Home

WWE 2K23 Universe Mode

This is a discussion on WWE 2K23 Universe Mode within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-25-2023, 01:51 AM   #41
On the 15 day DL-blister

voodoo_magic's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: WWE 2K23 Universe Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassActFan
This is my first WWE game since ‘13.

Started Universe mode the other night and the hours passed by while I was trying to set it up.

How many matches are you guys running per show and what do your match tables look like? I’m still confused as how to set those up.

Do the power rankings even mean anything? Same with divisions? I’m going to have to turn off automatic rivalries. The game wanted to set up a rivalry with Roman Reigns vs. Mustafa Ali for the title. Big yikes. I guess that’s just the weird CPU decisions at work.

I want tthe start a little storyline with LA Knight working his way up to winning the title and then turning full-on heel while aligning himself up with my IC champion, the Miz. Maybe a little tag team called “The Awesome YEAH!”
Cue the "You still got it" chant for your return to the virtual squared circle.

For number of matches the great thing is you can always go into edit show and change it so it depends if you want to play every match or schedule 9 and sim all except the main event. I'd only be cautious of burning yourself out if you schedule 9 and play all 9 every week.

Match tables, the basics behind it are the ai will use that to book matches on your show so the default setting has mostly one on one and some tag matches. You can go through and add/remove match types, for example one on one steel cage, set the percentage of time you want the ai to use that and how many times per show. Unsure if the ai will mess things up so after I set all my match types I make sure it's 100 %.
For me I set up a more match types like steel cage, no holds barred, ones that are often on tv but left some like last man standing,ladder and tlc for the ppv.

I find the power rankings hardly matter, only add bonus attributes for the top 3, used to be like 10 pts for #1 but now it's just 2. And it will also have a random wrestler ahead of the men's heavyweight champ or the women's champ ranked 10th type of thing.

The divisions work well this year for helping the ai book matches for ppv or as the WWE calls them ple.
It seems to use the #1 contender from the list and wrestlers move up and down as they win/lose on the shows.

I also edited everyone's allies and enemies inside universe. I believe that is supposed to help with the ai booking matches as well.
For your idea of LA Knight and Miz if you have them as allies in their settings even if they're not a tag team yet I believe though not 100% sure that they will interfere and help in each other's matches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2023, 08:04 PM   #42
Just started!

OVR: 0

Do you guys still get cutscenes when booking your own matches that aren't listed as rivalry matches?
Old 03-29-2023, 01:28 AM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbrsbrsb
Do you guys still get cutscenes when booking your own matches that aren't listed as rivalry matches?
Nope. The only time a cut scene will ever happen is a rivalry match. Stinks....im starting to think going back 2k22 might be the best move if universe mode is your jam.
Old 03-29-2023, 04:45 AM   #44
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadonthestix
Nope. The only time a cut scene will ever happen is a rivalry match. Stinks....im starting to think going back 2k22 might be the best move if universe mode is your jam.
That's not true. As long as you have an open slot in your rivalry menu for each show, you can book cutscenes on any regular match.
Old 03-29-2023, 06:15 PM   #45
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard
Found this on Reddit.

PSA: If you turn automatic rivalries off and leave 1 empty rivalry slot you can effectively select cutscenes for any match.

So, a big sticking point pre-release was learning that you can only select rivalry cutscenes for rivalry matches. However, if you have open rivalry slots (max 4), you can edit rivalry scenarios for any match.

Normally, this would result in that match beginning a rivalry, and prevent you from making new ones, but if you turn off automatic rivalries it doesn't fill a slot and you can keep selecting cutscenes for any random match between whoever you feel like. You want people to shake hands at the end of a match without dedicating an entire rivalry to it? Want a fight to break out after a match without making it an entire rivalry? etc. etc.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Just going to put this out again.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2023, 12:44 AM   #46
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

I have started a WWE Universe Report (link is at the bottom). Just finished the first write up. We are six days away from Backlash.

On RAW, we had a fatal four way iron survivor challenge to determine the #1 contender for Roman's WWE Universal Championship, we determined the #1 contender for Bianca Belair's Women's Championship, #1 contenders for the WWE Women's Championships were named, and Austin Theory has started the Theory Invitational.
Old 03-30-2023, 06:23 PM   #47
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

Quick question:

If you don't setup rivalry actions yourself will cutscenes and random things happen during your universe like it has in the past ? I do know that since they took out potential rivalries that there will not be cutscenes unless you turn off automated rivalries and leave one rivalry open

I am curious if anyone is playing with it just letting the CPU manage the universe and just playing matches and letting the rest happen on it's own.

Thanks.
Old 03-30-2023, 10:26 PM   #48
Rookie

This is what I came for. I love seeing what people do for their universe mode and sharing what I do with mine. Used to do this on 2k’s forums and did it on YouTube for a while.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »