Home

2k12 Xbox360 Comprehensive Update (Hyperballer+DC)

This is a discussion on 2k12 Xbox360 Comprehensive Update (Hyperballer+DC) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
View Poll Results: What file and release date would you prefer?
Release today w/ minor accessories 17 24.64%
Release this weekend w/ 100% accurate accessories 52 75.36%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-28-2011, 12:12 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
2k12 Xbox360 Comprehensive Update (Hyperballer+DC)

***July 15, 2012****

Final Roster File Uploaded to 2kshare!
Gamertag: DCALLAMERICAN (Roster and Draft Class)
Offline links:
-Roster: http://www.sendspace.com/file/hvc61a
-Class of 2012: http://www.sendspace.com/file/xqpjr4

For those of you who do not want to wait for the Association file, a 2012 Draft class compatible with our rating system is on 2kshare too!

***6/29/12 Update***

Here is a new release. The ASSOCIATION file is coming along at a steady pace. All of this is harder than it seems, so I appreciate the patience.

Things to look for:

Quickplay File: http://www.sendspace.com/file/b63fss
-Updated BK Nets. Used real Nets logo. Court color is now all black
-Minor adjustments to ratings and tendencies
-New slider set: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mlqaVd6M2xrRHc

MyPlayer File: http://www.sendspace.com/file/opq2qt
-All quickplay file edits from above
-Should not freeze
-Added player portraits

*Note: All files above were tested on PC, then converted to xbox360. These all work for their PC counterparts.

***Update 6/17/12***
Note that this is not the final release.

New Changes:
-Universally lowered Vertical ratings for all players 6'3" and under to limit the high amount of rebounds these players would get.
-Updated My Player rating system. See this thread for more details: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...gend-mode.html
-Small changes to Coach Profiles. Less zone and more double teams.
-Added '95 Pacers, '07 Spurs, and '08 Celtics. These will be the final bonus teams added.
-Hex edited some teams' accessory colors thanks to the suggestions from this thread.
-Fixed Rookie Challenge crowd and arena.

Xbox 360: Gamertag is DCALLAMERICAN
Offline Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/bw7d3v

***Update June 7th, 2012***

Fixed MyPlayer name glitch

We performed a slight overhaul.

On ball defense is too overpowering in 2K12 so we thought of a way to make great defenders stand out.

So everyone will have a 25 on ball defensive rating from the jump. But don't worry because the quickness rating also plays into how well someone can play on ball. So for instance, Mo Williams, who is a terrible defender, has a 25 on ball defensive rating. Reggie Evans has a 25 on ball defensive rating, but since Mo has quickness advantage over Reggie of course he will be a better on ball defender.

New on ball scale
25: Poor-Average
55 - Solid
75 - Elite

I know it looks funky but it comes out when the CPU is looking to attack. We noticed that the CPU was hesitant to attack defenders because everyone played such great defense. This is no longer an issue.

Something else came out of this, new overall ratings. Currently there are only 5 players rated 80+. Those players are
LeBron - 89
Wade - 81
CP3 - 81
KD - 80
Kobe - 80

These players are the best all around players in the game so that is why they are able to come out so high.

Xbox 360: Gamertag is DCALLAMERICAN
Offline Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/i9dpkh
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This project is a continuation of the 2K11 project that I conducted with DC. (Originally based on the tremendous work from Chia's Dribble Edits).
Like many other Community Roster files, the goal of this project is to produce pure basketball with little to no fluke situations occurring.
We all know the 2K neglects tendencies and for a large part neglects minute details for non-superstar players, so editing rosters is a must for pure simulation gameplay.

I have a very complex system that I work with to produce ratings, tendencies, and coaching profiles.

Currently I am using the 2010-2011 season stats as a preliminary base for my 2K12 roster. So all ratings will be based on last season.

Things that stand out include (but aren't limited to):
Veterans skills will be highlighted. This includes higher awareness ratings for the more tenured players. And naturally, younger players won't have the same luxury.
Dunk Edits that DC helped me out with.
Complete overhaul of Abilities for all players which will be intertwined with actual tendencies. Example, Dwyane Wade has a high mark in Euro-Steps, and as a result you will see him Euro-Step with more frequency than most.
Ball Handling ratings that factor in flash as well as security. Even though we have a security rating, a player that turns the ball over often shouldn't have a high handling rating that rivals someone that doesn't turn it over often.

Consistency: The more reliable players will have the highest consistency ratings. We all have issues with scrubs burning us so this will be a way in which we can regulate it. Consistency will be loosely tied into the Player's Role. Naturally the Stars will be the most consistent seeing that we can always count on them. The starters will fall next in line, followed by the role players, and then the bench players. Each role will have a "cap" in terms of how high of a consistency rating they can obtain. So no longer will you see scrubs going crazy.

A few things that might look off to some of you

Layup Ratings: Since layup rating controls contact layups, we felt it was necessary to reduce the amount of AND1's this game produces. Only the best scoring options on each team should be able to finish in traffic with regularity. This will be reflected in this roster set. Strength (which has also been edited), and scoring ability will factor into the layup rating. So if you don't see 3-+ 90-rated layupers on the game, don't worry, it is properly implemented.

Awareness Ratings: Defensive awareness deals with help side defenders and players like Baby Davis, Kevin Love, and Luke Ridnour do this well. So if you see them with slightly higher defensive awareness ratings than you would expect from them, don't worry. They aren't strong on-ball defenders but they are usually in the right spot at the right time. Again, age will play a role as well. Older players won't make the same defensive rotation mistakes that the younger players make. Offensive awareness will also factor in age.

I could go on forever but those are a few things that I paid special attention to. All players and teams will be edited 100%.

Once the Re-Editor comes out, you will definitely see more.

Most importantly, no complaints about overall ratings. All comments about overall ratings will be ignored completely.

Enjoy.

Rookie Ratings: I know some of you enjoy seeing your favorite NCAA players come into the NBA with high ratings. Well things won't work that way around here. I have no interest in giving high ratings to unproven NBA Talents. It makes no sense for Kyrie Irving to come into the NBA with higher ratings than Jarrett Jack. All rookies will be scaled with harsh penalties. The penalty of inexperience. Even the best rookies are still unproven, so until they show what they can do over a long time period, they will be treated as unproven talents. Awareness ratings will take the biggest hit compared to 2K Official Rosters when it comes to how they usually rate the rookies. Each rating category will have a cap for all incoming rookies (Think MyPlayer Mode) to ensure that they aren't rated on the same level as proven NBA Talent. So if you expect to see Kyrie Irving at a 76 and you don't know why, this is not the roster for you. Rookies with international pro experience will receive attribute bonuses in certain categories. Rookies will be added after the completion of all 64 current and classic teams.

Shot In Traffic: This will be adjusted in upcoming updates. This is another way we felt that we can spread the gap between superstars, role players, and scrubs. No longer will you have scrubs hitting pull up jumpers in your face like they are Steve Nash. It'll happen every once in a while. But, more than often, the cream of the crop will be able to hit those "wow, did he just do that" shots.

Step Through Tendency: I feel that this move is used too much by default and everybody doing Kobe-type footwork. It also prevent players from going "straight up" underneath the basket. So we decided to put the majority of players (about 99%) at 0. I believe it is impossible to completely eliminate this move from the game even with updating the tendency, but we will do our best.

Quickness: I've received a few PM's asking why were there some bigs with higher than normal quickness attributes. Quickness allows players to move around the court freely. This will allow these certain players to go after rebounds, dive for loose balls, and give weak-side shot contest/blocks at a more natural pace.

Coaches Profiles have been updated. The first release had all the edited teams with 100 Fast Break. That was an experiment. This has been regulated in the update.

New tendency edit for "Drive the Lane vs Spot Up". This was done to separate slashers from pull-up jump shooters. This will allow for the different playstyles of the various Michael Jordan's in the game as he ages.

Last edited by Hyperballer21; 07-15-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2011, 01:59 AM   #2
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: 2k12 Xbox360 Comprehensive Update (Hyperballer+DC)

good logic, I was going to try to do my own roster set but I just felt overwhelmed and didn't know where to start. The ratings are horrible, I looked at various things like steals and they didn't match up with real life at all but that's most of the ratings, how are you adjusting things like those.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:22 AM   #3
MVP

Its knowing the numbers and knowing the sport. But its best to use "per 40 min" stats versus "per game" stats. Then you have to scale it correctly depending on the attribute.

For example, with steals, 0.0/40min would be a 25 rating, 2.5/40min would be 99 rating. then you would convert the numbers in between
Old 10-28-2011, 03:26 AM   #4
Fire GarPax!

Permatron's Arena

OVR: 4

Would really like to get my paws on this. Unfortunately, file wouldnt fully open for me, but that's ok. This file sounds like its going to flip 2k12 upside down and give it a new feel. Will proudly test when its available online, because I would like to see this set become the standard file for 2k12.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:39 AM   #5
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
Its knowing the numbers and knowing the sport. But its best to use "per 40 min" stats versus "per game" stats. Then you have to scale it correctly depending on the attribute.

For example, with steals, 0.0/40min would be a 25 rating, 2.5/40min would be 99 rating. then you would convert the numbers in between
care to elaborate a little more, sounds like pure genius.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2011, 05:29 AM   #6
MVP

iameich's Arena

if somebody can put these on 2kshare, id love to test these out...
Old 10-28-2011, 09:33 AM   #7
MVP

Colts18's Arena

OVR: 2

So when is the time table for completion?
Old 10-28-2011, 12:01 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
So when is the time table for completion?
I wouldn't do a full release until the REDitor comes out because I plan on doing ALL 64 teams, past and present. To do each team in game would take about a day and a half per team. EVERY tendency, attribute, and ability will be updated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »