Home

MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2024, 11:30 AM   #73
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 24 Franchise Mode Discussion Thread

Going through the full Yankee lineup is such a headache. Just no breaks while you're pitching. Especially Soto coming up after you battled with Judge, Torres and Verdugo before.

I am in the middle of the second game of the series and I am literally sweating fighting with those guys.
Old 03-18-2024, 12:49 PM   #74
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

New York Mets Franchise- Season 1

Summary- Alright trying to take the advice of many posters and breaking my own rules, NOT doing 30 team control (Going to try and live my own universe), NOT waiting for a roster update (I imported the players missing caps, so Yamamoto and all the other guys are in though Dodgers have him in A ball lol). Going to try and just let it play out and have some fun without being over worked. We will see how it goes. Played the spring before posting to see if I had any hope of doing it this way.

One Side Note- I did turn off auto save so if any crazy trades happen, I will go back to a previous save. Sorry I can try a lot of things but Judge being dealt to the A's is not one of them.

Level- Hall of Fame to start will adjust sliders if I feel I am not losing enough.

Team Summary- We made it through spring training with only minor injuries nothing that carried over into the regular season.

Team Rosters

MLB
Rotation- Senga, Quintana, Manaea, Severino, Houser

Pen- Raley, Lopez, Ottavino, Smith, Fujinami, Diekman, Bickford (Bickford just beat out Adams)

Closer- Diaz

C- Alvarez and Narvaez

IF- Alonso, Veintos, McNeil, Baty, Wendle (Decided to take the experience and let Mauricio get a little more time at AAA), Lindor

OF- Nimmo, Bader, Taylor, Marte, Stewart

TOP PROSPECTS- Many could debut this year
Acuna
Clifford
Houck
Gilbert
Mauricio
Jett Williams
Parada
Morabito
Allan
Marceaux

Korean Series- The two regular season Korean games between Dodgers and Padres were a split series 1-1. Ohtani shut the Padres out in game 1, 7-0 and the Padres game back in game 2 for a 3-2 win and split

Mets Upcoming Schedule

We open the season with a 3 game set at home against the Brewers

Pitching Matchups

1- Kodai Senga vs Freddy Peralta
2 -Jose Quintana vs Brandon Woodruff
3 - Luis Severino vs Jakob Junis
NHL: Philadelphia Flyers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Old 03-18-2024, 02:10 PM   #75
Pro

PhillyPhannnn's Arena

Phillies take 2 of 3 from the Braves
Game 1: Phillies win 6-1
Game 2: Phillies walk it off and win 5-3
Game 3: Braves clobber the Phillies and win 10-3

The Phillies started their season off strong winning their series against their rivals the Atlanta Braves.
Game 1 saw Spencer Strider go up against Zack Wheeler.
Strider could not exercise his demons at Citizens Bank Park as he gave up 3 ER on 9 hits. Wheeler had an excellent showing only giving up 1 ER on 5 hits and struck out 7.
Kyle Schawber and Johan Rojas got off to fast starts as Kyle launched 2 homeruns and Rojas had a decent day at the plate going 3-4 with two doubles.

Game 2 had Aaron Nola facing off against Max Fried in a back and forth game.
Fried was hosing down Phillies hitters striking out 9 on the day while giving up 3 ER.
Nola gave up 2 ER on 5 hits and struck out 7.
Fireworks came in the bottom of the 9th as Edmundo Sosa hit a pitch hit 2 run walkoff homerun as he came in for a struggling Brandon Marsh.
Johan Rojas continued his hot bat in this game as he hit an unlikely wall scraper for a home run.

Game 3 pitched Ranger Suárez and Chris Sale in a one sided game.
A combination of frustrated Braves hitters and Ranger not having his best stuff saw Suárez get pounded for 7 ERs coming on 6 homers and he only lasted 3.2 IP.
Sale on the other hand was dealing going 7 innings and striking out 9 on 2 hits and 1 ER.
Phillies bats were relatively quiet as the only runs were thanks to a Bryson Stott blast and a Alec Bohm base hit.

Injury News
Schwarber strained his shoulder in game 2 and will be out for 1-2 weeks

Standouts and Dropouts
Bryce Harper and JT Realmuto need to get it going as they are a combined 3/22.
Rojas had an excellent series going 5/10 with 2 doubles and a HR
Orion Kerkering has looked great so far striking out 5 in 3 IP with no walks or earned runs

Next Series
The Phillies will hope to continue their winning ways as they host Elly De La Cruz and the Cincinnati Reds in a 3 game set.
Football- Eagles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2024, 03:07 PM   #76
Rookie

TIGERS SPLIT TWO GAME SERIES WITH PIRATES

PIRATES 1 TIGERS 0 APRIL 9, 2024

BOX SCORE

Pittsburgh stopped the Tiger's winning streak at nine, with a 1-0 win on Monday. Pittsburgh's lone run came on a second innning sac fly by Andrew McCutchen. The Tiger offense was held to just 4 hits by Mitch Keller. Keller went eight innings, striking out seven. Casey Mize turned in his second consecutive good outing. He tossed 5 2/3 innings allowing a run on five hits, with two strikeouts.

TIGERS 6 PIRATES 3 APRIL 9, 2024

BOX SCORE

The Tigers salvaged a split in the two game series, with a 6-3 win on Tuesday. Kyle Dutcher (4) led the game off with a home run, his third leadoff home run of the season. Dutcher and Torkelson both drove in two runs apiece. Torkelson now has 21 RBI in the first 11 games.

Tarik Skubal (3-0) tossed six innings of three run ball to pick up the win. He allowed eight hits, two walks, and struck out six. Alex Lange earned his 4th save, with a scoreless ninth.

The Tigers have Wednesday off, before returning home to host the Minnesota Twins for a four game series. The Twins are currently in second place, with a 7-3 record.

2024 TIGER SCHEDULE/RESULTS

2024 MLB STANDINGS

DETROIT TIGER STATS

FOLLOW MY FRANCHISE
Old 03-18-2024, 03:27 PM   #77
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Mets Drop 2 of 3 Against Brewers To Open Season

Things did not go as planned for the Mets at home opening weekend as they welcomed in the Milwaukee Brewers

The first game of the series looked like we might have some history as the Mets Kodai Senga had a no hitter through 7 innings before giving up a hit in the 8th. however, on the other side of things Freddy Peralta has a 2-hit shutout going as well into the 8th. With two outs in the bottom of the 8th Peralta would make his one and only mistake a hanging slider that Brandon Nimmo would drive for a HR and the 1-0 lead. It would get dicey in the 9th as Edwin Diaz in his first save chance in over a year would allow the first two men on before getting out of the jam giving the Mets a 1-0 win. Senga who got the win was brilliant with 8 innings, 1 hit and 11 strikeouts.

The good news kind of ends there for the Mets. Gave two would see the Brewers knocking Quintana around for 8 hits and 2 runs in the first 3 innings. For a moment the Mets magic returned is in the bottom of the 3rd they would take Woodruff deep back-to-back with Mark Vientos and Harrison Bader to tie it at 3. However, Quintana continued to be a mess lasting only 5.1 giving up 12 hits and 6 runs. And Woodruff settled in and would not allow another hit the rest of the game and the Mets would drop game two 6-2. the Brewers had 17 hits in the game, 4 by Yelich, 3 from Contreras and Hoskins, and two from rookie Jackson Chourio and Andruw Monasterio.

The rubber match of the series saw the debut of Luis Severino for the Mets. Severino was strong going 6 innings allowing only 3 hits while striking out 6 and the lone run he allowed was a solo home run to Christian Yelich. The bad news one again was the Mets bats failed to show up and between Brewers starter Jake Junis, Wade Miley, Joel Payamps, and closer Devin Williams they combined for an 8 hit shutout and the Mets dropped their second straight 3-0

New and Notes
Brett Baty trying to show he belongs is off to a rough start going 0 for 7 at the plate ss far with 5 strikeouts.

Around the Horn
Juan Soto in his walk year has a broken ankle for the Yankees and will miss some time.

Only one team opened the season with a sweep and that was the defending champs the Texas Rangers who are 3-0. That also means the Cubs are 0-3

UP NEXT

Up next the 1-2 Mets welcome to New York the 2-1 Tigers

Sean Manaea vs Kenta Maeda
Adrian Houser vs Jack Flaherty
Kodai Senga (1-0 0.00) vs Tarik Skubal (0-0 1.29)
Old 03-18-2024, 03:56 PM   #78
MVP

Have any of you guys noticed the day game scheduling issue being back??? Apparently several teams have mostly just day games like a few years ago? This is a franchise killer imo
Old 03-18-2024, 04:07 PM   #79
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
Have any of you guys noticed the day game scheduling issue being back??? Apparently several teams have mostly just day games like a few years ago? This is a franchise killer imo
Yep, it's back. White Sox, Guardians, Diamondbacks, and Astros are the teams I've found so far. My hype for this game has fallen to near 0 because of it. They never fixed it in 21 so I wouldn't count on it being addressed this time either.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 03-18-2024, 05:28 PM   #80
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strosdood
What is this you speak of ? Please explain

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »