down the stretch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks!

I appreciate the follow along

Old 04-15-2024, 09:57 AM   #428
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Cardinals Sweep Pirates as streak continues

The Cardinals (47-41) swept the Pirates in Pittsburgh to begin the week. The Cardinals have now won 6 straight games and have closed to within a game of the Brewers in the NL Central and lead the Reds by 2 games in the wildcard.

The hot hitting continues for the Cardinals who scored 5 runs on Tuesday, 7 on Wednesday, and 6 on Thursday. Pitching wasn't as strong as the Reds series, but still was serviceable to keep leads and close out games. The best news of the series is Jack Flaherty thru a complete game shutout on Tuesday. Flaherty has struggled this year, but this could be a turning point for him becoming a top rotational starter that he was pegged to be in the Cardinals organization.

Paul Goldschmidt continues to swing a hot bat as he has hit safely in 10 straight games and homered in back to back games (Wednesday and Thursday)

The Cardinals will travel to Washington for a 4 game series that includes an odd Monday finale of the series.

Cardinals acquire Jordan Hicks from Giants

The Cardinals continue the reuniting campaign as they acquired RHP Jordan Hicks from the Giants. Hicks who was a starter for the Giants was just 2-7 with a plus 4 ERA and 1.75 WHIP. He was only averaging about 5 innings per start. The Cardinals will convert Hicks back to a bullpen piece as they look to improve their pitching staff over the next few weeks as the deadline approaches.

In return the Giants received OF Nathan Church (#18 STL organization) RHP Sem Robberse (#15 STL organization) and RHP Zach Showalter (#20 STL organization)

The Cardinals will continue to look to improve the pitching staff, but don't expect them to sell the farm to do so. This will likely be the biggest return the Cards send to acquire a trade piece, but this is in part due to Hicks is under contact for the next 3 years.

Old 04-15-2024, 12:44 PM   #429
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

☆Reds win first two, but unable to complete the sweep as Lodolo's early season struggles continue☆

Game one: Reds (3 8 0) vs Mets (0 6 0)

W- F. Montas (1-0) 5ip 5h 0er 2bb 3k
L- J. Quintana (0-2) 4.1ip 5h 3er 2bb 3k
S- A. Diaz (1)
HRs- none

Game two: Reds (8 10 2) vs Mets (4 9 0)

W- N. Martinez (1-0) 5ip 5h 3er 0bb 3k
L- A. Houser (1-1) SP S. Manaea 4ip 5h 3er 2bb 4k
S- A. Diaz (2)
HRs- TJ Friedl (2); Pete Alonso (2,3), Brett Baty (1)

Game three: Reds (5 7 0) vs Mets (6 14 1)

W- J. Diekman (1-0) SP L. Severino 4.1ip 2h 0er 1bb 7k
L- B. Williamson (1-1) SP N. Lodolo 4.2ip 7h 4er 1bb 1k
HRs- Will Benson (1), Spencer Steer (1)

~~Injury news~~

● Twins 2B Willi Castro out for the season. Recalled 3B Jose Miranda.

● Rockies RP Tyler Kinley out 2-3 months. Recalled RP Lucas Gilbreath.

Up next: Reds (5-4, 3rd NL Central, 2.5gb) vs Brewers (4-4, 4th NL Central, 3.0gb)

Game one: Andrew Abbott (0-1, 9.00era 5k) vs Aaron Ashby (0-1, 21.60era 1k)

Game two: Hunter Greene (1-1, 2.79era 14k) vs D.L. Hall (0-1, 5.40era 5k)

Game three: Frankie Montas (1-0, 0.00era 6k) vs Freddy Peralta (0-1, 2.25era 9k)

Game four: Nick Martinez (1-0, 4.50era 8k) vs Brandon Woodruff (1-1, 2.19era 8k)

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 04-15-2024, 11:33 PM   #430
Pro

Itsma806's Arena

OVR: 0

2024 Oakland Athletics 05/17-05/19

Overall Record: 21-28 (5th AL West/10.5 behind Los Angeles Angels)

game Results

Game 1
Athletics-1
Royals-0

Game 2
Athletics-3
Royals-2

Game 3
Royals-3
Athletics-1

A's win streak reaches four before loss in last game vs. KC

The A's won two of three against the Kansas City Royals in a low scoring series. There were only ten combined runs in the series between the two teams. Oakland won games one and two, 1-0 and 3-2 before the Royals won the final game of the series, 3-1.

The Athletics got their two wins despite getting out hit in each game (10-3 and 8-6). The A's lone run in game one came via a Matt Chapman rbi single in the 6th inning that knocked in Ryan Noda who singled earlier in the inning. Alex Wood got his third win of the series despite allowing nine hits in just six innings of work.

The A's got two homeruns in game two from two pretty surprising contributors. Lawrence Butler hit his first of the season in the 3rd inning, a two run shot to right center field. Jordan Diaz then hit his third of the year in the fifth inning after the Royals tied it up at 2-2. After that the bullpen combination of Mitch Spence, Scott Alexander and Lucas Erceg held the Royals scoreless while Erceg gathered his 12th save of the season.

The Royals got an early RBI out of Darion Blanco in game three and two more from Salvardor Perez and Vinnie Pasquantino as the A's offense struggled to get much going aside from a sixth inning homerun by Seth Brown (#8) as Oakland failed to capture their first sweep of 2024.

Now, after seventeen games in row, Oakland will have a day off before they return home to face off with the Rockies (16-30/5th NL West).
Old 04-16-2024, 12:32 AM   #431
Pro

OVR: 3

Our "Draft Only" Astros have made it to August 2nd, 2025 and it's even worse than I thought it was going to be. We are currently sitting at 23-87 on the season. The White Sox and Rockies each have 39 wins... that's the closest to how bad our team is. And considering we were in the World Series last year, we were left with a pretty weak drafting position as well... we'll talk about all of that later.

Right now, let's look at some stats from our guys:

C - Cole Carrigg - .228 avg. with 6 HRs and 26 RBIs
1B - Tyler Locklear - .219 avg. with 4 HRs and 22 RBIs
2B - Raynel Delgado - .216 avg. with 4 HRs and 27 RBIs
3B - Nate Eaton - .214 avg. with 3 HRs and 23 RBIs
SS - Michael Helman - .211 avg. with 5 HRs and 25 RBIs
LF - Andrew Pinckney - .219 avg. with 8 HRs and 30 RBIs
CF - Daniel Mateo - .206 avg. with 6 HRs and 31 RBIs
RF - Roberto Campos - .223 avg. with 11 HRs and 47 RBIs
1B - Ivan Melendez - .214 avg. with 10 HRs and 30 RBIs
C - Matheu Nelson - .210 avg. with 1 HR and 3 RBIs
1B - Haydn McGeary - .380 avg. with 4 HRs and 9 RBIs
CF - Yoelqui Cespedes - .198 avg. with 1 HR and 11 RBIs
2B - Nick Sogard - .239 avg. with 2 HRs and 11 RBIs

SP - Eric Lauer - 1-17 W-L with a 4.37 ERA and 1.37 WHIP
SP - Garrett Hill - 1-13 W-L with a 5.01 ERA and 1.87 WHIP
SP - Blayne Enlow - 2-16 W-L with a 7.83 ERA and 1.72 WHIP
SP - Tyler Phillips - 1-14 W-L with a 6.47 ERA and 1.85 WHIP
SP - Brendan Beck - 6-13 W-L with a 4.31 ERA and 1.26 WHIP
SP - Carlos Vargas - 2-1 W-L with a 5.60 ERA and 1.65 WHIP
RP - Carson Palmquist - 1-0 W-L with a 4.24 ERA and 1.39 WHIP
RP - Ronan Kopp - 1-2 W-L with a 3.26 ERA and 1.33 WHIP
RP - Blake Burkhalter - 2-3 W-L with a 7.70 ERA and 2.16 WHIP
RP - Matt Cronin - 3-3 W-L with a 3.58 ERA and 1.29 WHIP
SU - Holden Powell - 0-1 W-L with a 9.58 ERA and 1.74 WHIP
SU - Zach Brzycky - 1-0 W-L with a 7.47 ERA and 1.91 WHIP
CL - Nathan Lavender - 2-4 W-L with a 2.88 ERA and 1.40 WHIP (12 Saves)

As you can see, our stats are HORRENDOUS. There is very little to be excited about with this group. Batting wise, everyone is in the low .200s with the exception of Haydn McGreary, but he has only gotten about 50 at bats this season. Pitching wise, there are a few decent looking guys. Brendan Beck is our best starter. Ronan Kopp and Matt Cronin are doing a pretty decent out of the pen. Our closer, Nathan Lavender has done a good job as our closer but he hasn't gotten the chances we need him to get.

Now a quick prospect look:

LF - Jacob Melton - 73 OVR - B potential - AAA - Hitting .278 with 14 HRs and 48 RBIs.
1B - Joey Loperfido - 67 OVR - B potential - AAA - Hitting .243 with 10 HRs and 46 RBIs
RF - Luis Baez - 71 OVR - B potential - AA - Hitting .253 with 8 HRs and 41 RBIs
SS - Fernando Reyes - 75 OVR - B Potential - AA - Hitting .267 with 7 HRs and 43 RBIs
3B - Zach Dezenzo - 65 OVR - B potential - AA - Hitting .246 with 8 HRs and 31 RBIs

SP - Spencer Arrighetti - 72 OVR - B potential - AAA - 8-7 W-L with a 3.73 ERA and 1.35 WHIP

Each one of these guys could come up to the MLB level and probably contribute right away, but considering my entire roster is made up of Rule 5 Draft picks, I am just going to keep them down in the minors until the September Call Ups, then the rest of the guys will be able to fight for a position in Spring Training next season.

As far as the draft goes, it was a tough one for us. Having the #29 pick put us behind early. The only person we really ended up with that could contribute to our MLB roster in a few years is a Starting Pitcher named Victor Ramirez. he is a 69 OVR with B potential. His per 9s look really good, with the exception of H/9 where he is a whopping 20. Our first round pick was an injured pitcher.

We will be finishing up this season soon, and then the real improvements will begin.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2024, 06:47 AM   #432
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Cardinals win 3 games of 4 game series with Nationals

The Cardinals (50-42) won 3 games of a 4 game series with the Nationals over the weekend, and Monday, in Washington. The Cardinals now find themselves with a 1/2 game lead over the Brewers in the NL Central.

The Cardinals won Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, but were unable to complete the sweep with a Monday win ending their winning streak at 9 games. Kyle Gibson was the losing pitcher Monday, as he struggled giving up 3 homeruns in the 5+ innings he worked. That coupled with the Cardinals just couldn't get the bats going and Monday reminded you of the 2+ months prior to this winning streak.

Matthew Liberatore was strong on Friday going 7 innings with 10 strikeouts and giving up a single run on just 4 hits. Jack Flaherty had his second straight quality start on Saturday throwing 6 innings with 2 runs on 6 hits and striking out 5. Sonny Gray was brilliant Sunday going just 6 innings but he struck out 12 of the 18 outs he recorded. Gray was pulled after reaching 102 pitches after 6.

At the dish the Cardinals, except for Monday, swung the bats well. Paul Goldschmidt continues to go right as does Nolan Gorman. Harrison Bader had a 4 hit series in 3 games, and Lars Nootbaar has solidfied his starting over Tyler O'Neill in left as he had a 6 hit series in 4 games.

The Cardinals will now head home to face the Royals for a brief 2 game series on Tuesday and Wednesday before hosting the Cubs for a 3 game series over the weekend to end the first half of the season.

Tommy Edman to 10 day IL with groin pull

Tommy Edman was placed on the 10 day IL after Friday's game with a groin pull. Edman injured himself in the 4th inning running out a groundball. Doesn't appear to be anything overly serious as Edman is expected back after the break.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »