Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=1017758)

Cubfan 03-14-2024 11:57 PM

MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

Tell us about your franchise.

chitown1-23 03-15-2024 01:40 AM

Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise discussion thread

Just messing around until the first roster update. Played as the Twins got shutout at KC 5-0. Idk if it’s there irl I assume it is but the mortal Kombat “FINISH HIM” sound bite got a big smile out of me.

countryboy 03-15-2024 04:36 AM

Cardinals take Spring Training Opener against Mets

The Cardinals kicked off the 2024 Spring Training season with a 5-3 win over the Mets. The Cardinals scored 5 runs in the 2nd inning with RBIs by Dylan Carlson and Paul Goldschmidt. The inning was capped off with a Nolan Gorman 3 run homerun for his first of the Spring.

Sonny Gray would work an inning with a strikeout and the pitching staff seemed solid, until Kenyan Middleton gave up a 3 run homerun to Brandon Nimmo in the 8th to make things interesting. Ryan Helsley would allow a hit in the 9th, but ultimately came away with the save.

The Cardinals will take on the Marlins tomorrow with Kyle Gibson getting the start on the mound.

Cyrus09 03-15-2024 07:13 AM

Just played the first game of the regular season with my Blue Jays against the Rays.

You could feel the rust on both teams hitters, because it ended up as a real defensive battle. 10 hits for both teams combined, 6 on the Toronto side and 4 on the Rays ended up in a 1 run game with Kevin Kiermaier doubling Daulton Varsho home for the Rays win in the 5th inning.

Especially the top of the lineup struggled for Toronto, with Springer being the only one producing a hit out of the first 3. With Vlad and Bichette there this was a suprising struggle. Luckily the Rays had the same problem with the first 3 hitters not producing anything.

Player of the game goes to Kevin Gausman, who got 12 strikeout and 7 innings pitched, which also earned him the win.

Very fun game, even though the hitting wasn't there yet.

WillieB1214 03-15-2024 08:18 AM

Made my CAPs for the international guys this morning, will be firing up a Braves franchise this evening! Looking forward to another year

EDIT: I will say I thought the CAPs looked even better than normal, graphics are much improved for player faces

Stucatz 03-15-2024 11:21 AM

The fact no1 has complained about ridiculous trading logic as of yet is a good sign.
Gives me hope when I fire it up

PsychoBulk 03-15-2024 11:25 AM

Blue Jays open the season in Tampa with 9-0 thrashing of the Rays behind a strong Kevin Gausman outing. Bichette and Turner went deep.

Only low point lost Kiermaier to a season ending injury. Old man Votto gets the call to DH for a while.

Stock rosters, Stock HOF difficulty, just playing...and we're off!

161 more to go :D

jcar0725 03-15-2024 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stucatz (Post 2050893089)
The fact no1 has complained about ridiculous trading logic as of yet is a good sign.
Gives me hope when I fire it up

Hard to say unless someone sims forward a few months. I don't know if anyone here has done that yet?