Home

MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-19-2024, 07:41 AM   #97
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

After opening the season tearing the ball up on offense, the Jays are finally handed their first loss in the last game of a three game set in Houston, losing 6-1 on only 5 hits.

Considering id hit 14 HR in the previous 6 games id say im due a cool down!

6-1 though heading into NY for a three game series with the Yanks, just this series left before finally the home opener.

Stock HOF, Stock Rosters...Just Playin!
Old 03-19-2024, 07:57 AM   #98
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Cardinals take series against A's in Oakland

The Cardinals (9-10) took two games of a three game series from the A's in Oakland to begin the week.

In a series the Cardinals needed to win, they got that done with strong offense from Nolan Gorman and Brendan Donovan. Gorman hit 3 homeruns in the series and drove in 9 while Brendan Donovan racked up a whopping 8 hits over the 3 game series.

Pitching was solid, but the Cardinals did drop game 2 of the series as the middle relief fell apart and gave up a 4 run lead.

The Cardinals will return home after a day off Thursday for a 3 game weekend series with the Brewers.

Paul Goldschmidt to 60 Day IL with Knee injury

The Cardinals will be without 1B Paul Goldschmidt for the foreseeable future, as he suffered a knee injury during the series finale in Oakland. Goldschmidt is expected to miss 10-12 weeks with the injury. Jordan Walker was recalled from Memphis to fill the vacant roster spot.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-19-2024, 09:56 AM   #99
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Cardinals swept by Brewers over the weekend

The Cardinals (9-13) were swept by the Brewers over the weekend in Busch Stadium as the Cardinals now trail said Brewers by 5 games in the NL Central, and are sitting in last place.

The Cardinals lost Friday night and Saturday night in heartbreaking fashion as the Brewers would come up with runs in the 8th inning of both games to pull out the victory. On Sunday, the Cardinals were shut out 2-0.

The offensive woes for St.Louis continue with Tommy Edman hitting below .150 in the leadoff spot, Dylan Carlson hitting around .200 in the two hole, Nolan Arenado has one homerun with 6 RBIs and a .198 average in the cleanup spot, and Harrison Bader is hitting around .130 in the 7th spot. With Paul Goldschmidt out until June/July, Alec Burleson is filling in nicely (.324 with 1 HR and 5 RBI) in limited time at the DH spot. Brendan Donovan was swinging a good back, but he's on his 2nd IL stint of the young season with a shoulder injury.

The Cardinals need the bats to pick up the pace as the pitching staff continues to be inconsistent.

Next up is a 3 game homestand with the Diamondbacks to begin the week, before heading to New York this weekend to face the Mets, then Detriot to close out the month of April.

April Schedule:

3 vs ARI
3 @ NYM
3 @ DET

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-19-2024, 11:09 AM   #100
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

OVR: 0

Mets Rebound To Take 2 of 3 From Tigers, End Opening Home Stand at .500

The Mets ended their opening season home stand taking two of three from the Tigers and will head on the road at 3-3.

Things did not start out great in the series as game one was all Tigers as they beat up Sean Manaea early in his Mets debut for 3 runs and that was all they needed as Kenta Maeda was sharp and they took game 1 of the series 3-1 for the Mets third straight loss.

Things did however improve in game two as they got a great pitching performance from Adrian Houser who went 6 strong shutout innings allowing just 5 hits and striking out 8. Lindor and Bader would both go deep and the Mets would even the series with a 5-0 win.

The rubber match would see Kodai Senga remain red hot and extend his scoreless streak to start the season to 13 innings as he went 6 strong 3 hit innings and Lindor would homer two more times and Bader would rob a homerun and the Mets would dominate this game 7-1 to win the series

The Mets are now 3-3 on the season tied with the Braves for second place both behind the 4-3 Marlins

Who's Hot, Who's Not

HOT
Kodai Senga (2-0, 14 IP, 19 K, 0 ER)
Adrian Houser (1-0 0.00 ERA)
Franciso Lindor (.364 avg, 3 HR)
Harrison Bader (4 for last 7, 2 HR, 5 RBI on season)

NOT
Jose Quintana (0-1 10.13 ERA)
Francisco Alvarez (.167 avg 0 HR, 0 RBI)
Pete Alonso (0 HR in 22 AB)
Brett Baty (1 for 16, .062 avg)

UP NEXT
Mets begin a 7-game road trip with 3 in Cincinnati (3-3) and then 4 in Atlanta (3-3)
NHL: New York Rangers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Old 03-19-2024, 11:10 AM   #101
Rookie

DirtBallNation's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieB1214
Yeah, I’ve struggled with Acuna and Olson but can no wrong with Riley. I’m enjoying it before he eventually cools off!
Quick question; As a fellow Brave fan, I haven't played with the Braves much this year yet. Maybe played one game, but didn't pay enough attention. How does Riley's gear look? The past 3 years they equip him with those sunglasses that are 3 sizes too small for his head and it bothers the plss out of me lol

GREEN BAY PACKERS

MILWAUKEE BUCKS

WISCONSIN BADGERS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2024, 11:11 AM   #102
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Cardinals take series against A's in Oakland

The Cardinals (9-10) took two games of a three game series from the A's in Oakland to begin the week.

In a series the Cardinals needed to win, they got that done with strong offense from Nolan Gorman and Brendan Donovan. Gorman hit 3 homeruns in the series and drove in 9 while Brendan Donovan racked up a whopping 8 hits over the 3 game series.

Pitching was solid, but the Cardinals did drop game 2 of the series as the middle relief fell apart and gave up a 4 run lead.

The Cardinals will return home after a day off Thursday for a 3 game weekend series with the Brewers.

Paul Goldschmidt to 60 Day IL with Knee injury

The Cardinals will be without 1B Paul Goldschmidt for the foreseeable future, as he suffered a knee injury during the series finale in Oakland. Goldschmidt is expected to miss 10-12 weeks with the injury. Jordan Walker was recalled from Memphis to fill the vacant roster spot.
OUCH, thats a tough loss to stomach (Goldy)
Old 03-19-2024, 11:19 AM   #103
Rookie

DirtBallNation's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabralk
Looking for some input from anyone that does a full blown fictional franchise. I want to do something more creative and be more engaged than last year. Watching videos and reading posts I think I want to give it a shot.

What was your process as far as picking teams/team names? Did you have an idea or go into the vault and see what hits you?
I've always been interested but never did it; I feel like I don't have the patience to go through and make all the teams and uniforms. I personally always wanted to do it with College teams but again, the time restraint kills me. But if I were to start a full fictional franchise, I'd probably go the route of a "random generator" for cities and then think of a random mascot that somewhat fits that cities name.

I found this website that seems pretty simplistic when generating cities.
https://perchance.org/us-city

I wish you the best of luck on this project and would enjoy hearing more about it once you get it going!

GREEN BAY PACKERS

MILWAUKEE BUCKS

WISCONSIN BADGERS
Old 03-19-2024, 11:29 AM   #104
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabralk
Looking for some input from anyone that does a full blown fictional franchise. I want to do something more creative and be more engaged than last year. Watching videos and reading posts I think I want to give it a shot.

What was your process as far as picking teams/team names? Did you have an idea or go into the vault and see what hits you?
I run a full blown fictional franchise in MLB 22. It takes a lot of work to setup but I am in season three (2024) and loving it. I started with a fictional roster that I found in the vault. Someone simmed to the year 2050 and then used that as the base of the roster.

I created all 30 teams in a fictional western US league. I also created or edited downloaded stadiums for each team except for two teams (San Diego and Fort Worth) that play in MLB parks. The uniforms and logos took the longest to create, maybe a couple of months. I wish we could upload images instead of having to create them from scratch.

Best of luck! I would highly recommend doing it!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »