Home

WWE 2K23 Universe Mode

This is a discussion on WWE 2K23 Universe Mode within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-20-2023, 12:30 PM   #25
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WWE 2K23 Universe Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by didi1
Completely new to WWE 2k games, is there a way to do a legit #1 contenders match in universe mode?
You can manually book a "number one contender's match" and then put that person in a rivalry with the champion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2023, 01:54 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
1) If you want a cutscene, managers will not be present. Not every match in a rivalry needs a cutscene anyway. Though I will admit I manually book my matches. If you want the CPU to auto book, it is going to roll a cutscene every match of every rivalry (from what I have scene) unless it's a PPV match.

2) You could always manually edit the matches to include managers if you want.
No kidding. This is all quite obvious. It’s also quite unacceptable.
Old 03-20-2023, 02:25 PM   #27
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadonthestix
I was just giving you suggestions on how to make the mode more enjoyable for you. No need to be condescending.
Old 03-20-2023, 03:21 PM   #28
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

This new rivalry system has me very excited to start manually booking my own feuds. I have also realized that free mode is the way to go if you want to have two possible scenarios being able to happen in matches.

I messed around the first two weeks, figuring the system out so now I am past Wrestlemania Backlash. Here are my champions coming out of that PLE.

Undisputed WWE Universal Champion - Roman Reigns
RAW Women's Champion - Bayley
Smackdown! Women's Champion - Charlotte
Intercontinental Champion - Gunther
United States Champion - Austin Theory
Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions - Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn
WWE Women's Tag Team Champions - Becky Lynch and Lita

NXT Champion - Bron Breakker
NXT Women's Champion - Roxanne Perez
NXT North American Champion - Wes Lee
NXT Tag Team Champions - Creed Brothers
NXT Women's Tag Team Champions - Fallon Henley and Kiana James

Heading into Hell in a Cell and NXT In Your House, I think I am going to keep Roman Reigns off of "television" until Summerslam, making the WWE Universal Champion appearances (right now) reserved for major PPVs and storylines. It will make his appearances more important, while also boosting the midcard scene. So Roman will be a rarity from here until Summerslam, unless something arises.

-Becky Lynch and Lita will continue their feud with Dakota Kai and Iyo Sky.

-Austin Theory is going to start, at least, a two month program with Johnny Gargano.

-Bayley is avoiding a rematch with Bianca Belair for the time being and will be starting a feud with Asuka.

-The Usos will continue their feud with Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens, feeling that they have to get their titles back before Roman returns.

-Gunther will begin a feud with Ricochet.

-Karrion Kross will begin a feud with Drew McIntyre.

Meanwhile in NXT:

-Roxanne Perez will begin a feud with Zoey Stark.

-Fallon Henley and Kiana James are in the middle of a feud with Isla Dawn and Alba Fyre.

-Wes Lee is in the middle of a feud with Commander Azeez.

Last edited by PeoplesChampGB; 03-20-2023 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-20-2023, 03:37 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Well hope you had fun posting, you won't last very long with that attitude
Old 03-20-2023, 06:21 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
I dont post often but....

This game is fun, has its moments. Tons of people purchased this game for 100 dollars or more. I have never in my 38 years of life seen a video game be in a worse state than this. This is awful. Personally I am a universe or online person.

Universe is in a state that is so bad that I think they should pay me to play it. I cant imagine for a second that the game testers played universe and never ran into managers not walking out with guys or girls, and random crap going haywire when any kind of rivalry action is activated.

So I figured oh well....I guess I will play online until they fix their 100 dollar video game. Booted within the first 10 seconds of 90% of the games. This is absolutley ridiculous.
You must have not played many games then. 😂
Old 03-20-2023, 07:32 PM   #31
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Raw after WrestleMania | First Show

Might make a thread this year? Not sure, but here is my first show for Universe Mode!

Segment
Cody Rhodes opens show, emotional promo, vacates Universal Championship
Triple H comes out, announces draft next week, Universal Championship is getting a makeover, and will be on the opposite brand Cody is on
Cody announces he doesn’t carry around logos on his shoulder…jokes about only wearing them on his neck… then gives Triple H the WWE Championship, and pulls out the new WWE Championship
Brock Lesnar comes out and challenges Cody Rhodes for the WWE Championship to Main Event the night!
23:09
Commercial

Backstage
We see MVP speaking with Cedric Alexander and Shelton Benjamin
0:45

Match
Bobby Lashley vs. Bray Wyatt
Brutal match. Hurt Business comes out and they destroy Wyatt (write-off for DLC)
12:37
Commercial

Backstage
Triple H announces Adam Pearce will be the General Manager for Monday Night Raw, and Pat McAfee will be the General Manager for Smackdown. Shawn Michaels will remain the General Manager of NXT. NXT superstars will be in the draft, but NXT is to remain a development brand. NXT superstars can be signed by Raw or Smackdown at any time throughout the year, and be selected in the draft.
8:13
Commercial

Match
Street Profits vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn
Very solid back and forth between these two teams. The new Tag Team Champions rally back and finish it off with a Helluva Kick into a Pop-Up Powerbomb combo onto Angelo Dawkins.
14:52

Backstage
Pat McAfee and Adam Pearce are discussing. They agree this next match will be for whoever gets the first pick in the draft. Pat will select a superstar and Pearce will select one superstar. Winner gets first selection.
3:55

Match
Logan Paul (McAfee) vs. Chad Gable (Pearce)
Solid, solid match. Very good amateur wrestling on display by both men. Gable locked in the ankle lock, and worked on the ankle of Paul throughout the match. Paul was able to land some solid offense, such as the Prime-Time Lariat (Buckshot Lariat) for the win.
13:32
Commercial

Backstage
Chad Gable is huffing and puffing backstage. Otis comes up and lets Gable know he is heading down to NXT to work on becoming what he really is, a lethal machine. This makes Gable go into a frenzy! He falls to the ground…and sees boots? It is Kurt Angle! Kurt Angle says he has been watching Gable for a very long time, and it is time for him to manage Gable into superstardom. Gable agrees!
6:19

Match
LA Knight vs. Seth Rollins
Rollins cuts a promo right before the bell. He says he defeated Logan Paul at Mania, and if Paul can win tonight, this will be even easier for Seth! Knight spits in Seth’s face and it is on! Good match between the two, but Seth being arrogant costs him, as LA Knight cradles Seth for the 1-2-3! YEAH!
9:22
Commercial

In-Ring
Judgement Day cut a promo. Dominik calls Damian and Balor weak. Finn needed to pull out the Demon to defeat Edge, and Damian needs Bad Bunny to be popular. Dom Dom is on his own…and is bringing the NEW Smackdown Women’s Champion, Rhea Ripley with him!

Match
Dominik Mysterio w/Rhea Ripley vs. Damian Priest w/Finn Balor
Solid paring as these two worked well with each other. Dominik worked a good match, and played possum on Priest. Priest went in for the cover, but with a timely referee distraction by Ripley, Dominik plants Priest with Brass Knucks! Dominik heads up for the Frog Splash! 1-2-3.
Dominik & Rhea Ripley celebrate into the crowd. Damian Priest and Finn Balor are in the ring, Priest brushes past Balor and leaves up the ramp…Balor is alone in the ring, but here comes the returning AJ Styles, and The OC! AJ says they are all former members, and he and Finn were leaders of a very exclusive Club. How about they make it again here in the WWE? Balor says he is done with groups. As Balor is leaving up the ramp, he is ambushed from behind! It is…IT IS JAY WHITE!? Jay White is in the WWE! AJ Styles and The OC look shocked!
14:17
Commercial

Backstage
Raw Women’s Champion, Bianca Belair, cuts a promo saying the women’s division needs to step up before she remains champion for the next 10 years straight! Becky Lynch challenges her to a match, right now!
3:44

Match
Bianca Belair vs. Becky Lynch w/Trish Stratus & Lita
Becky Lynch and Lita are still the Women’s Tag Team Champions. The trio had a victory over Damage Control at Mania. Good pacing between these two women, but late in the match Trish takes out Lita! This distracts Becky and leads to the KOD! Bianca leaves up the ramp celebrating, and Trish comes into the ring and delivers a Chick Kick onto Lynch!
17:03
Commercial

Match
Cody Rhodes vs. Brock Lesnar
Brock came in fast and powerful launching Cody all over the ring. Cody hitting a Cody Cutter really saved him. Brock would lock in the Kimura multiple times, but every time Cody would power up Brock and break out. Cody is looking drained, Brock hits an F-5! 1-2-NO! Brock takes Cody to Suplex City six more times, we are at 16 German Suplexes. Cody counters out of the F-5 and hits a Cross Rhodes! 1-2-NO! Disaster Kick…another Disaster Kick! Cross Rhodes number two! 1-2-3!
Cody Rhodes is having a fantastic celebration to close us off the air! WAIT! Austin Theory just blasted Cody Rhodes with the United States Championship!? Theory is yelling he is the A Champion around here!
21:17

Top 5 Moments!
Jay White Debuts in WWE
Cody Rhodes relinquishes Universal Championship
Trish Stratus turns on Becky Lynch & Lita
Draft Returns Next Week
Kurt Angle is the Manager of Chad Gable

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2023, 11:27 PM   #32
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

]

MATCH CARD

Asuka vs. Bayley (c) - Raw Women's Championship

History
Spoiler

Drew McIntyre vs. Karrion Kross

History
Spoiler

Ronda Rousey vs. Liv Morgan for the #1 Contendership for the Smackdown Women's Championship

Ricochet vs. Gunther (c) for the Intercontinental Championship - Hell in a Cell

History
Spoiler

Iyo Sky and Dakota Kai vs. Becky Lynch and Lita? (c) for the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship

History
Spoiler

Johnny Gargano vs. Austin Theory (c) for the United States Championship

History
Spoiler

Main Event: The Usos vs. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn for the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championships - Hell in a Cell

History
Spoiler

RESULTS

Preshow: Rey Mysterio def. Big E via pinfall.

-Asuka def. Bayley via submission to win the Raw Women's Championship.

-Drew McIntyre def. Karrion Kross via pinfall.

-Ronda Rousey def. Liv Morgan via submission to become #1 Contender for the Smackdown Women's Championship.

-Gunther def. Ricochet via pinfall inside Hell in a Cell to retain the Intercontinental Championship.

-Becky Lynch def. Iyo Sky and Dakota Kai via submission in a handicap match to retain the WWE Women's Tag Team Championships.

-Johnny Gargano def. Austin Theory via pinfall to win the United States Championship.

-Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn def. The Usos via pinfall inside Hell in a Cell to retain the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championships.

Last edited by PeoplesChampGB; 03-22-2023 at 07:06 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »