Home

2k12 Xbox360 Comprehensive Update (Hyperballer+DC)

This is a discussion on 2k12 Xbox360 Comprehensive Update (Hyperballer+DC) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
View Poll Results: What file and release date would you prefer?
Release today w/ minor accessories 17 24.64%
Release this weekend w/ 100% accurate accessories 52 75.36%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2011, 05:58 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: 2k12 Xbox360 Comprehensive Update (Hyperballer+DC)

hi hyperballer, how will you handle the speed and quickness ratings??? will you move in the same direction as youalreadyknow or do you use a different scale? i love your ideas. i really like your thoughts, not just tweakin somethin... the logic behind your changes is great. i see you guys really go deep...
Old 11-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2

the field goals for boston are really high... why???
Old 11-01-2011, 06:19 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by balldoktor81
hi hyperballer, how will you handle the speed and quickness ratings??? will you move in the same direction as youalreadyknow or do you use a different scale? i love your ideas. i really like your thoughts, not just tweakin somethin... the logic behind your changes is great. i see you guys really go deep...
Great questions. I'm not using youalreadyknow's scale. His ideas are great, but I've been using my scale since 2k10 and it would be too much work to change it.

I use a custom made scale for Speed, quickness, vertical, and strength;
Speed: For this, I use a speed ranking (fast, average, slow, etc). But i also incorporate one's dribbling ability, size (see strength below), and team's pace. I wanted players that play on a fast, uptempo team to "run" more than a half-court offense.
Quickness: This is something I like to call "game quickness" or mobility. Basically, this is one's ability to move around. Swift ball handlers, Shot blockers, rebounders, on ball defenders, hustlers will be quicker than usual (but no unusually). I also factor in a players size as well.
Vertical: There is "game quickness" as well has "game vertical". I use a jump ranking similar to the speed one above. But vertical plays a part in other factors of the game like blocking, dunking, rebounding. So those type of players will stand out. I also factored in gravity (size) of a player.
Strength: Combination of height, weight, girth. Shaq would have the highest while Muggsy Bogues would have the lowest.

Great questions everyone, keep them coming.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:23 PM   #60
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by balldoktor81
the field goals for boston are really high... why???
More offensive rebounds. Miami shot more Free Throws, which gave Boston more possessions as well.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:34 PM   #61
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
I'm liking what I see from your roster, Hyper. It plays damn good in comparison to the default roster, but I have two questions:

1) Why are high-quality bigs (Jefferson, Horford & Bosh) so lowly rated/scaled? I probably need to see more examples, but it seems the scale is more perimeter player friendly.

2) I realize that you said individual ratings won't be addressed, but why are LeBron's physical attributes (speed, quickness & vertical) not higher? I believe that LeBron, Rose and Howard (possibly Westbrook) are the most physically gifted players in the current NBA. Should they not have (much) higher attributes to suggest that?

When will you have more teams available? I'm dying to try the Spurs and Wizards with your great edits.....

from Bills Backer Clubhouse

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 11-01-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2011, 09:17 PM   #62
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse512
I'm liking what I see from your roster, Hyper. It plays damn good in comparison to the default roster, but I have two questions:

1) Why are high-quality bigs (Jefferson, Horford & Bosh) so lowly rated/scaled? I probably need to see more examples, but it seems the scale is more perimeter player friendly.

2) I realize that you said individual ratings won't be addressed, but why are LeBron's physical attributes (speed, quickness & vertical) not higher? I believe that LeBron, Rose and Howard (possibly Westbrook) are the most physically gifted players in the current NBA. Should they not have (much) higher attributes to suggest that?

When will you have more teams available? I'm dying to try the Spurs and Wizards with your great edits.....

from Bills Backer Clubhouse
Glad you are enjoying and great questions

1) Bigs are rated low because of the intelligence scale that does and should favor smaller players. For the most part, big men are going to have the lowest IQ on the floor while the PG will have the highest since they are running the offense. Awareness plays a big factor in overall ratings so this is why it appears low.

2) Wait to see how the other SF's in the game are rated physically before judging. Once more teams are done, you'll have a better comparison. As of now comparing the 6 teams completed, Lebron has a B+ athleticism which is only 2nd to DeRozan's A (DeRozan is 22, Lebron is 27, age does play a role).

More teams are to come. Wizards are coming up (I try to do the teams with bad records earlier).
Old 11-01-2011, 10:09 PM   #63
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

Lebron B+ athleticism and demarr derozan an A. Come on, derozan isn't even the best player on his team. It's not a consistent basis for derozan. I guess at the end of the day all rosters are more opinionated then anything else.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:20 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
Some new roster Info. This will be added to the OP later.

Ricky Rubio has been rated, 57 Ovr. See why below.

Rookie Ratings: I know some of you enjoy seeing your favorite NCAA players come into the NBA with high ratings. Well things won't work that way around here. I have no interest in giving high ratings to unproven NBA Talents. It makes no sense for Kyrie Irving to come into the NBA with higher ratings than Jarrett Jack. All rookies will be scaled with harsh penalties. The penalty of inexperience. Even the best rookies are still unproven, so until they show what they can do over a long time period, they will be treated as unproven talents. Awareness ratings will take the biggest hit compared to 2K Official Rosters when it comes to how they usually rate the rookies. Each rating category will have a cap for all incoming rookies (Think MyPlayer Mode) to ensure that they aren't rated on the same level as proven NBA Talent. So if you expect to see Kyrie Irving at a 76 and you don't know why, this is not the roster for you.

Note: Rookies with international pro experience will receive attribute bonuses in certain categories.

Shot In Traffic: This will be adjusted in upcoming updates. This is another way we felt that we can spread the gap between superstars, role players, and scrubs. No longer will you have scrubs hitting pull up jumpers in your face like they are Steve Nash. It'll happen every once in a while. But, more than often, the cream of the crop will be able to hit those "wow, did he just do that" shots.

Step Through Tendency: I feel that this move is used too much by default and everybody doing Kobe-type footwork. It also prevent players from going "straight up" underneath the basket. So we decided to put the majority of players (almost all) at 0. Only certain players (a handful or two) will you see pull these tricks out of their bag. We wanted those players to be special.
there are no rookies in the roster though?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »