Home

MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-19-2024, 06:20 PM   #113
Rookie

WillieB1214's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgrd1080
Man I think i might have bit off more than I can chew with Pittsburgh. 4 wins in the 1st 10 games. I can't string together more than 1 or 2 hits an inning and have hit like 3 HR's. Everything stops at the warning track.
Trying not to restart with a better team but really has me thinking I'm terrible at this game lol.
Keep it swinging! Some fun guys there to build up and around, just might take a year or two to get there
Old 03-19-2024, 07:51 PM   #114
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtBallNation
I've always been interested but never did it; I feel like I don't have the patience to go through and make all the teams and uniforms. I personally always wanted to do it with College teams but again, the time restraint kills me. But if I were to start a full fictional franchise, I'd probably go the route of a "random generator" for cities and then think of a random mascot that somewhat fits that cities name.

I found this website that seems pretty simplistic when generating cities.
https://perchance.org/us-city

I wish you the best of luck on this project and would enjoy hearing more about it once you get it going!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjdotcom01
I run a full blown fictional franchise in MLB 22. It takes a lot of work to setup but I am in season three (2024) and loving it. I started with a fictional roster that I found in the vault. Someone simmed to the year 2050 and then used that as the base of the roster.

I created all 30 teams in a fictional western US league. I also created or edited downloaded stadiums for each team except for two teams (San Diego and Fort Worth) that play in MLB parks. The uniforms and logos took the longest to create, maybe a couple of months. I wish we could upload images instead of having to create them from scratch.

Best of luck! I would highly recommend doing it!
Thank you for the input I've never gone full fictional before. I have done custom teams to a point but it was more just looking for logo sets (I suck at making logos). As mentioned being able to upload images would save so much time and mental strain. I think OOTP influenced the decision where trying to blend the customization to actually playing the games.

BigJ is your league posted somewhere just to see some of the ideas you had in your creation. I'll definitely post in some updates as far as where I go with names logos and stadium use. If there is anything I find worth sharing I'll be sure to include usernames for credit
Old 03-19-2024, 07:55 PM   #115
Rookie

WillieB1214's Arena

Braves Hot Streak Ends, Lose Two Out of Three In Houston

April 15-17, 2024

The Atlanta Braves took on the Houston Astors in a three-game set between two of the best organizations over the last decade, and Houston showed why they are in this road trip for the Braves.

Atlanta got off to a hot start, winning game one in a 9-3 rout highlighted by five homers from Austin Riley, Ozzie Albies, Marcell Ozuna, Sean Murphy and Orlando Arcia while Max Fried nearly got through six innings with 5.2 IP with one run allowed. The bullpen gave up a pair of runs, but the offense had distanced itself in this one with a great showing.

The offense kept things rolling in the second matchup, as Albies put up a five hit performance that included another big fly, with Jared Kelenic, Adam Duvall, and Ozuna joining him as the offense totaled eight runs. Albies did commit a crucial error in second inning though, causing what was already a shaky outing from Chris Sale (2.1 IP, 4 ER, 6 R) to spiral out of control. Pierce Johnson would struggle as well with two runs allowed, and Matzek gave up a long ball to Yordan Alvarez in the sixth that would prove to be the final run. Kelenic's homer was of the two-run variety and got the score to 9-8 in the ninth, but Austin Riley would strike out to end the game in a loss.

The bats went completely cold in the final game of the series, as only a Matt Olson homer would put them on the scoreboard. Charlie Morton (5 IP, 3 ER, 4 Ks) battled, but didn't have his best stuff before giving over to the bullpen that largely pitched well.

The Braves now find themselves at 11-8, one game up over the Philadelphia Phillies in the NL East. Things don't get easier, as the Braves play host to the World Series Champion Texas Rangers for the start of a nice nine game home span.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2024, 08:39 PM   #116
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Although I'm 4-1 to start the season i have a ton of guys struggling and hitting under .100.

But i have to remember my first 5 games were against Ohtani, Kershaw, Webb, Snell, Ray.

I have faith my team will start hitting soon.
Old 03-19-2024, 08:44 PM   #117
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabralk
Looking for some input from anyone that does a full blown fictional franchise. I want to do something more creative and be more engaged than last year. Watching videos and reading posts I think I want to give it a shot.

What was your process as far as picking teams/team names? Did you have an idea or go into the vault and see what hits you?
Completely custom/fictional is only way I play ever since they added rebranding. Stadium creator took immersion to a whole new level.

Bacons fictional roster was great for this, but since that’s now gone I simply sim 15 or so years before starting so the player pool is 99% fictional.

In OOTP or any other sports games, I’ve always found fictional and creating my own world much more enjoyable.

As for picking teams … I try to pick semi realistic major league cities … and want them to have audio too so go through the list and try to find some cities and/or nicknames you like. Search for city names or nicknames in the vault and try to find logo sets you like. Putting together decent jerseys isn’t too difficult once you get the hang of how it all works.

Then similarly just scouring the vault or forums for stadiums that match.

I’ve only got 3 teams made so far this year (just got game today), but I’m going with a world league (travel schedules don’t have to be realistic in a video game haha)

American League: teams from western hemisphere … North America, Central America, Caribbean and South America

National League: Teams from Eastern hemisphere… Europe and Asia.

And for a look at a full league .. here’s what I went with last year. More of a North America focus but also including some Other teams from around Western hemisphere. I’ll be re-using/remaking some of these teams for this years league:

AL East

Pittsburgh Ironworkers
New York Knights
Boston Irish
Carolina Reapers
Jacksonville Waves

AL CENTRAL

Chicago HItmen
Michigan Machine
Omaha Owls
Nashville Blue
Green Bay Bandits

AL WEST

Las Vegas Vipers
California Bears
Portland Pioneers
Albuquerque Aliens
San Antonio Scorpions

NL EAST

Toronto Hornets
Montreal Monarchs
Ottawa Otters
Nova Scotia Defenders
Quebec Crusaders

NL CENTRAL

Mexico City Aztecs
Havana Sugar Kings
Santo Domingo Tropics
Venezuela Jaguars
Puerto Rico Sharks

NL WEST

Vancouver Mounties
Calgary Fire
Manitoba Moose
Saskatchewan RedHawks
Yukon North Stars
Old 03-19-2024, 08:46 PM   #118
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

I haven't posted on my Marlins franchise, but I had to share this one.

My 3-5 Marlins start a 3 game series in NY by knocking out Garrett Cole in the 1st inning. It's now 9-0 in the second inning. NY has allowed 7 walks and a grand salami to Arraez.

Crazyyyyyyy18e5948b94f20-screenshotUrl.jpeg18e5947028644-screenshotUrl.jpeg
Old 03-19-2024, 08:58 PM   #119
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieB1214
Rough start to the year, and no Goldy for a long stretch is going to be tough. Seemed early in the season I was having similar issues but was winning a little more before we've come alive a bit for a stretch. Having the Braves also helps lol.

I know you got a long ways before then, any thoughts on who you would potentially move around the deadline if the trajectory continues?

Haven’t really thought about it but guys like Goldy, Gibson, Lynn and Bader would be at the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 03-19-2024, 08:59 PM   #120
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

The 2024 Mets have broke camp and are heading to Queens to open the season vs the Brewers. They started and finished spring training with a pair of big moves, agreeing to a one year deal at the start of camp and then with just a few days left in spring training they came to agreement on a six year extension with Pete Alonso. The opening day roster looks as follows

Lineup
LF Brandon Nimmo
1B Pete Alonso
SS Francisco Lindor
DH JD Martinez
3B Jeff McNeil
C Francisco Lindor
RF Starling Marte
CF Harrison Bader
2B Ronny Mauricio

Bench
DJ Stewart
Omar Narvaez
Joey Wendle
Tyrone Taylor

Rotation
Kodai Senga
Jose Quintana
Luis Severino
Sean Manaea
Tylor Megill

Bullpen
Adrian Houser
Drew Smith
Phil Bickford
Jorge Lopez
Jake Diekman
Brooks Raley
Adam Ottavino
Edwin Diaz

I'm going with a somewhat unconventional lineup, I want to try and split up the three big sluggers Alonso, Martinez, and Alvarez and sandwich some guys between then that can get on base. When a lefty is pitching McNeil will slide back to second and Joey Wendle will get the start at third until I feel Baty or Vientos are ready to be called up. I'll probably be moving guys up and down from Syracuse all year because I've got question marks all over the diamond. I'm going to dedicate almost all of my scouting resources to finding pitching because my farm system has no pitching help on the way at the moment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »