Home

Old 11-15-2023, 07:12 PM   #41

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Survivor 45

Speaking of the advantage that let's you leave tribal, I want someone to play it and just leave. Like they walk up, hand Jeff the advantage, then leave tribal without saying a word to anyone.

Or Tribal is just so chaotic (or during a live tribal) they're just like "I'm out" and plays the advantage and leaves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2023, 08:49 PM   #42

Majingir's Arena

I love the new era Survivor auction format.

Out of the gate telling everyone there's no advantages (which is what killed the auction, with S30 being the final straw for Jeff and production to kill off the auction for what has been 8 years!).

Guaranteed 5 items up for bids, but up to 15 depending on what number Jeff draws , but nobody knows what that number is.

Whoever has most money in the end loses their vote.

A nice level of strategy and competitiveness while also having fun. This is more like the auction we should have. Having advantages and predictability killed the auction.

I wouldn't even mind advantages. Maybe flat out tell everyone there is an advantage, it's at a specific number between 6-15, maybe even tell them what number that is, but still don't reveal what the draw number was for the auction closing. So people might be waiting for auction #12 but don't realize it closes at #10.

They don't need the same format every year, small tweaks make it less predictable which keeps things fresh.
Old 11-15-2023, 09:03 PM   #43
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Bruce redemption arc!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 11-15-2023, 09:04 PM   #44
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Speaking of the advantage that let's you leave tribal, I want someone to play it and just leave. Like they walk up, hand Jeff the advantage, then leave tribal without saying a word to anyone.

Or Tribal is just so chaotic (or during a live tribal) they're just like "I'm out" and plays the advantage and leaves.

Depending on what happens here at the end of this ep as far as where votes are going, Drew might do some ish like this. Lol

Quote:
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 11-15-2023, 09:28 PM   #45

Majingir's Arena

Jeff has lost it.

"I need sit outs and you get rice. Not enough motivation? How about this!"

*Jeff slashes the rice bag as rice pours out*

He's a mad man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2023, 11:25 AM   #46
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

Damn they shanked Kellie lol. Truly all Bruce’s fault for looking like the easy vote but then winning immunity. Big time! Big props to Drew for orchestrating that big move on Kellie, too. Lost in it is Austin now has two full fledged idols, and Drew can still walk out on a tribal as far as I know… not sure on expirations

Reba strong as hell right now. Dee & Julia playing for keeps with Austin & Drew. They’re still letting Emily slide, I’m sure she will be a decisive vote in which of the pairs continues on as such at some point. But all those advantages the Reba boys have gives them protection if they can sniff it out.

Jake cracks me up. Belo is so donezo unless they can cast light on how strong but divided Reba is. Depends how long each group wants to keep the others around. Still could backfire on them.

Season is Kickin’ now

Quote:
Old 11-16-2023, 06:58 PM   #47

Majingir's Arena

I figured Jake was gone this week, his edit wasn't exactly the best.

They kept emphasizing him trying to bend the rules (pun intended) by bending his arm throughout that challenge, and then focusing on him being at a loss for words and not thinking straight during that tribal. I wonder if that's just how he is or maybe something like dehydration or something else going on, because he's had moments during the season where he seemed mentally and/or physically "not all there".

There's still no real clear cut faves to win the game.

I wonder how many even know Austin has that second idol now. 9 people left, he could be guaranteed final 7 if he just plays his idol each of the next 2 tribals. I think F5 or F6 is the last time you can play an idol.

Bruce is 100% the target next. The thing is, do people still try getting him out or could he be bordering on "let's take him to the end because everyone hates him and won't vote for him in the end" territory?

Last edited by Majingir; 11-16-2023 at 08:17 PM.
Old 11-17-2023, 06:51 AM   #48
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

Survivor 45

Yeah, Bruce has been in that category mostly for the Belo women who’ve been with him since day 1. He grated on Kaleb very quickly too lol.

I love Jake. You can tell he’s playing the game as more of a game than most people I can remember — for keeps but for fun too. His mannerisms and quips absolutely crack me up, that Boston accent is gold. Unfortunately, like Owen from a couple seasons ago, I don’t think he has any shot at winning unless he is the driver behind some of the other top dogs getting picked off. He’s shown a knack for assembling a group to make a big move undetected so he’s got it in them. Gotta work on the timing. He’s likeable as hell too.

I think the clear favs are Dee and Austin, with Drew and Julia attached to them. Kendra & Katurrah & Emily (she might have her own special tier as the sole Lulu) in the middle, with Bruce and Jake bringing up the rear.

Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »