Home

MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-19-2024, 09:20 PM   #121
Rookie

TeejMoore's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

Tigers Take 2/3 from Mets

After dropping the first game of the series to lose their second straight, the Tigers bounced back and controlled both of the last two games to advance to 4-2. They now head back home for their home opener against the Oakland A's who surprisingly only have 2 losses as well up to this point and have started hot this season with super good pitching.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2024, 09:41 PM   #122
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725
I haven't posted on my Marlins franchise, but I had to share this one.

My 3-5 Marlins start a 3 game series in NY by knocking out Garrett Cole in the 1st inning. It's now 9-0 in the second inning. NY has allowed 7 walks and a grand salami to Arraez.

CrazyyyyyyyAttachment 210960Attachment 210961
Mercifully over. Lol. Never won a game like that in my history of baseball gaming. 18e597edbec6-screenshotUrl.jpeg
Old 03-19-2024, 11:07 PM   #123
Rookie

For now, I've really been enjoying my franchise with the Mets so far in '24. I'm still undecided if I will restart once the first roster update comes out in April, but at this point, I am at June 1st and sitting at 29-30.

After a horrible start where I couldn't pitch (blew a bunch of games, SP was atrocious) and started 3-12, I have since been battling back. Lost Nimmo for about a month or so.

Baty had to get sent down due to him hitting .170 with 0 HR and 6 RBIs through the first 2 months. I tried to get him going but haven't been able to, so Vientos is now being given the shot. If he fails, I'll probably turn to Acuna to take over 2B and move McNeil over to 3B

McNeil and Lindor have been beasts for me, and Tyrone Taylor has been a GOD SEND for me, having earned an every day spot for now. Alvarez really struggled the first month, but has been catching fire for me as of late.

I'm currently looking as follows:

Starling Marte - DH - .290/4 HR/17 RBI
Jeff McNeil - 2B - .303/4 HR/35 RBI
Francisco Lindor - SS - .310/15 HR/43 RBI
Pete Alonso - 1B - .249/12 HR/31 RBI
Brandon Nimmo - LF - .361/3 HR/7 RBI
Tyrone Taylor - RF - .281/11 HR/31 RBI
Francisco Alvarez - C - .234/9 HR/18 RBI
Mark Vientos 3B - .265/2 HR/11 RBI
Harrison Bader - CF - .280/5 HR/19 RBI

Bench:
DJ Stewart
Zack Short
Omar Navarez
Joey Wendle

SP:
Quintana
Senga
Severino
Houser
Manaea

BP:
Diaz
Drew Smith
Jorge Lopez
Brooks Raley
Adam Ottavino
Diekman
Tonkin
Bickford

Going to keep this going for now. Having a ton of fun with it. Will see if I can fight the urge to have the opening day rosters post update!
Old 03-20-2024, 12:53 AM   #124
Pro

Itsma806's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgrd1080
Man I think i might have bit off more than I can chew with Pittsburgh. 4 wins in the 1st 10 games. I can't string together more than 1 or 2 hits an inning and have hit like 3 HR's. Everything stops at the warning track.
Trying not to restart with a better team but really has me thinking I'm terrible at this game lol.
stick with it I had Pittsburgh in 23' and won the WS with them in 2024. They are a fun team.
Old 03-20-2024, 01:02 AM   #125
Pro

Itsma806's Arena

2024 Oakland Athletics 04/05-04/07

Overall Record:4-6 (5th AL West 4.0 behind Seattle)

Game Results

Game 1
Athletics-2
Tigers-1

Game 2
Tigers-8
Athletics-2

Game 3
Athlectics-2
Tigers-1

A's win first series of 2024!

Finally, the Oakland Athletics didnt have to wait until the last game of the series to get a win.

The A's won game one against the Tigers (4-2 at the time), 2-1. The A;s took the lead in the first inning as Esteury Ruiz and Brent Rooker's hits combined for the first runs in the game. Tje Tigers answered back in the seventh when Spencer Torkelson knocked in Jake Rodgers who hit a single earlier in the inning.

Ryan Noda eventually got the game winning RBI in the 10th inning as the one their first game of a series for the first time.

The Tigers were dominate in game two, winning, 8-2.

Game three again finished, 2-1 and the winning run again came late, in the 9th inning. In that inning, Jordan Diaz knocked in Tyler Soderstrom who had reached on a walk earlier in the inning. After the Pirates took the lead, Lucas Erceg then came in and got his third save of the season.

The A's will now travel to Texas to face off with the defending world series champs, the Texas Rangers (6-3/2nd AL West),
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2024, 01:17 AM   #126
Rookie

TIGERS TAKE THREE OF FOUR FROM TWINS AT HOME

TWINS 4 TIGERS 3 APRIL 11, 2024

BOX SCORE

The Tigers dropped the opening game to the Twins, 4-3. All the runs were scored via the home run. Spencer Torkelson hit his seventh, a two run shot in the first. Jake Rogers added a solo home run in the 5th. Alex Kirilloff, Carlos Correa, Matt Wallner, and Willi Castro homered for the Twins. Andrew Chafin (0-1) took the loss in relief.

TIGERS 6 TWINS 2 APRIL 12, 2024

BOX SCORE

The Tigers rebounded to take game two 6-2. Riley Greene (2), Colt Keith (2), and Kyle Dutcher (5) homered for the Tigers. Greene and Keith drove in two runs apiece. Jack Flaherty (3-0) went seven innings, allowing two runs on six hits, striking out eight, to earn the win

TIGERS 10 TWINS 1 APRIL 13, 2024

BOX SCORE

The Tigers pounded the Twins in game three, 10-1. Jake Rogers (3) hit a grand slam, and Spencer Torkelson (8) also homered. Matt Manning (3-0) was outstanding on the mound, tossing seven shutout innings, allowing just six hits. He struck out eleven, his second double digit strikeout game of the season.

TIGERS 6 TWINS 2 APRIL 14, 2024

BOX SCORE

The Tigers completed the series win with a 6-2 win in game four. Kyle Dutcher (7) homered twice, and drove in four. Dutcher's first home run came leading off the game, the third time he has done that this season. Casey Mize (2-1) tossed five strong innings, allowing two runs on seven hits, with five strikeouts.

The Tigers remain home, where they will host the Texas Rangers in a four game series, starting Monday night.

2024 TIGER SCHEDULE/RESULTS

2024 MLB STANDINGS

DETROIT TIGER STATS

FOLLOW MY FRANCHISE
Old 03-20-2024, 01:56 AM   #127
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Kyle Higashioka is a cheat code for me. He's hitting .350 with 4 HR (major league lead through 7 games) and 8 RBI in 20 ABS.

Guys who are ice cold

C Luis Campusano - .071, 0 HR, 0 RBI
1B Jake Cronenworth - .182, 0 HR, 1 RBI
LF Tommy Pham - .130, 0 HR, 1 RBI
CF Jackson Merrill - .167, 0 HR, 1 RBI
RF Fernando Tatis JR - .154, 0 HR, 1 RBI

Guys who are on fire

C Kyle Higashioka - .350, 4 HR, 8 RBI
2B Xander Bogaerts - .333 0 HR, 3 RBI
3B Manny Machado - .385 2 HR, 6 RBI
SS Ha-Seong Kim - .270 2 HR, 7 RBI

My pitching has carried me to a 6-1 record and in first place in the NL West.

In injury related news, Shohei Ohtani is out for 2-3 months with a torn caf

NYY Giancarlo Stanton out 1-2 months with a broken hand
Old 03-20-2024, 04:38 AM   #128
Rookie

Alfonsori's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonsori
Dont know if this is the right thread for it, but one new thing thats absolutely massive for me is you can now trade arbitration elligeble players in the offseason! Same with renewable contracts! Cant wait to start my chise when te 1st roster update drops
Did another test, and they are only tradeable if you dont offer them arbitration. So if you offer them arbitration the 1st day of the offseason they become untradeable until you sign them or after the hearing.

For players on renewable contracts this isnt an issue. They will stay tradeable

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »