Home

2k12 Xbox360 Comprehensive Update (Hyperballer+DC)

This is a discussion on 2k12 Xbox360 Comprehensive Update (Hyperballer+DC) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
View Poll Results: What file and release date would you prefer?
Release today w/ minor accessories 17 24.64%
Release this weekend w/ 100% accurate accessories 52 75.36%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2011, 07:09 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: 2k12 Xbox360 Comprehensive Update (Hyperballer+DC)

I'm using a hex edited roster with accessory color edits i did earlier this month. The Boston Celtics will be added as well to the 2kshare file.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:50 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9

Since it is Hexed will it freeze?

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Old 10-30-2011, 03:20 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

hyper can we, pc users, expect something like last year...? roster for pc or is it not possible???
Old 10-30-2011, 04:15 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IStillDoWhatIDo
Since it is Hexed will it freeze?
I have not had any freezing issues. I only changed accessory colors. Nothing major.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balldoktor81
hyper can we, pc users, expect something like last year...? roster for pc or is it not possible???
Once the REDitor for 2k12 comes out, I will be able to copy and paste my edits between PC and Xbox360
Old 10-30-2011, 06:29 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

thanx for your answer. i will follow you guys on this board. your ideas sound amazing. it's a pipe dream having those ideas being implemented by 2k on a regular basis... but thanx to the god of basketball you guys will do. i like your ideas will make the game even more "real"!!! game is great overall but the roster is NOT!!!!! hope they will patch those fun killing bugs like trade-logic etc. keep up the good work!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2011, 07:04 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 9

I know you said you won't answer overalls questions but why are the ratings so low. How does that affect the game compared to what 2K official rosters have. Sorry for intruding.

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Old 10-30-2011, 08:42 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IStillDoWhatIDo
I know you said you won't answer overalls questions but why are the ratings so low. How does that affect the game compared to what 2K official rosters have. Sorry for intruding.
I'll answer this question because it was general, instead of player specific. Overalls may seem low, but I use an "all-time scale". Meaning that certain attributes are not compared to a current player, but someone in nba history. For example:

Passing is not based on rondo, its based on stockton/magic johnson
Rebounding isn't based on kevin love, its based on rodman
Blocking isn't based on Dwight, its based on Hakeem, etc

I use those as benchmarks because its the only way to truly represent how good a player really is.

2k's rosters typically do not update every player. They tend to overrate some players in the wrong categories to make the consumer happy. Someone from 2k even said that they rate players based on fans' expectations, which i think is wrong to do.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:41 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
Okay, lets use LeBron James as an example;
He averaged 1.6 spg last season. In order to get his per 40 min stat, you'd have to include his MPG which was 38.8. Then you would do the following:
40 divided by 38.8mpg = 1.03
Then multiply 1.03 x 1.6spg = 1.65 steals/40

So now that you have his steals per 40 minutes, you then would have to convert that number in a rating. 2k uses a 74 point scale (25-99). You'd now have to figure out what 1.65 would be on a 74 point scale. If 0.0 steals/40min = 0 and if 2.5 steals/40min = 74, where does 1.65 fall at...

Hope that helps
It's not as simple as that. There's a difference between a player's ability to steal and his steals per game or per 40 mins. Using the same example - Lebron, he gambles a lot in passing lanes, obviously he's capable of recovering quicker and all that, but still he does it more than most players, therefore getting higher number of steals than a guy who plays more of a sound defense and doesn't go for a steal so much, but may (or may not) be actually better at stealing than Lebron. You can't just take dry numbers and convert them into ratings like that without putting any extra thought into it.

Then there's also the case that some ratings complement others - using the steals example again, quickness and hands probably impact someones ability to steal in the game and in real life. And that's how Lebron gets most of his steals IRL too, with quickness and great hands, not necesserily beacause he's good at reading opposing teams offense or his man's dribble moves i.e. having a great pure ability to steal.

This goes for all ratings and all players obviously. Not complaining, just something to think about..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »