Home

WWE 2K23 Universe Mode

This is a discussion on WWE 2K23 Universe Mode within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-18-2023, 10:26 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: WWE 2K23 Universe Mode

It looks like move sets aren’t saving in Universe Mode. I always wind up with the default move sets in my matches.Anyone have a workaround

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-19-2023, 04:11 PM   #18
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

I wish in Universe that you could start with a blank slate instead of shows and matches already there.
Old 03-19-2023, 04:13 PM   #19
Rookie

SportsGamer89's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
I wish in Universe that you could start with a blank slate instead of shows and matches already there.

Agreed. I also wish you can go back and at least see the previous week card…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2023, 06:28 PM   #20
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Alright just finished Week 1. I could post rosters if you want but basically for my draft, everyone on RAW and SMACKDOWN were available however champions remained on their current brand so the belts can stay. The Bloodline had to choose, so they chose RAW and were forced to vacate the WWE and Tag Team Championships. The initial rosters pre draft started as followed:

RAW

Roman Reigns
Jimmy and Jey Uso
Solo Sikoa
Austin Theory
Bianca BeLair

SMACKDOWN

Gunther
Ludwig Kaiser and Giovanni Vinci
Charlotte Flair

Since Smackdown has less roster and less titles, they had the first pick and selected The American Nightmare Cody Rhodes.

Now Backlash is scheduled for Week 2 already so for SD, it was more of a tournament set up show to determine who would face off for the titles at Backlash. My Week 1 results were as followed.

RAW WEEK 1 - MAY WEEK 1

United States Open Challenge - LA Knight defeated Austin Theory to crown a NEW WWE UNTIED STATES CHAMPION
Carmella Defeated Alexa Bliss
Brawling Brutes (Ridge Holland & Butch) Defeated The New Day (Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods)
Shinsuka Nakamura Defeated The Miz
Seth Rollins Defeated John Cena
Becky Lynch Defeated Raquel Rodriguez
The Usos Defeated The Street Profits to retain the RAW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS

NXT WEEK 1

Jinder Mahal defeated Julius Creed setting up a Tag Team Title shot for him and Shanky vs The Creed Brothers
Kayden Carter and Katana Chance defeated Cora Jade and Zoey Stark
Apollo Crews defeated Ilja Dragunov and Cameron Grimes in a Triple Threat Match to determine the #1 contender to face Bron Breakker
Carmelo Hayes defeated Wes Lee to become the NEW NXT NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPION

SMACKDOWN WEEK 1

Cody Rhodes defeated Karrion Kross to advance to the WWE Championship match at Backlash
Imperium defeated The Alpha Academy to advance to the SMACKDOWN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP match at Backlash
Shayna Baszler defeated Asuka
RK BRO defeated The Judgement Day to advance to the SMACKDOWN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP match at Backlash
AJ Styles defeated Kevin Owens to advance to the WWE Championship match at Backlash

The Backlash Card has a lot of shaping up to do, however there are two known matches at this time.

WWE Championship Match: Cody Rhodes vs AJ Styles
SMACKDOWN Tag Team Championship Match: Imperium vs RK-BRO.

Last edited by franch1se; 03-19-2023 at 06:32 PM.
Old 03-20-2023, 10:25 AM   #21
Pro

Runne130's Arena

OVR: 9

My favorite random moment thats happened so far. So I set my universe to just kinda roll with how i liked it roster wise, and then i usually let it play out while im working, or doing house work. When i start a match with rivalry actions I just close my eyes or look away and hit X until the match goes to play so I dont always know whats going to happen. On Raw a rivalry between Gargano and Lashley has been playing out, and post match chair attack from Lashley, and who comes to save Gargano, Tomasso Ciampa. I think the DIY reunion is going to have to happen now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2023, 11:41 AM   #22
Rookie

I dont post often but....

This game is fun, has its moments. Tons of people purchased this game for 100 dollars or more. I have never in my 38 years of life seen a video game be in a worse state than this. This is awful. Personally I am a universe or online person.

Universe is in a state that is so bad that I think they should pay me to play it. I cant imagine for a second that the game testers played universe and never ran into managers not walking out with guys or girls, and random crap going haywire when any kind of rivalry action is activated.

So I figured oh well....I guess I will play online until they fix their 100 dollar video game. Booted within the first 10 seconds of 90% of the games. This is absolutley ridiculous.
Old 03-20-2023, 12:10 PM   #23
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadonthestix
I dont post often but....

This game is fun, has its moments. Tons of people purchased this game for 100 dollars or more. I have never in my 38 years of life seen a video game be in a worse state than this. This is awful. Personally I am a universe or online person.

Universe is in a state that is so bad that I think they should pay me to play it. I cant imagine for a second that the game testers played universe and never ran into managers not walking out with guys or girls, and random crap going haywire when any kind of rivalry action is activated.

So I figured oh well....I guess I will play online until they fix their 100 dollar video game. Booted within the first 10 seconds of 90% of the games. This is absolutley ridiculous.
1) If you want a cutscene, managers will not be present. Not every match in a rivalry needs a cutscene anyway. Though I will admit I manually book my matches. If you want the CPU to auto book, it is going to roll a cutscene every match of every rivalry (from what I have scene) unless it's a PPV match.

2) You could always manually edit the matches to include managers if you want.
Old 03-20-2023, 12:21 PM   #24
Rookie

Completely new to WWE 2k games, is there a way to do a legit #1 contenders match in universe mode?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »