Home

MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-04-2024, 09:35 AM   #585
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

2024 Baltimore Orioles

Orioles (9-6) lose series to scrappy Brewers (9-6) team due to 2 blown leads.

GM1 F/11
MIL 4/8/0
BAL 3/5/0

GM2
MIL 6/11/1
BAL 8/10/1

GM3
MIL 5/6/0
BAL 3/6/2

Series HR (Season Total)
MIL - 3 (16)
BAL - 3 (24)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2024, 11:50 AM   #586
Rookie

OVR: 0

Blue Jays sweep Rays in Toronto

Game 1 : TB 7-12 TOR
Game 2 : TB 8-9 TOR
Game 3 : TB 1-5 TOR

As the season is reaching the end of the month of May, Toronto sweep the Rays to increase their lead in the AL East to 7.0 games over the Yankees.

The first two games of the series were wild. On Friday, the Blue Jays took an 10-0 lead after 5 innings, behind a great outing by Alex Manoah only to see Toronto bullpen almost blew the lead when they allowed 7 runs combined.

On Saturday, Yusei Kikuchi left the game after 6 innings, allowing only 2 runs while the Blue Jays were leading 7-2. But the bullpen collapsed in the top of the 8th when the Rays scored 6 runs to take a 8-7 lead. Pete Fairbanks came to close the door but Davis Scheider had other ideas and went deep to tie the game before Vladimir Guerrero Jr single in center field to walk-off in the 10th.

Finally, Daulton Varsho & Vladimir Guerrero Jr, with each a 2-runs HR, led Toronto to the win and the sweep on Sunday.

The Blue Jays (35-11) remain at home for a 3 games series against the Chicago White Sox (16-32)

Last edited by Charvalos; 05-05-2024 at 05:41 AM.
Old 05-04-2024, 10:20 PM   #587
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

After sweeping the White Sox by a combined score of 31-2, I was worried I was already going to start getting bored. Don't want to move up to Legend, so I'm hoping HOF works for me.

Then came the first home series of the year agains the Diamondbacks. What a fun series as my Braves took two of three.

Won the opener 4-3 in 10 innings. In the second game, Austin Riley hit his first homer (and first RBI) of the year in the 7th to break a 3-all tie and lift us to another 4-3 win. In the series finale, the Diamondbacks raced out to a 5-0 lead. Behind a 5-run fifth, we stormed back to take a 6-5 lead. But Arizona countered with a 5-run eighth to take the final game 11-7.

Ozzie Albies is still white hot with a league-leading seven homers and 15 RBIs (although Bryce Harper is right behind him). Ronald Acuna, Matt Olson and Jarred Kelenic have also started off strong. Riley, Marcell Ozuna and Orlando Arcia are off to cold starts.

At 7-2 we have the best record in the NL. The defending champion Rangers have started the season with nine straight wins. They're the last unbeaten team.
Old 05-05-2024, 12:19 AM   #588
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Yeah...this had me nervous throughout the game lol. Thank goodness. He's batting .268 13hr 32rbi. Can't afford to lose him for a long time.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 05-05-2024, 02:01 AM   #589
Pro

Itsma806's Arena

2024 Oakland Athletics 06/21-06/23

Overall Record: 34-46 (5th AL West/15.5 behind Rangers)

Game Results

Game 1
Athletics-2
Twins-0

Game 2
Athletics-6
Twins-0

Game 3
Athletics-1
Twins-0

Athletics get first sweep of 2024 while allowing just one run

The Oakland Athletics swept the (at the time) first place Minnesota Twins three games to none. And currently, manger, Mark Kotsay looks like a genius.

After Ross Striplings early season struggles, Kotsay moved him to the bullpen and replaced him by hard throwing Mason Miller who had been a long reliever.

Miller started six games for Oakland in 2023 but made his first in 2024 in the second game against Minnesota. And, although, he gave up the only run in the series, he had a great 2024 debut as a starting pitcher (6.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 4 SO, 1 BB). His one given up run came via a fifth inning Max Kepler homerun (8) to bring the score to 2-1 in favor of the Athletics.

Shea Langeliers answered back in the bottom half of the inning with his fourth of the year and eventually, Oakland took the game, 6-1.

Oakland closed out the sweep in game three as both teams failed to get much offense going. The lone run came in the seventh inning when Zack Gelof knocked in Esteury Ruiz who had singled earlier in the inning.

The A's will look to keep their momentum going as they head to California to take on the Angels (44-32/4th AL West).
Old 05-05-2024, 09:04 AM   #590
Rookie

overheadthree's Arena

So currently the Reapers are sitting 3 games back in the division and .5 game back in the Wild Card. Luis Robert Jr is having an MVP season so far hitting .300 with 26 HR but he's in his final year on his contract and I just got to the deadline. Trying to figure out if I should move him or keep him and try and go for it what do you guys think?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-05-2024, 09:09 AM   #591
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

They have made some nice improvements to dynamic difficulty this year.

The Cardinals started the 2024 season by splitting a 4 game series vs the Dodgers.

Game 1
Cardinals 1, Dodgers 0 (10 innings)

Game 2
Cardinals, 9, Dodgers 3

Game 3
Cardinals 5, Dodgers 6 (10 innings)

Game 4
Cardinals 6, Dodgers 7

The Cardinals (2-2) head to San Diego for a 3 game series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2024, 09:39 AM   #592
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by overheadthree
So currently the Reapers are sitting 3 games back in the division and .5 game back in the Wild Card. Luis Robert Jr is having an MVP season so far hitting .300 with 26 HR but he's in his final year on his contract and I just got to the deadline. Trying to figure out if I should move him or keep him and try and go for it what do you guys think?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Operation Sports mobile app

Definitely go for it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »