Home

MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-13-2024, 01:37 AM   #409
Rookie

DirtBallNation's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

It’s happening..

After years of sitting back and wanting to do something crazy in franchise, I STARTED to take the leap tonight in a “non-traditional” sort-to-speak franchise. I see the guys on here that started a fictional franchise and thought that would be the funnest thing. Well I’m gonna go that route, but instead of fictional I’m gonna try and tackle a NCAA franchise… kind of. I know it’s been done before but I feel like the sense of accomplishment just to get it SET UP, is a feat in itself.

I started downloading logo sets and importing and saving teams to have for the future. After about 4ish hours, I downloaded 30 sets of logos and was able to knock out 8 or 10 teams that I have set aside for the remainder of the project. There is a (what looks to be) very intriguing NCAA roster out there made by Robogaming23 on YouTube and I’m gonna use that. However it’s only 26 man rosters, so I plan to maybe implement other players to the roster before the franchise actually takes off.

Here’s a sneak peak of some teams i have set up so far. (Mind you, the jerseys aren’t PERFECT to IRL but that’s what makes it fun, is it can keep it how I think colleges should have their uniforms)

I’m hoping to have the rest done by the end of the weekend!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6380.jpg (595.7 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6378.jpg (622.5 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6376.jpg (639.4 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6374.jpg (615.1 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6373.jpg (645.9 KB, 117 views)

GREEN BAY PACKERS

MILWAUKEE BUCKS

WISCONSIN BADGERS
Old 04-13-2024, 05:16 PM   #410
Pro

Itsma806's Arena

2024 Oakland Athletics 05/13-05/16

Overall Record:19-27 (5th AL West/10.5 behind Texas Rangers)

Game Results:

Game 1
Astros-4
Athletics-1

Game 2
Astros-5
Athletics-4

Game 3
Athletics-2
Astros-1

Game 4
Athletics-9
Astros-2

Athletics win two in a row to split series with Astros

The Oakland Athletics very nearly won their four game series against the Houston Astros in Houston.

Houston took game one, 4-1. The Athletics had their chance at taking game two as they entered the bottom of the ninth up, 4-2. Lucas Erceg came in to face the dangerous top part of the Astro's lineup. Entering the game, Erceg had been successful in 10 of 11 save attempts.

His success would not carry over into this game however as Jeremy Pena led off the inning with a double. He was then moved to third on a Yordan Alvarez ground out and later scored. In all, Erceg gave up four runs in just that ninth inning as Houston took the game 5-4.

Game three saw the Athletics most consistent starter thus far, Hogan Harris take the mound against the Astros' Cristian Javier. Harris was again great although he did give up nine hits in his six innings of work, he did not allow a run. The A's did score one run off of Javier, a solo homerun in the top of the third by Jordan Diaz, his 2nd of the year.

Both teams scores in the eighth. The A's came after Esteury Ruiz did his thing and singled then stole second. That was followed by a Miguel Andujar rbi single to at the time give the A's the 2-0 lead.

The Astros answered back in the bottom of the eighth when Jose Altuve and Alex Bregman hit a pair of doubles to bring the score to 2-1.

Erceg was able to get the save in this game despite allowing two hits for his 11th of the year.

The Athletics then went on to have one of their better offensive games of the year in their 9-2 win to even the series. Zack Gelof was a big part of that as he hit a homerun and had five total rbi's in his first two at bats. He also added another hit later in the game. Brent Rooker, Seth Brown, Miguel Andujar and Aledmys Diaz also had rbis of their own.

The A's will now close out their roadtrip in Kansas City as they will face the Royals (19-26/4th AL Central) in a three game series before returning home.
Old 04-13-2024, 08:05 PM   #411
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Another month down and the Royals remain in 1st place. 8.5 games ahead of the Twins and tied with the Orioles for the best record in the AL. We won 6 of our 9 series this month, with 3-game sweeps of the A's and Red Sox, and a 4-game sweep of the Tigers. Our 3 series losses were to the Rays, Mariners, and Rangers losing 2 of 3 in each. We cleaned up at home going 13-4 while going 6-6 on the road. As for the rest of the league the Orioles lead the AL East by 4.5 games over the Rays while the Rangers at 35-25 have a half-game lead over the Angels in the AL West. Over in the NL the Braves at 38-22 have a 3-game lead over the Phillies, The Brewers lead the Reds by half a game at 30-29, and the Dodgers lead the majors in wins at 47-15 with a 13-game lead over the Padres.

Schedule
Spoiler

The offense found some power this month raising our SLG from .414 to .437. Overall we are hitting .262/.307/.437 (7th/24th/10th). Our 21 Triples on the year lead the majors while our 84 doubles are the 4th lowest. Our 79 Home Runs are 8th in the league and our 44 Stolen Bases are tied for 13th while our 80% success rate is 2nd best. Walks continue to be an issue and may be as bad as ever. We are dead last with just 116 walks. 35 less than the next lowest, the same as the difference between 29th and 16th. We at least make up for it by putting the ball in play as we are 3rd in the league in strikeouts with 397.

Injuries hit us a bit at the end of the month with Bobby Witt and Kyle Isbel each being placed on the IL. Witt's injury isn't serious suffering a pulled calf and should be back in the next few days. It came at a pretty bad time though as he had just started to get hot hitting 6 home runs in his previous 12 games. Isbel on the other hand will miss 6-8 weeks with a Fractured Wrist. Tyler Gentry has made me regret sending him down to start the season since coming up and taking Drew Waters's spot. In 90 at-bats he has hit .322/.330/.611 with 6 HR and 8 Doubles on his way to winning
Rookie of the Month.

The pitching has been just a bit worse than the previous month with the team ERA dropping to 3.50. Still good for 4th best. We are now 3rd in Home Runs allowed with 59, 2nd in Walks allowed with 131, and 20th in Strikeouts with 428. The bullpen has taken a step back with 4 relievers sporting an ERA between 4.08 and 4.13 (Nick Anderson, Josh Taylor, Carlos Hernandez, and John Schreiber). Chris Stratton and James McArthur sit at 2.70 and 2.10. And if Tanner Scott is making his way to the mound the game is already over. He is now up to 22 saves and 26 innings without allowing an earned run. He has 25 Strikeouts to 6 Walks with just 11 hits good for a 0.65 WHIP. As for the starters its still a 3 man show a the top, but a new leader has emerged with Cole Ragans earning Pitcher of the Month going 5-0 with a 0.76 ERA. Overall he is 5-0 with a 2.48 ERA and 0.92 WHIP in 72.2 IP. Brady Singer (3.25) and Daniel Lynch (3.74) round out the top 3. Kris Bubic has been serviceable with a 4.31 ERA in 54.1 IP. Seth Lugo was placed on the IL with a torn finger ligament after picking up his first win on May 15th. He had his best game of the year going 5.1 IP with 1 ER before the injury. We decided to call up Kyle Wright to take his spot and it hasn't gone great for him so far. He gave up 5 runs in 5 innings in his first start. Bounced back a bit in the 2nd start giving up 1 run but only going 4 innings. Then gave up 4 runs in 5 innings in his last start.

Players of the Month
Spoiler

We have 37 games left before the All-Star break. 19 of them against teams over .500 and only 7 of those games at home. We also have just 6 divisional games as well with none at all in June.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2024, 09:11 AM   #412
Rookie

WillieB1214's Arena

Braves Take Out of Three Against Phillies at Home

August 20-22, 2024

The Philadelphia Phillies (54-73 after this series) came into the 2024 season with plenty of hype as a potential World Series winner and even took two out of three in the opening series against the Atlanta Braves, but things have fallen off the rails since the All Star Break, which included an 11-game losing streak very recently. The pitching hasn't been great and only a few of their hitters (Bryce Harper and Trea Turner) and been up to par.

The opener saw the Phillies jump out to a 3-0 lead through the top of the seventh, as Max Fried had pitched well only giving up a homer to Edmundo Sosa through six. Fried walked Harper in the top of the seventh and was replaced by Chris Martin. Martin would give up a first pitch two-run homer to Turner before getting clean through the rest of the inning. Down 3-0, the Braves would get the bases loaded against Taijuan Walker, who had pitched well, before Matt Olson hit a bases clearing double to tie the game. Tyler Matzek and Reynaldo would hold the Phillies scoreless in the eighth and ninth, when Orlando Arcia would reach on a single, Ronald Acuna would move him to second with one of his own, and Austin Riley finished the comeback win in walk off fashion with a smoke shot down the line. Braves win 4-3.

The second game was all Braves and included an excellent outing from Chris Sale, who was pulled with one out left, going 8.2 IP with six Ks and only five baserunners allowed. Offensively, Acuna continued his chase for history with a two-run homer, while Michael Harris picked up two hits and two RBI himself in a 5-0 win.

An Arcia error in the third inning of the final game of the series led to six-run inning for the Phillies in a blowout loss for the Braves. Charlie Morton gave up seven runs, but only one earned, as he didn't finish the third. The bullpen was solid, but the damage was done. Acuna picked up a few hits and Jarred Kelenic hit his 16th homer of the season, but that was about it in an 8-2 loss for the home team.

Acuna chase for his second 40-40 season stands at 33 homers and 46 steals with 33 games to play.

Up next, the Braves (89-40) get a three-game home set against the Washington Nationals (51-77).
Old 04-14-2024, 09:34 AM   #413
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Cardinals take series from Braves to get over .500

The Cardinals (41-40) took two games of a three game series with the Braves over to start the week and are now over .500 for the first time since early April. The Cardinals are also within 3 games of the Brewers in the division and a half game back of the Reds for the 3rd wildcard.

The series didn't start out great as the Braves won the series opener 6-2 on Monday with the Cardinals leaving a man in scoring position in all but one inning. The Cardinals were within striking distance going into the 8th trailing 3-1 but the lead quickly expanded when Arcia hit a 3 run bomb off of Giovanny Gallegos.

Tuesday was a thriller as the Cardinals led 3-2 going into the 8th with man on first and one out, Zack Thompson got Matt Olson to hit a grounder that Nolan Gorman snagged in the hole between first and second, but his throw to 2nd was errant which led to the Braves eventually taking a 4-3 lead. But the Cardinals wouldn't be denied as they scored twice in the bottom of the inning as they played station to station ball with 6 straight batters reaching base either via walk or a single with 1 out. Up 5-4 with the bases loaded, it appeared that Lars Nootbaar was going to blow it open, but Michael Harris made a hell of a catch up against the wall to end the inning. Ryan Helsley would pitch a perfect 9th to secure the victory and earn the save.

Wednesday was less exciting as the Cardinals bats exploded for 12 hits and 8 runs in route to a 8-2 victory. Paul Goldschmidt got right in this game going 3 for 3 with a double, single and grand slam. He drove in 7 of the 8 runs the Cardinals put on the board.

The Cardinals will remain home as the Reds come to town for a 4 game weekend series to close out the month of June.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-14-2024, 10:03 AM   #414
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

So the Yariel Rodriguez debut yesterday was so impressive for me, that I even restarted my save because he wasn't on that roster yet. Then I upped his attributes a bit to show his velocity from yesterday and made him the last starter in the rotation.

Sadly Gausman got hit in the head by a ball in the first game, so I still need to find another starter from the bullpen. The show gives and the show takes.

For a second I tried playing with another team(Padres), but then I already missed my guys. At least I know now that they really are my team going forward, even though I kinda miss Tatis as well.
Old 04-14-2024, 10:13 AM   #415
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Started up a Reds franchise. Already played through a few series, where I play the first and last games and simulate game two. Four game sets I'll play 3 of 4. A fully healthy Reds ball club is a fun and very dangerous team. Here is a quick wrap up of our first series of 2024 vs the Nationals.

I do live stream most of the games played if you would like to check out any of the games. The link is https://www.youtube.com/@DarthRambo

☆☆

Game one: Reds (5 9 0) vs Nationals (0 6 0)

W- H. Greene (1-0) 5ip 5h 0er 1bb 9k
L- Josiah Gray (0-1) 3ipv6h 2er 3bb 1k
HRs- Matt McLain (1), Jeimer Candelario (1), Elly De La Cruz (1)

Game two: Reds (2 5 0) vs Nationals (3 10 2) 10 innings

W- J. Weems (1-0) SP M. Gore 7ip 1h 1er 2bb 5k
L- L. Sims (0-1) SP F. Montas 6ip 4h 0er 2bb 3k
HRs- Stone Garrett (1); TJ Friedl (1)

Game three: Reds (11 14 0) vs Nationals (2 3 1)

W- I. Gibaut (1-0) SP N. Martinez 5ip 3h 2er 0bb 5k
L- S. Strasburg (0-1) 5.1ip 8h 5er 1bb 5k
HRs- Keibert Ruiz (1); Matt McLain (2), Tyler Stephenson (1)

~~Injury news~~

● Astros SP Justin Verlander out 1-2 months. Recalled SP José Urquidy.
● Brewers CF Garrett Mitchell out 1-2 months. Recalled 2B Christian Arroyo.

Up next: Reds (2-1) @ Phillies (2-1)

Game one: Nick Lodolo (0-0) vs Kolby Allard (0-0)

Game two: Andrew Abbott (0-0) vs Taijuan Walker (0-0)

Game three: Hunter Greene (1-0) vs Zack Wheeler (0-1)

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 04-15-2024 at 02:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2024, 11:34 AM   #416
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

☆Reds go on the road for the first time in 2024. Lose the rubber match with Zack Wheeler dominate performance☆

Game one: Reds (6 12 0) @ Phillies (1 4 0)

W- B. Williamson (1-0) SP N. Lodolo 3.2ip 4h 1er 1bb 7k
L- K. Allard (0-1) 4ip 6h 2er 0bb 4k
HRs- Matt McLain (2)

Game two: Reds (3 9 0) @ Phillies (6 9 0)

W- T. Walker (1-0) 6ip 3h 2er 2bb 3k
L- A. Abbott (0-1) 4ip 5h 4er 3bb 5k
S- J. Alvarado (1)
HRs- Luke Maile (1); Trea Turner (2), Kyle Schwarber (1)

Game three: Reds (2 8 0) @ Phillies (10 14 0)

W- Z. Wheeler (1-1) 6.2ip 4h 1er 0bb 10k
L- H. Greene (1-1) 4.2ip 4h 3er 0bb 5k
HRs- Alec Bohm (1)

~~Injury news~~

● Phillies RF Nick Castellanos out 2-3 weeks. Recalled RF Jordan Luplow

Up next: Reds (3-3) vs Mets (2-4)

Game one: Frankie Montas (0-0) vs José Quintana (0-1)

Game two: Nick Martinez (0-0) vs Sean Manaea (0-1)

Game three: Nick Lodolo (0-0) vs Luis Severino (0-1)

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 04-14-2024 at 02:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »