Home

2k12 Xbox360 Comprehensive Update (Hyperballer+DC)

This is a discussion on 2k12 Xbox360 Comprehensive Update (Hyperballer+DC) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
View Poll Results: What file and release date would you prefer?
Release today w/ minor accessories 17 24.64%
Release this weekend w/ 100% accurate accessories 52 75.36%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2011, 03:37 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: 2k12 Xbox360 Comprehensive Update (Hyperballer+DC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCEVO
miami vs boston

first game was ok. i like the gameplay, i thought it was smooth and animations wasnt feeling heavy and funky all at once. i think i have issue with the sliders cause FG% was high for both so i would suggest maybe a little tweaks a couple of notches but other than u nail it IMO.

i do have one issue as far as ratings and thats Mike miller 3pt rating. i just like to know how did u come about him having a 95 rating if your formula is based on last year cause mike was pretty much broke compare to his previous season and also he higher than ray allen who still maintained his usual 40% 3pt percentage

also what game speed would u recommend for your roster and sliders?
They feel of the game is what i was mainly going for. Im glad you liked it.

Some games will be high, while some games will be low for FG%. I just played Atlanta vs Minnesota and both teams shot 45%. If it continues to be high, then i'll make the adjustment.

For Mike Miller, at the time of the release, me and DC felt that we should use his stats from 2009-10 because last year he was mostly injured. Same with Haslem. We felt that they would play more like themselves because there is more data.

These are my settings;
Pro difficulty
52 game speed
100 defensive assist
Real shot %
Clutch Factor off

Try those settings and let me know how the fg%s go. Thanks for the feedback
Old 10-31-2011, 04:03 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
They feel of the game is what i was mainly going for. Im glad you liked it.

Some games will be high, while some games will be low for FG%. I just played Atlanta vs Minnesota and both teams shot 45%. If it continues to be high, then i'll make the adjustment.

For Mike Miller, at the time of the release, me and DC felt that we should use his stats from 2009-10 because last year he was mostly injured. Same with Haslem. We felt that they would play more like themselves because there is more data.

These are my settings;
Pro difficulty
52 game speed
100 defensive assist
Real shot %
Clutch Factor off

Try those settings and let me know how the fg%s go. Thanks for the feedback
ok i see. oh yeah i agree with haslem you should use 2010 ratings but i felt mike played enough games to warrant a rating change based off last year, also mike miller was playing with bad hands so that should taken in account i believe but its my opinion but like i said that was my only issue when i glance at the edits and was just curious

i will try out your settings next time cause me and the CPU was in the 55% range on all star difficulty with 50 game speed but i did have Shot timing on .
Old 10-31-2011, 11:09 AM   #35
MVP

I'll probably switch Mike Miller to last seasons's stats then.

But yea, try those settings. With shot timing, anyone could shoot a high percentage if they are good enough.

My question to you is how did the CPU play? For example, did they just stand around and wait for the shot clock to wind down or did they actually try to attack you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2011, 11:39 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
you'll see someone like Jordan with a higher than normal Post Def rating because of what was said above. Especially the '98 version of him because him rarely got called for fouls. I wanted to mimic this.
But with high Post Def will not be double team in the post???
How does it work this year???
It's all related to the strenght rating???

Last year in 2k11,the double team was automatically decided if there was a different of at least 45 points between the OFF Post(of the offensive player) and DEF post rating(of the defender).
Example:
I gave 90 in off post to Paul Pierce and 40 or 45 to def post to Jason Kidd.
Every time PP was guarded to Kidd,Boston didn't call a play but Pierce immediatly went to the low post.
And if Paul received the ball or backed down Jason near the paint(but ONLY near the paint) here came the double team.
And this is what happens in real life(the duo PP/Kidd was just a test,but think at player like Derrick Mckey or Steve Smith that come to my mind right now...).

Last year the post ratings were very important for the flow of the game,so how does it work this year????
Old 10-31-2011, 12:09 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2
@hyperballer. Yeah the cpu mainly james and wade was being aggressive and was not taking a vast amount of last second shot. Its weird cause i saw your slider edits with the tendencies and the mid and attack ones i was like for real? But during gameplay they was attacking with all types of moves including attacking the basket so whatever u discovered kudos.

Spacing was a huge difference in what i noticed during gameplay but i felt that rubberband feeling when it came to help defense but i saw u increased the slider to 70 and thats probably.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:22 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
But with high Post Def will not be double team in the post???
How does it work this year???
It's all related to the strenght rating???

Last year in 2k11,the double team was automatically decided if there was a different of at least 45 points between the OFF Post(of the offensive player) and DEF post rating(of the defender).
Example:
I gave 90 in off post to Paul Pierce and 40 or 45 to def post to Jason Kidd.
Every time PP was guarded to Kidd,Boston didn't call a play but Pierce immediatly went to the low post.
And if Paul received the ball or backed down Jason near the paint(but ONLY near the paint) here came the double team.
And this is what happens in real life(the duo PP/Kidd was just a test,but think at player like Derrick Mckey or Steve Smith that come to my mind right now...).

Last year the post ratings were very important for the flow of the game,so how does it work this year????
There is not a "post offense" rating this year. So it seems to be based off of strength vs strength this year. Post def might play a factor, but so far its difficult to determine what causes the double teams
Old 10-31-2011, 12:32 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCEVO
@hyperballer. Yeah the cpu mainly james and wade was being aggressive and was not taking a vast amount of last second shot. Its weird cause i saw your slider edits with the tendencies and the mid and attack ones i was like for real? But during gameplay they was attacking with all types of moves including attacking the basket so whatever u discovered kudos.

Spacing was a huge difference in what i noticed during gameplay but i felt that rubberband feeling when it came to help defense but i saw u increased the slider to 70 and thats probably.
Cool. Yea, my sliders are unorthodox, lol. I really have to think outside the box. Its all about balance.

In regards to the help def slider, that was a last second change because I wanted to see what it does. Describe the "rubberband feeling".
Old 10-31-2011, 02:15 PM   #40
Rookie

VINCEL's Arena

OVR: 1

You really changed the gameplay in the right way, good job !
I ve tried your settings, they are a bit easy.
What do you suggest ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »