Home

2k12 Xbox360 Comprehensive Update (Hyperballer+DC)

This is a discussion on 2k12 Xbox360 Comprehensive Update (Hyperballer+DC) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
View Poll Results: What file and release date would you prefer?
Release today w/ minor accessories 17 24.64%
Release this weekend w/ 100% accurate accessories 52 75.36%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2011, 12:30 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: 2k12 Xbox360 Comprehensive Update (Hyperballer+DC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
I just don't see it that way, I respect what you do, I just can't agree with giving Lebron anything short of elite athleticism when he sets the precedent for it in today's game. Derozan ain't really much, I don't know, 2k seems to amp things up and I just don't wanna see derozan dunking 10 times a game from newhere and not playing his real game.
I respect your comments, and neither do I want to see DeRozan dunking 10x per game. But DeRozan is one of the best dunkers in the NBA. We use a completely different dunk scale. Lebron is an elite athlete, but he isn't the athlete he was a few years ago. That's just how age works. And the grades also based on 2k's grading scale, not mine. Lets compare the two's athletic ratings;

Lebron - 87 Spd, 70 Str, 82 Vert, 86 Quick, 70 dunk = Average 79
DeMar - 85 Spd, 54 Str, 84 Vert, 76 Quick, 70 dunk = Average 74

LeBron is clearly the superior athletic. Like I said to another poster, once all of the players are finished, then we can compare.

Last edited by Hyperballer21; 11-02-2011 at 01:29 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:35 AM   #74
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Are you creating these rosters for a certain game mode? (Association, Quick Play, My Player, etc)

I'm asking because I'm likely going to have to end up with 2-3 roster files, one for Association, one for Quick Play, and another for My Player.

Just curious how other roster makers are going about this or if they just want to put out a good all-around roster.
If its anything like we did last year, this will be for all game modes. Last year, I even made full NBDL update with real names and ratings for MyPlayer. But i don't know how significant the NBDL is in this year's MyPlayer mode.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:46 AM   #75
MVP

iameich's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
Its something i'll definitely look into. Rookies are actually the last priority for this roster. Getting the players that are ALREADY in the game is first priority, both current and classic.
true. makes sense since the lockout is still going on, we should take this time to come up with the best slider/roster sets in time for the NBA season. whenever that is
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2011, 09:51 AM   #76
MVP

Colts18's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Are you creating these rosters for a certain game mode? (Association, Quick Play, My Player, etc)

I'm asking because I'm likely going to have to end up with 2-3 roster files, one for Association, one for Quick Play, and another for My Player.

Just curious how other roster makers are going about this or if they just want to put out a good all-around roster.
YouKnow,

What would be the difference in the rosters? Do you need to do certain things for each? I am lost but interested in the logic here.

Hypers, did you play with Rubio yet? How does he play?
Old 11-02-2011, 10:07 AM   #77
MVP

Colts18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorfan8
I thought the numbers were all wacky and weird but wow$ I think your doing the best work of anyone else.
Yes. When I downloaded them last year the first thing I noticed were the low layup ratings. It threw me off, but it translates well. We are just used to 2K's high ratings to the point when someone makes a roster and doesn't make an effort to use the whole entire 99 point scale, we find it weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
I just don't wanna see derozan dunking 10 times a game from newhere and not playing his real game.
From his work last year, nobody will be dunking 10 times per game. The game has dunk ratings and from what I remember, Hyper had those regulated across the board. From his post, it does show that LeBron outranks DeRozan in all athletic categories so I don't understand why he has a lower grade.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #78
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
YouKnow,

What would be the difference in the rosters? Do you need to do certain things for each? I am lost but interested in the logic here.

Hypers, did you play with Rubio yet? How does he play?
I have played against Rubio. I put him in the starting lineup just to test things out. Don't let his low overall rating (52) fool you. This guy is a pure playmaking point guard. Although he had a few turnovers (not unsual from a rookie PG), he was looking to set up his teammates and got into the lane with dribble penetration.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:29 PM   #79
MVP

Another thing I am thinking about implementing is a "free throw consistency" factor. What this does is prevent some who doesnt shoot a lot of freethrows, but has a high percentage from taking the technical freethrows.

An example with this was with the 96 Bulls (yes, they have been re-rated). Harper, Jordan, Pippen, Kukoc, and Wennington were on the floor and they other team got a Defensive 3-secs violation called on them. I expected Jordan (83 FT) to walk to the line, but instead, Wennington (86 FT) stepped up.

So, with your help, he can compile a list of the top 2 or 3 players from each team that would take the technical foul shot.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:45 PM   #80
MVP

Colts18's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
I have played against Rubio. I put him in the starting lineup just to test things out. Don't let his low overall rating (52) fool you. This guy is a pure playmaking point guard. Although he had a few turnovers (not unsual from a rookie PG), he was looking to set up his teammates and got into the lane with dribble penetration.
How often did he look for his own shot?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »