Home

Old 09-24-2023, 09:49 AM   #1

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Survivor 45

New season begins this week.

All episodes will be 90 minutes long this season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2023, 11:27 AM   #2
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Survivor 45

Can’t wait. Forgot they’re 90 minutes this year. Let’s go!

Only thing I really know is Bruce is back from last season. Keep ya head down Bruce!

Really enjoyed the last few seasons I’ve caught live as they aired after not paying attention to the show since Season 2. I hope they switch some things up as these super fans are getting too good at some of these puzzles. Looking forward to whatever crazy twists come up this season including on if any of the new advantages from last year will show up again (and be used… as I wasn’t sure how some would really work in practice).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 09-27-2023, 09:36 PM   #3

Majingir's Arena

Yellow tribe is all over the place.

Emily is going after everyone for everything

Brandon is struggling

Hannah wants to leave

Jeff was so close to jumping up and voting Hannah out himself

Can't remember the last time the first boot was a quitter. Not a med evac, a quitter.

Are they even counting this as a quit or vote out? The tribe all said they're gonna just vote her out, but she said she's gonna quit no matter what.

Seems like Jeff just made them all vote her out on the spot rather than risk someone being voted out and she quits and now the tribes down to 4 already and it throws off the whole show timing.

Edit- There was a big moment they edited out! Jeff revealed that the winning tribe gets to choose someone to visit the losing tribe and cast a vote against them at tribal. It never aired since it was pointless since Hannah quit. Perhaps another reason Jeff didn't want to risk voting. But also, makes sense why Kaleb was also targeted. I'm sure the other tribe would want to go after the strongest player, so knowing Kaleb already has 1 vote against him is more reason to go after him.

Last edited by Majingir; 09-27-2023 at 09:51 PM.
Old 09-28-2023, 10:25 AM   #4
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

I’m gonna have to watch again as I was in and out, but this cast was the most nervous I’ve seen from the jump — and that was before the one tribe started having panic attacks and breakdowns.

Red tribe seems pretty cool all around. That tall boy seems like he’s going to be a major player, kind of hiding behind the nerdy, kinda goofy physique.

Kaleb & Sabiyah could have a major bond in the works being on yellow tribe that is in shambles already. We’ll see how far that goes.

As much as that one lady from yellow was a wet blanket, she wasn’t wrong about Bruce! Him commenting on it to his tribe and in the interview/voiceover had me laughing though.

I liked how they started on a boat and with the challenge being on the boat. Felt unique and throwback. This season feels “old” already, actually. Can’t quite put my finger on it. I think this one will grow on me as it goes along.

Quote:
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 09-28-2023, 08:30 PM   #5

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
I’m gonna have to watch again as I was in and out, but this cast was the most nervous I’ve seen from the jump — and that was before the one tribe started having panic attacks and breakdowns.

Red tribe seems pretty cool all around. That tall boy seems like he’s going to be a major player, kind of hiding behind the nerdy, kinda goofy physique.

Kaleb & Sabiyah could have a major bond in the works being on yellow tribe that is in shambles already. We’ll see how far that goes.

As much as that one lady from yellow was a wet blanket, she wasn’t wrong about Bruce! Him commenting on it to his tribe and in the interview/voiceover had me laughing though.

I liked how they started on a boat and with the challenge being on the boat. Felt unique and throwback. This season feels “old” already, actually. Can’t quite put my finger on it. I think this one will grow on me as it goes along.
Sifu could be good if he didn't get caught trying to be Tony 2.0

That tall guy on red feels like an early candidate for a winner edit.

Emily is definitely the villain, but we'll see if she's a villain you hate to love or love to hate. Fans on Big Brother hated Cameron and Hisam, but that's the point of a villain, to be hated. It's hard to have villains in today's shows because fans take the game so serious and go after people personally as if the people they see edited on a reality show are monsters in real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2023, 02:39 PM   #6
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

Sifu is like Jam Jam, all bubbly energy all the time. I was gonna say that will make him an easy target, but JJ just won the whole damn thing sooo… but it is a very thin needle to thread. Jam Jam had to really scrape and claw his way just to make it to the jury. If you get stuck on a dwindling tribe, never know who will get eliminated when there’s only so many names to write down.

Blue looks a lot stronger than I realized. Three dudes who look solid athletically, the women look strong. There’s intelligence there for both as well. They are probably overall the best as the women on Red look a little less intimidating.

I’m a stickler for not weighing down your team in challenges. I don’t see many weak links on Red & Blue. Yellow seems like it has cracks and is in serious danger of getting picked off weekly. I think we’re setting up for one of Kaleb and Sabiyah to get ousted and then Emily. I mean, it’s an easy vote early on… which means it will be excruciating.

Episode 2 tonight. We can really start to ease in to it now. This is the juncture I identified Heidi as a finalist last year though she tailed off a good bit in the heart of the season. I wonder who will emerge more fully after this one?

Quote:
Old 10-04-2023, 04:15 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Yellow should have just voted someone else out and let her quit. It would have saved them days of energy, having to compete, etc. They definitely didn't make the tribes even.

I immediately knew they were in trouble when they showed them at camp and they didn't seem to even care about building some type of shelter.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2023, 05:55 PM   #8

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
Yellow should have just voted someone else out and let her quit. It would have saved them days of energy, having to compete, etc. They definitely didn't make the tribes even.

I immediately knew they were in trouble when they showed them at camp and they didn't seem to even care about building some type of shelter.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
I think that's why Jeff stepped in.

They 100% would've voted someone else off AND had a quit, which would throw off the season so much in terms of their scheduling and eventual tribe swaps (3 becomes 2) and all that. You could very well be down to 2 members on a tribe after just the 3rd episode of a season. I want to see a tribe fully decimated, but that'll never happen in Survivor like we saw in Palau, so if the tribe even gets to 2, they'll just merge into 2 tribes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »