Home

Old 11-27-2023, 02:10 PM   #57

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Survivor 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlNachos
With so many "lose your votes" I think they should try a season where all the votes are read.

I did learn recently, and maybe it was obvious, that when Jeff says "that's enough" it means all the rest of the votes were for the person being voted out.
The thing about Survivor, you know everyone who got votes, you just don't know many total there were.

Everyone who got votes does get revealed, and then whoever is voted out just gets read until they reached the official number to be voted out.

If every vote gets read, I think it'll wind up like Big Brother. Just vote with the majority because everyone will know who you're voting for.

If anything, I've been hoping BB just makes it similar to Survivor and someone's voted out and there's a mystery of what the final vote count was.

Even if your vote for someone else gets revealed, if not all votes got revealed, you could always be like "they didn't reveal my vote, but I also voted for ___, mine would've been the one with the happy face on it" to avoid people realizing you voted someone still in the game (unless its obvious there's 2 sides going at it).
Old 11-28-2023, 10:56 AM   #58
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Survivor 45

Quote:
With so many "lose your votes" I think they should try a season where all the votes are read.

I did learn recently, and maybe it was obvious, that when Jeff says "that's enough" it means all the rest of the votes were for the person being voted out.

Not sure if I knew or just assumed, lol. I figured any votes that would add drama get read, so even when someone gets a single vote in an otherwise landslide vote, it’s going to be read early so we get that moment of “what’s going to happen?!”

I thought all these people were super fans, I’m surprised they seemingly haven’t picked up on some of these details of the votes. Casts seem to usually be able to discern who voted for who, maybe a vote or two is a question.

These early votes after the merge are so brutal. This is when the truly best players all get voted off. Just like last year with Frannie & Danny. It’s hard to figure out who’s good but hasn’t shown themselves to be too good. These are the stages where I start thinking back to past seasons and how did the best players make it through this beginning of the end phase. Really impressive the way some people have been able to do it. I can’t help but think to Wendell, Dom and Laurel and their dynamic where the two guys were top dogs from day 1 but needed that strong 3rd person to save their bacon here or there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 11-29-2023, 08:51 PM   #59

Majingir's Arena

Katurah tells everyone about Bruce's lie which he hasn't even told anyone yet so that they can get Bruce out....

Why not just let him tell the lie, and if nobody believes it, they just get him out.

She's sacrificing her own game just to focus on Bruce every single time.

Jeff talking about the challenge being like some fun carnival game.

Jake: WHAT CARNIVAL HAVE YOU SEEN THIS AT!?!

The best part of the tribal was the jury (aka Kellie) reaction to everything.

They were stupid voting Bruce off. Vote out Julie, it's now 3 Reba vs 4 others. Instead it's 4 Reba vs 3 others. They're the majority! They control the game and don't even need to split the vote or play an idol or win immunity.

Bruce got voted out with an idol, but he was right to not play it. He plays it, if his suspicions are right, that means everyone's going after him, so who's the target next time...Bruce again (with no idol)! If he doesn't play it and Julie got voted out, he's now in the f7 with an idol still, that's a powerful spot.

Last edited by Majingir; 11-29-2023 at 09:46 PM.
Old 11-30-2023, 11:08 AM   #60
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

Survivor 45

I haven’t seen a positive reaction across the board to someone getting voted out from the cast like them getting Bruce out last night in a long time. Fist pumps, claps, smiles. I know he had worn on people but I thought he was getting better and had kind of turned in to a sympathetic figure. Him winning those first couple individual immunities raised his profile too high.

It’s 4 Reba left but I don’t really believe it will be all 4 left at the end. I’m positive the two factions of that four will start to target the others. Drew and Austin have so much ammo left in their pocket that if they sniff it out, they can flip it back on someone trying to blindside them. But I can see one of those two guys misjudging the vibe and getting caught feeling comfortable.

Still can’t believe they’re letting Emily continue to slide. She ran this last vote. She’s really playing herself in to a strong position. If they don’t get her out soon, she’s got a really good case to be considered the winner.

Last nights episode was like how much can we break Katurrah with the letter from her estranged mother and then the water. I guess she can’t swim? It felt kind of weird how Jeff kept pushing her, I get that’s it’s safe with people standing by to help but you’re basically telling someone go ahead and drown we’ll save you. Lol

My guess is, if she doesn’t win immunity, Dee will be considered strongly for next vote. I believe Austin and Drew see Emily as an ally and not a floater… it’s gonna be an interesting setup which way Emily goes. From previews it sounds like Reba has discussed and acknowledged that it’s kind of everyone for themselves while loosely being aligned to keep the 3 on the outside guessing.

I knew that female and male alliance had no chance of actually going through. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 11-30-2023, 11:59 AM   #61

Majingir's Arena

People are on the fence about the letter because nobody knows how that letter was sent.

Did producers find out she doesn't communicate with her mom so they got her mom to send in a letter? Were they aware that she chose to not speak to her mom anymore? How did they even find out contact info for her mom, or who was on her approved list of people to get a letter from?

As for the swimming stuff, I think she can swim but was just having a panic attack. Maybe she learned to swim for Survivor so she's not very good?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2023, 12:09 PM   #62
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Not playing the idol was a great play. I know the "just stay alive" strategy is viable, but he pretty much had to win every immunity comp from here on out or keep finding idols.

I wasn't rooting for Bruce to win, but I rooting for him to survive this week not playing the idol and Mama J getting blindsided.

I think it was just personal and Bruce had worn everyone down in camp.
Old 11-30-2023, 03:26 PM   #63

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Not playing the idol was a great play. I know the "just stay alive" strategy is viable, but he pretty much had to win every immunity comp from here on out or keep finding idols.

I wasn't rooting for Bruce to win, but I rooting for him to survive this week not playing the idol and Mama J getting blindsided.

I think it was just personal and Bruce had worn everyone down in camp.
Day 1 basically showed it.

The "I'm not gonna be the dad, I'm more like the fun uncle" and then immediately went "dad mode".

Completely random thought, but I wonder if Bruce reminded Katurah of her mom. Now knowing what we know about that relationship, maybe that's one reason Bruce was on her bad side from day 1.

But there's so many moments where people were voted out with an idol and should've played it (James in China was the worst management of idolS ever), I want to see what people's logic is behind if Bruce did play his idol, do people think he's not the target next time?

Let's not forget we literally have someone on the jury who got voted out the next chance the tribe could get after he saved himself when EVERYONE wanted him out. Especially in the new era of Survivor, it'll be harder to change people's opinion in 48 hours after everyone was dead set on a specific plan already.

Last edited by Majingir; 11-30-2023 at 05:07 PM.
Old 12-01-2023, 01:54 AM   #64
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

I was surprised the strategy to get Bruce to hold the idol worked, but they played to his ego and he held on after everyone said he would play it, which was exactly what they were tricking him into doing.

Emily is really good.

Also loved the women's/men's retreat segments, the men getting 80s style theme music while farting and burping cracked me up lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »