Home

MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2024, 11:34 AM   #9
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Blue Jays open the season in Tampa with 9-0 thrashing of the Rays behind a strong Kevin Gausman outing. Bichette and Turner went deep.

Only low point lost Kiermaier to a season ending injury. Old man Votto gets the call to DH for a while.

Stock rosters, Stock HOF difficulty, just playing...and we're off!

161 more to go
You, sir, are making me look very bad here! 9-0?! I have 9 runs in the series against the Rays combined after 3 games.
Old 03-15-2024, 12:12 PM   #10
Rookie

TeejMoore's Arena

Well, it is that time of the year again where franchises are born, hopes and high, and everyone is making the case why THEIR team can be the one to be the champions at season end (Well maybe besides A's fans).

Anyways, with that being said, it is time to start my MLB The Show 24 franchise, once again with the Detroit Tigers. This is a Tigers team that finally has some decent hope for success, with some bright young stars finally making their way to or close to the show. Along with playing in what many have labeled the worst division in baseball, who knows if they can make a run this summer and get to the playoffs for the first time since 2014.

Here on my end, I have played one ST game, with Riley Greene tearing it up, and have simmed the rest as I cannot wait to see what this team can do. As far as major headlines/moves going into the season, many of the new young guys will start the year down at Toledo to continue their development. This includes Parker Meadows, Colt Keith, Dillon Dingler, Justyn-Henry Malloy, and Wenceel Perez. As far as some other youngsters, Jace Jung, Max Clark, Jackson Jobe, and Wilmer Flores will also start in the minors this year, but who knows where this season will take us!
Old 03-15-2024, 12:58 PM   #11
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

Hit me if I’m wrong but I don’t see any Legends in Free Agent list now when starting a Franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2024, 12:59 PM   #12
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown
Hit me if I’m wrong but I don’t see any Legends in Free Agent list now when starting a Franchise.
Its in the options screen to have them included or not when you start up.
Old 03-15-2024, 01:01 PM   #13
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

OVR: 6

June 20-23, 2024: AMARILLO (28-51) @ FLAGSTAFF (34-46)
Stadium: AutoZone Park (Capacity: 13,406)

June 20: Honey Hunters 9, Hops 2
June 21: Honey Hunters 3, Hops 1
June 22: Hops 2, Honey Hunters 1
June 23: Hops 6, Honey Hunters 0

Flagstaff, AZ (AP) - Flagstaff managed to split of four game series with the worst team in the IBL, losing the first two, but then rallying to win the final two games to earn a split.

The Honey Hunters blew out the Hops in the opener, 9-2. Luke Brady went 3 for 5 with a home run, three RBIs and two runs scored for the victorious Honey Hunters.

Amarillo jumped on Ryan Pressley early and did not let up. Back-to-back RBI doubles from Jon Cooper and Leif Radford in the second put the Honey Hunters up 2-0. A Daryl Sweet home run in the third made it 3-0. A Morris RBI single and Jon Cooper RBI double made it 5-0 in the fifth as Ryan Pressley's recent woes continued.

The Honey Hunters would end Pressley's night in the sixth with a leadoff home run from Bobby Huff. Kenneth Valdez came on but he gave up a three-run home run to Luke Brady to make it 9-0.

Forrest Owen would get one back with a solo home run in the bottom of the sixth, the first hit of the game for Flagstaff. They would add another run in the seventh on a Roberto Geronimo RBI groundout that scored David Benitez.

Overall, another brutal performance from Flagstaff. Ryan Pressley (6-6) was lit up for six run son ten hits in five plus innings. He struck out eight.

Meanwhile Andres Montoya (6-3) dominated the Hops, going seven innings and allowing two runs on only three hits. He struck out four.

On Friday night, the Honey Hunters rode two first inning home runs to a 3-1 victory over the slumping Hops. Robert Ozone tossed seven strong innings to pick up the win for the last-place Honey Hunters.

Geraldo Rodriguez (1-5) pitched one of his better games for Flagstaff, but gave up solo home runs to Yusniel Valdez and Luke Brady in the first inning, and that doomed him. Rodriguez would pitch eight innings, allowing three runs on five hits. The Honey Hunters added a run in the top of the sixth on a sacrifice fly from Yusniel Valdez.

The Hops would score their lone run in the bottom of the sixth on an Emmitt Hampton sac fly that scored Robbie Westbrook.

The Hops have not scored more than four runs in their last 13 games and are (2-11) in those games. This team has arguably the best pitching staff in the IBL and the worst offense. They are last in batting average, slugging, on-base percentage, run scored, doubles, triples, and walks.

On Saturday evening, the Hops got a great pitching performance from Alex Farmer as they rallied late for a 2-1 victory. Alex Farmer (11-3) was dominant again, throwing seven innings and allowing just one run on five hits. He struck out six and did not issue a walk.

The Honey Hunters would grab a 1-0 lead in the fourth on a Daryl Sweet solo home run, his 12th on the season. But Alex Farmer would shut them down after that.

The Hops would finally get to starter Ryan Walker in the seventh. Roberto Geronimo hit a lead-off home run to tie the game. They Kiko Pressley lined a two-out RBI single that scored Bradley York to give the Hops the lead 2-1.

Oliver Benedict and Vic Miller came on a did not allow any baserunners as Miller picked up his 16th save.

Ryan Walker (1-6) took the loss for the Honey Hunters, allowing two runs on four hits. He struck out five and did not walk a batter.

Kiko Pressley, getting the start at third base, went 3 for 3 with an RBI. The light hitting youngster has been rumored to be on the trade block but he has a ton of potential so that is something to keep an eye on as the calendar turns to July with the Hops playoff hopes fading.

On Sunday afternoon, Juro Yamaguchi brought his A-game, tossing a complete game shutout, as the Hops earned a series split with a 6-0 victory. The Hops hit five home runs in the victory to close out the home stand.

Flagstaff would grab a 1-0 lead in the first on a solo home run from Bradley York, his 10th on the season. A third inning home run from Isaac Nettles (5) made it 2-0.

Forrest Owen would add a two-run home run in the fourth to put the Hops up by four.

Roberto Geronimo (14) and Art Mason 12) would add solo home runs in the fifth and sixth innings.

Juro Yamaguchi (2-7) has struggled in 2024, but he was at his best on Sunday afternoon, going the distance and scattering five hits, while striking out six and walking one. Roger O'Brien (2-7) was hung with the loss, only lasting four plus innings and allowing five runs on seven hits.

The Hops (34-46) will finally have a day off tomorrow before heading to Utah for a quick two game series in St George (42-37).

Trades: The Hots Shots acquired 25-year-old starting pitcher Daniel Herrera (75 OVR, C POT) from the Firebirds in exchange for 30-year-old shortstop Alexis Lerma (79 OVR, C POT).

Around the League: A suddenly red-hot Salt Lake has now won their sixth in a row as they swept San Antonio on Thursday afternoon in a dominating 12-2 win. Julio Cervantes went 5 for 5 with a home run and five RBIs to lead the Chukars to the victory.

Gilbert's shiny new shortstop Carlos Quinones homered twice but it wasn't enough as the Barnstormers dropped a 7-6 decision to Henderson on Friday night. This game featured eight home runs, four by each team, in a wild one at YouFit Field.

Fort Worth pounded out 19 hits and scored 15 runs in a 15-3 walloping of San Diego and their ace Matt Campbell. Felix went 3 for 4 with three doubles and five RBIs to lead the Kings. Matt Campbell (6-6) only lasted two plus innings, allowing seven runs on seven hits for the first-place Seals.

Scottsdale's Sam Conley hit two home runs and drove in six as the Scorpions outslugged Salt River 12-10 on Saturday afternoon. The teams combined for 31 hits and five home runs.

Tucson's Romeo Cruz went 4 for 4 with three doubles and a grand slam driving in seven as the Roadrunners defeated Surprise 12-4 to take two of three in the weekend series.

Phoenix's Gene Clark hit three home runs and drove in five, but it wasn't enough as St George pulled out an 11-10 victory in 13 innings on Sunday afternoon. Chris Taylor hit two more home runs for the Archers and leads the IBL with 26 bombs and is fifth in the Mountain League with 57 RBIs.

Series25_24
Alex Farmer has been on of the few bright spots for the Hops in 2024.
Old 03-15-2024, 01:10 PM   #14
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

Starting a new Franchise with a Roster with Injuries already set is pretty cool.

Players are put mostly on 60-day and a few on 15-day (some with at least 1 month injury)

Only issue I see with this. Let say mid-July you would like to start a new Franchise with Injuries set, unless you saved a virgin copy in April somewhere. Your mid-July will have Injuries as of this date.
Old 03-15-2024, 01:26 PM   #15
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Look forward to reading all the realistic franchises this year.

I will be starting up a Mets one after the first roster update. For now I will work on my master excel file for 30 team control while I wait and read what all you great people have to say.
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2024, 01:36 PM   #16
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

Okay, I just finished the series against the Rays with an insane 4th game.

First 3 games:

- W 1:0
- W 4:1
- W 6:4

In the 4th game I started Yusei Kikuchi and he had the worst day you could have. He ended up pitching only 1.2 innings, pitching 45 times in those, allowed 7 hits and 8 runs. Whatever I did pitching wise with him, they hit it. After 2 innings the score was 8-2 for the Rays.

Then both teams stayed scoreless for 2 innings until Vlad brought home a 3 run homerun in the 5th. Followed by 2 other scoreless innings by both teams, followed by another HR by Vlad, this time for 2 runs.

So we went into the 9th against their closer with 1 run down. Biggio hit a single leading it off, Springer struck out, Vlad singled again. Bo hit a sac fly that brought Biggio home and then the young Davis Schneider hit another HR to bring the leading run home.

The Rays finished the 9th then scoreless again, so we really won the game 9-8. In the past I usually ended up simming the game after an inning from hell like this one, but now I am really glad I stuck with it.

Last edited by Cyrus09; 03-15-2024 at 02:37 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »