Home

MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-21-2024, 06:50 AM   #153
Rookie

WillieB1214's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgrd1080
To avoid team fatigue im contemplating running multiple franchises and bouncing around.
Question, The Tampa Bay Rays. I don't mind the stadium but know they operate on a tight budget. With no more Franco are they still on the hook for that? Could I spread that money around to say Arozarena or Junior Camineiro?

What makes realistic sense? Think it will be fun to try and survive with the pitching injuries until they come back. Maybe try and get all 3 Lowes on the same team lol. Grab a few prospects with my top guys who will want too much money to have a constant, ever flowing farm team to look forward to. Idk, bouncing ideas
Depends on what you want to do, I went without injuries and just let it ride. The Braves aren't dealing with anything themselves but in all my franchises I tend to want everybody healthy for my own world to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orioles0615
Is it best to play with budgets on or off?
I have played with both, but I think it is best with them on. I don't think there's an issue with rolling with it off as long as you place restrictions on yourself though if you want to pretend you're an owner for team like the Athletics that is more willing to spend a lot more money than they actually do though.
Old 03-21-2024, 09:25 AM   #154
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchbarry
Yes I love my players stats resetting and reporting incorrectly a bug that was also in the game last year. I also just lost a game in the 9th because I couldn't sub my gassed pitcher out due to some bug where the option to put in game is sometimes not there. Gotta patch that diamond dynasty tho.

Huh, and what does this have to do with your franchise?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-21-2024, 10:34 AM   #155
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

OVR: 6

June 25-26, 2024: FLAGSTAFF (35-47) @ ST GEORGE (43-38)
Stadium: Bank of Utah Park (Capacity: 8,877)

June 25: Hops 6, Archers 5
June 26: Archers 4, Hops 2

St George, UT (AP) - The Hops split a short two-game series to open their road trip in St George against the first-place Archers.

In the opener, the Hops rallied late for a 6-5 victory in the opener of a short two-game series. Ryan Kelly went 2 for 4 with a home run and drove in four to lead the Hops to the victory.

Kelly got things going in the second, hitting a three-run bomb off of Gellman.

But the Archers would get two back in the third on an Angel Montes two-run shot, his eighth on the year. They would tie it up in the fourth on a Fred Roberts solo home run, his seventh. The Archers would take the lead in the sixth on a two-out, two-run double from catcher Sammy Gomez off of reliever Samuel Espinoza.

But the Hops would find a way to scratch back. Art Mason and Roberto Geronimo each lined two-out RBI singles in the eighth to tie the game at 5-5.

In the ninth, Ryan Kelly came through again. This time with an RBI single that scored Bradley York to make it 6-5.

Vic Miller worked a 1-2-3 ninth to earn his 17th save. Pedro Macias (1-1) picked up the win, pitching a scoreless eighth inning. Russell Fluty pitched five innings and was once again very good, allowing four runs on only five hits, while striking out nine and walking one. The young right hander is really starting to gain some confidence on the mound in his increased role.

The Hops are now (20-9) when they score at least four runs in a game.

In Wednesday afternoon's finale, Taylor Austin once again dominated the Hops, this time striking out fourteen and allowing just two runs on two hits in 8.1 innings of work in a 4-2 victory for the Archers.

Austin (6-8) has now struck out 29 in 16.1 innings of work in the last week, both wins by the Archers against Flagstaff.

St George would grab a 2-0 lead in the second off of Ryan Pressley. Catcher Sammy Gomez again came through with a clutch hit, lining an RBI double to give the Archers a lead. Hagar then doubled home Gomez to make it 2-0.

A Robbie Westbrook solo home run in the fourth cut the lead in half. It was his seventh on the year.

But St George immediately responded as Fred Roberts homered to right in the bottom half. The Archers would increase their lead to 4-1 in the sixth on a Harper Reyes RBI double.

Ryan Kelly would hit a solo home run in the top of the ninth off of Taylor Sutin to cut the lead to 4-2 and end Taylor's afternoon. Closer Sam Goodman gave up a single to Roberto Geronimo but got Bradley York to ground out and Robbie Westbrook to strikeout to end the ball game and earn his 21st save in 27 opportunities.

The Hops hit the halfway mark of the 2024 season at (35-47) and will head to Prescott to face the Hot Shots (39-41) and get their first look at ASARCO Park, the Hot Shots new home that opened up this year.

Around the League: Austin's Rick Singleton homered twice and drove in three as the Fire Frogs defeated Amarillo 5-2. Singleton is second in the Mountain League with 25 home runs, leads the league with 68 RBIs and is third in batting average at (.332).

El Paso swept a short two-game series at Chandler in a rematch of the 2023 IBL World Series. The Express won by scores of 7-2 and 10-2. Josh Hawk went 2 for 8 in the series but both of his hits were home runs as he drove in seven runs on the sweep. Hawk is now up to fourth in the Mountain League with 22 home runs and now tied with Rick Singleton for second in the RBI lead with 68.

Surprise lost start shortstop Jaime Hernandez to a broken ankle, suffered in Wednesday afternoon's loss to Goodyear. The DL Central leaders will be without their star for 4-8 weeks. Hernandez was hitting .268 with six home runs and 28 RBIs to go along with 17 stolen bases.

Roswell's Blake Pacinelli homered twice and drove in six as the Aliens defeated Albuquerque 11-6. Pacinelli now has 18 home runs and leads the ML in RBIS with 60.

Rio Rancho's Rollie Flingers (13-2) tossed a complete game five-hit shutout, striking out six, as the Owlz defeated San Antonio 1-0. A Danny Watson RBI double in the sixth was the game's lone run.

Series26_24
Ryan Kelly has injected some life into this Flagstaff offense since arriving from the Chiefs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2024, 10:37 AM   #156
MVP

bigjdotcom01's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabralk
Thank you for the input I've never gone full fictional before. I have done custom teams to a point but it was more just looking for logo sets (I suck at making logos). As mentioned being able to upload images would save so much time and mental strain. I think OOTP influenced the decision where trying to blend the customization to actually playing the games.

BigJ is your league posted somewhere just to see some of the ideas you had in your creation. I'll definitely post in some updates as far as where I go with names logos and stadium use. If there is anything I find worth sharing I'll be sure to include usernames for credit
Check out the link in my signature below for the Intermountain Baseball League. I double post here and in the Baseball Dynasty forum on OS.
Old 03-21-2024, 11:57 AM   #157
Just started!

Just started my Twins 'Chise last night, HOF, boosted CPU timing, contact, power, and hard hits. Had to save and go to bed, but through 4 with 10 punchies with pablo. Homer for Correa, a little wake up call to Ragan's sophomore season! Hopefully we can stay afloat by the time the deadline rolls around, and convince ownership to buy!
Old 03-21-2024, 12:10 PM   #158
Rookie

22 games into the Jays chise and we're currently barely above .500 at 12-10. Among the notable transactions that have happened for Toronto in this franchise save so far:

Signed JD Martinez to a 2 year contract.
Traded P Ricky Tiedemann, INF Santiago Espinal and C Brian Serven to Pittsburgh for P Paul Skenes
Signed Joey Votto to 1 year deal.

Of note regarding the Espinal trade: This was done mainly because of the IRL Espinal trade that happened yesterday. However, the pitching prospect that he was traded for isn't on the Reds' roster in game from what I saw, so I settled on Pittsburgh as a Plan B. Would've preferred not to give up Ricky in all honesty, but it wouldn't go through unless I did that so I had no choice. Next up for the Jays is a 4 game series against the Royals, who sit at 8-14. Hopefully this series will be easier than the one against the Padres in which we lost two out of three. That result put the Padres at an MLB leading 20-4 for the year. Also of note is that Jose Berrios has yet to pick up a win after 5 starts. Three of those starts were losses and the others were no decisions, for an ERA over 6. He'll need to step it up for sure. Votto, however, has been doing well so far with five hits in fifteen ABs and has four RBIs.

Last edited by MarkL1987; 03-21-2024 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-21-2024, 12:16 PM   #159
Rookie

Hi everyone, so here it is every year with ML I want to launch into a franchise but with the number of matches I'm not making much progress, how do you manage that? do you play every match?

Thank's
Old 03-21-2024, 02:01 PM   #160
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Through 20 games im in first place at 12-8 however we have lost 4 out of our last 5 and i CANNOT hit for ****

Kim .219
Bogaerts .214
Tatis .200
Manny .307
Campy .204
Pham .145
Croneneworth .200
Profar .171
Merrill .259
Higashioka .233
Locastro .187
Wade .238