Home

MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-19-2024, 09:25 AM   #449
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

A disastrous offense and the Blue Jays drop 3 games out of 4 at Kansas City

Dreadful. Ugly. Disastrous. Call it what you want but the Blue Jays played their worst baseball of the season during this 4 games series against Kansas City where they've been shutout in their 3 loses.

They lost both the first and the last game by a score of 1-0 and the second game by a score of 2-0. Their only win came in game 3 of the serie, 3-1.

While the offense has completely vanished, the pitching, however, was good and kept the Blue Jays at striking distance every game.

Still, the Blue Jays (18-8) remain at the top of the AL East with a 3 games lead over the Red Sox and the Orioles.

Up next, Toronto will head back home to play against the Los Angeles Dodgers (18-9) in a 3 games series.
Old 04-19-2024, 03:11 PM   #450
Rookie

overheadthree's Arena

The Reapers finished again in last place with a worst record then last year in the Central with Minnesota winning the division. The Cubs defeated the Orioles to win the World Series. It was another rough season with Luis Robert Jr going down with a torn MCL at the beginning of the season. Definitely had some good growth with young guys and hopefully will be better next year. One positive the Double A team the Barons won their division.

Lineup:

Andrew Benintendi - .230 6 HR 47 RBI

Dominic Fletcher - .272 12 HR 41 RBI

Andrew Vaughn - .235 16 HR 60 RBI

Gavin Sheets - .233 15 HR 62 RBI

Colson Montgomery - .261 11 HR 52 RBI

Korey Lee - .240 7 HR 35 RBI

Nasim Nunez - .252 7 HR 28 RBI

Wes Kath - .221 6 HR 41 RBI

Zac Deloach - .234 4 HR 7 RBI

Bench:

Nick Senzel - .248 9 HR 37 RBI

Joey Bart - .264 2 HR 5 RBI – Acquired from the Giants

Christian Pache - .226 4 HR 20 RBI

Kyle Farmer - .266 14 HR 36 RBI

Rotation:

Garrett Crochet – 4-13 4.82 1.45

Mike Soroka – 6-14 4.03 1.45

Jake Woodford – 8-17 4.64 1.40

Drew Thorpe – 4-9 6.26 1.62

Jairo Iriarte – 3-6 6.75 1.59

Prelander Berroa – 5-8 5.08 1.64

Shane Drohas 3-4 5.89 1.77

Bullpen:

LRP Touki Toussaint – 7-9 4.85 1.62

MRP Devi Garcia 1-5 4.50 1.41

MRP Diego Castillo 1-2 3.13 1.61 – Rule 5 pick

MRP Jorge Acala 0-1 6.10 1.84

SU Steven Wilson – 3-2 3.62 1.26

CL Nate Pearson – 1-6 3.86 1.13 35 SV 8 BS

Trades:

The Reapers has two big trades at the deadline acquiring Joey Bart, Luis Toribo, and Reggie Crawford from the Giants for Joe Barlow Yoan Moncada and James McCann. They also traded Kyle Gibson to the Cubs for Owen Cassie

Top prospects:

Jacob Gonzalez

Grant Taylor

Noah Shultz

Edgar Quero

Samuel Zavala

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-19-2024, 08:28 PM   #451
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm at a bit of a loss here ... i play on hall of fame batting and pitching. And i've been shutting teams down with the red sox staff. And at times i'm absolutely raking, and in general I'm averaging about 10 hits per game.

Trying to challenge myself more, I also started a white sox franchise. The worst team in baseball. ANd so far through the first two series I'm undefeated ... and considering one of those series was against the braves where i dominated them. I'm not sure what to do.

Should I bump up the difficulty to legend? I am finding pitching (using meter) pretty easy to locate and therefore dominate - even with the white sox staff. Every other MLB the show, I've found legend to be ridiculously hard, as in i cannot compete.

how's everyone else going with gameplay difficulty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2024, 11:30 PM   #452
Pro

OVR: 3

So my Draft Only Astros have finished off the 2026 Spring Training, and our roster is set. During the offseason we made some Rule 5 Draft Picks, but other than that our new faces are guys who have established themselves during spring training. Some guys that I didn't really want to move up yet showed great things, so they didn't really give me any choice. Here is our roster:

C - Cole Carrigg - 23 yrs old - 70 ovr - C potential
C - C.J. Stubbs - 29 yrs old - 66 ovr - C potential
1B - Joey Loperfido - 26 yrs old - 68 ovr - B potential
1B - Tyler Locklear - 25 yrs old - 66 ovr - B potential
2B - Pedro Leon - 27 yrs old - 68 ovr - C potential
3B - Jordan Diaz - 25 yrs old - 70 ovr - B potential (Rule 5 Draft Pick)
3B - Zach Dezenzo - 25 yrs old - 66 ovr - B potential
SS - Fernando Reyes - 22 yrs old - 75 ovr - B potential
SS - Michael Helman - 29 yrs old - 71 ovr - C potential
LF - Jacob Melton - 25 yrs old - 73 ovr - B potential
CF - Mason Auer - 25 yrs old - 72 ovr - C potential (Rule 5 Draft Pick)
RF - Roberto Campos - 22 yrs old - 72 ovr - C potential
RF - Cam Fisher - 24 yrs old - 70 ovr - C potential

SP - Eric Lauer - 30 yrs old - 77 ovr - B potential
SP - Spencer Arrighetti - 26 yrs old - 73 ovr - B potential
SP - Simeon WoodsRichardson - 25 yrs old - 72 ovr - C potential (Rule 5 Draft Pick)
SP - Garrett Hill - 30 yrs old - 71 ovr - C potential
SP - Brendan Beck - 27 yrs old - 70 ovr - B potential
SP - Alonzo Tredwell - 23 yrs old - 70 ovr - C potential
RP - Zach Brzycky - 26 yrs old - 66 ovr - C potential
RP - Matt Cronin - 28 ovr - 65 ovr - C potential
RP - Ronan Kopp - 23 yrs old - 64 ovr - C potential
RP - Carson Palmquist - 25 yrs old - 64 ovr - C potential
RP - Blake Burkhalter - 25 yrs old - 62 ovr - C potential
RP - Miguel Ullola - 26 yrs old - 61 ovr - C potential
CP - Nathan Lavender - 26 yrs old - 67 ovr - C potential

I didn't want Fernando Reyes to come up this quickly. He's 22 years old, I wanted him to have another year to really develop, but at 75 overall he's one of our highest rated players and when I decided to give him a shot in the spring he hit .325 and was a consistent force for us. Jacob Melton is a guy I wanted to give him shot now (at 25 years old) and he showed that he is one of the best outfielders we have so we didn't have a choice. We gave 22 year old outfielder Luis Baez a shot as well, but he struggled at the plate, so we went ahead and moved him back down to AAA.

Now we begin our season, and this is the first year (3 years into this franchise) that we will have the #1 pick in the draft, so this is where we start seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully we can make the right picks and these guys start turning us around.
Old 04-19-2024, 11:40 PM   #453
Pro

IndianSummer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTonka
I'm at a bit of a loss here ... i play on hall of fame batting and pitching. And i've been shutting teams down with the red sox staff. And at times i'm absolutely raking, and in general I'm averaging about 10 hits per game.

Trying to challenge myself more, I also started a white sox franchise. The worst team in baseball. ANd so far through the first two series I'm undefeated ... and considering one of those series was against the braves where i dominated them. I'm not sure what to do.

Should I bump up the difficulty to legend? I am finding pitching (using meter) pretty easy to locate and therefore dominate - even with the white sox staff. Every other MLB the show, I've found legend to be ridiculously hard, as in i cannot compete.

I am playing on Legend.
I use classic pitching and timing hitting as they both rely more on player attributes.
I am basically running default sliders except I have the AI contact at 6, power at 6, injury sliders in game at 8 and sim at 6. I also have foul frequency at 0 for both myself and AI.
Old 04-20-2024, 12:18 AM   #454
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianSummer
I am playing on Legend.
I use classic pitching and timing hitting as they both rely more on player attributes.
I am basically running default sliders except I have the AI contact at 6, power at 6, injury sliders in game at 8 and sim at 6. I also have foul frequency at 0 for both myself and AI.
I gave legend a go. i liked it ... bcos i play zonal hitting and meter pitching on competitive, it's my input that overrides the player attributes.

the CPU is really borderline cheesey with batting on legend. they paint the corners and change the sight line so well. and their stuff goes up to randy johnson- like movement.

i'll persist tho. every game i'll have to be uber-focussed which isn't a bad thing.

i might need a better team than the white sox now
Old 04-20-2024, 12:33 AM   #455
Pro

Itsma806's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTonka

I've been on legend for the last two shows' although at times, I struggle with hitting, I still really enjoy it. I dont really feel like the CPU has any 'cheating' advantage I just need to be better when things arent going great. I hope you enjoy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2024, 12:51 AM   #456
Pro

Itsma806's Arena

2024 Oakland Athletics 05/24-05/26

Overall Record:
23-32 (5th AL West/12.5 behind Texas Rangers)

Game Results

Game 1
Astros-4
Athletics-0

Game 2
Astros-9
Athletics-2

Game 3
Athletics-2
Astros-0

A's avoid sweep again with game three victory

Justin Verlander was great for Houston in game one in Oakland. He pitched a full nine innings allowing just thee hits and no runs. The Stros got a pair of RBi's from both Jose Altuve and Jose Abreu as they went on to win, 4-0. They then went on to domiante game two in their 9-2 victory.

Then, the A's saw themselves facing a sweep in the final game of the series for the second in a row. Miguel Andujar was suffering from a stomach bug before the game but told the A's manager, Mark Kotsay that he did not want to be taken out of the lineup.

With other players resting, Andujar was moved up to third in the lineup and his first at bat made Kotsay happy that he listened to him. Miguel took a 3-2 high fast ball 420 feet over the center field wall to give the A's their first lead of the series, 1-0.

Hogan Harris was the Athletics starter and continued his hot start to the year early on. Unfortunately, a 90 mins rain delay forced him (and Houston's starter, Cristian Javier) out of the gamer early. Rich Hill replaced Harris while Lance Mccullers JR replaced Javier. Both peformed well in their long releif rolls as Mccullers pitched 3.1 innings of scoreless ball while Hill did the same but lasted a bit longer with 4.2 innings under his belt.

Brent Rooker hit his 9th homerun of the year off of Kendall Graveman in the seventh inning. The Athletics then went on to win, 2-0 while Lucas Erceg collected his 13th save of the year in a three up three down 9th inning.

The A's now enter the last week of May as they travel to Tampa to face the Rays 33-21 (1st AL East/tied with Toronto).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »