Home

WWE 2K23 Universe Mode

This is a discussion on WWE 2K23 Universe Mode within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-18-2023, 06:43 PM   #65
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WWE 2K23 Universe Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
Is anybody having problems with managers coming out in Universe mode? Before I start the match the manager shows on the person/team that he's supposed to but when I start the match and it's loading the manager shows on the opponents side and doesn't come out at all.
I'm not sure if the big patch will fix it, but currently the only way to have managers come out is to:

1) Make sure the match doesn't have a rivalry action.

AND

2) Make sure the wrestler and manager is part of a tag team or stable.

EDIT: Managers have been fixed. Been putting in some tests after the latest update in the patch thread.

Last edited by PeoplesChampGB; 04-18-2023 at 07:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2023, 11:30 PM   #66
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

hey guys im new to the wwe 2k franchise. i havent played a wrestling game since smackdown vs raw back in the day. im usually a franchise guy when it comes to sports games and when i saw this game had a fully customizable and controllable universe mode, i was intrigued. but it seems like a bit of a daunting task for a newbie.

so, do you guys have any general tips or tricks to make it easier for a newb to set up the universe mode? i dont even know what settings or options the mode has, so any advice or wisdom you guys could share would be great.

the main reason im asking is because the mode seems to have a lot of bugs if you do the wrong things.

thanks in advance !
Old 04-19-2023, 04:11 AM   #67
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

The Smackdown Card has been posted.

The go home show to Backlash saw a lot of surprising developments.

-Who walked out WWE Universal Champion between Roman and The Miz?

-Who will fight The Usos for Backlash?

-Gunther's next challenger is revealed.

-Mysterio wants to make an impact on his new brand.

..........and MUCH MORE!
Old 04-20-2023, 01:51 AM   #68
Pro

Old 04-22-2023, 08:48 AM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
Quick question:

If you don't setup rivalry actions yourself will cutscenes and random things happen during your universe like it has in the past ? I do know that since they took out potential rivalries that there will not be cutscenes unless you turn off automated rivalries and leave one rivalry open

I am curious if anyone is playing with it just letting the CPU manage the universe and just playing matches and letting the rest happen on it's own.

Thanks.
I've only been playing a couple of days, run 4 weeks and one PLE.

I booked the entire cards top to bottom (was running a round Robin tournament which I kept track offline) and I did not have one run in, cut scene or anything dynamic happen. It was just the matches and that was it. The only time something out of the ordinary would happen is when managers were assigned, but they are usually just low level distractions.

As an Experiment I ran a card in Play Now (just manually made the matches individually one after another) and I had a entrance pre match attack and a mid match run in.

It seems like they have completely removed any randomness in Universe happening if you decide to take the reigns yourself. The rivalry actions (the fun stuff) will only happen if you book them yourself or allow the CPU do it.

The CPU is wonky so it can't be trusted and I don't want to have to decide when something interesting happens. It was fun when it was dynamic and could just happen.

Great step forward for those who want absolute control to craft it all, but very poor for those who want to book sensible matches and watch interesting scenarios play out. Bizarre change.

I think to get the most out of it I'll have to embrace the new freedom but I am not sure...I don't see the point in booking an exact outcome and watching it just play out. Unless of course you're making YouTube content for an audience.

I'd appreciate an option where I can select any match on the card and ask the AI to assign Rivalry Actions (perhaps based on their ranking, personality and traits). I'd rather this was automatic mind you.

Last edited by OTTAPPS; 04-22-2023 at 09:11 AM.
Old 04-24-2023, 04:26 PM   #70
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTTAPPS
I've only been playing a couple of days, run 4 weeks and one PLE.

I booked the entire cards top to bottom (was running a round Robin tournament which I kept track offline) and I did not have one run in, cut scene or anything dynamic happen. It was just the matches and that was it. The only time something out of the ordinary would happen is when managers were assigned, but they are usually just low level distractions.

As an Experiment I ran a card in Play Now (just manually made the matches individually one after another) and I had a entrance pre match attack and a mid match run in.

It seems like they have completely removed any randomness in Universe happening if you decide to take the reigns yourself. The rivalry actions (the fun stuff) will only happen if you book them yourself or allow the CPU do it.

The CPU is wonky so it can't be trusted and I don't want to have to decide when something interesting happens. It was fun when it was dynamic and could just happen.

Great step forward for those who want absolute control to craft it all, but very poor for those who want to book sensible matches and watch interesting scenarios play out. Bizarre change.

I think to get the most out of it I'll have to embrace the new freedom but I am not sure...I don't see the point in booking an exact outcome and watching it just play out. Unless of course you're making YouTube content for an audience.

I'd appreciate an option where I can select any match on the card and ask the AI to assign Rivalry Actions (perhaps based on their ranking, personality and traits). I'd rather this was automatic mind you.
cant you spectate matches without choosing who will win? or sim matches without choosing who will win?
Old 04-25-2023, 03:43 PM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoplesChampGB
I'm not sure if the big patch will fix it, but currently the only way to have managers come out is to:

1) Make sure the match doesn't have a rivalry action.

AND

2) Make sure the wrestler and manager is part of a tag team or stable.

EDIT: Managers have been fixed. Been putting in some tests after the latest update in the patch thread.
I still can't get Scarlett to come out with Karrion Kross. If I edit his match, he doesn't even have the option to Add Manager, even with her listed as his manager in his bio.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2023, 12:38 PM   #72
Rookie

I’m wondering how I start a Universe thread in the dynasty forum. It’s not allowing me to make a new thread. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »