Old 10-04-2023, 06:00 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Survivor 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
I think that's why Jeff stepped in.

They 100% would've voted someone else off AND had a quit, which would throw off the season so much in terms of their scheduling and eventual tribe swaps (3 becomes 2) and all that. You could very well be down to 2 members on a tribe after just the 3rd episode of a season. I want to see a tribe fully decimated, but that'll never happen in Survivor like we saw in Palau, so if the tribe even gets to 2, they'll just merge into 2 tribes.
They'll be back voting tonight so they could have just saved some calories and cut the 2 dead weight players. Jeff doesn't care about the schedule as it's whatever they want. They could have just skipped one comp and let them guess what was going on.

It does mess with TV schedules but they can fix that after the fact.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
Old 10-05-2023, 08:49 PM   #10

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Another one of those weird scenarios that could happen due to all these twists...

What happens if someone gets a beware advantage that prevents them from voting until they complete the tasks to get the advantage....and someone else gets the advantage before them (and they don't know that)? Do they still lose their vote? Do they just suddenly get their vote back since the advantage was claimed?

Like this week, the idol was on that tree, but anyone else could've gone up there and gotten it.

And Jeff says the "new rule" is that you can't sit out back to back challenges. Hasn't that been the rule for most of the last 20+ years? Feels like only the last several seasons or so they suddenly shifted into the "sit out whoever you want".

The old rule is the one I liked the most because tribes would always want to choose the same person. It made it more strategic when you had reward and then immunity challenges. Do you sit the weaker player for reward to better your chances but then be forced to use them in the immunity not knowing if that challenge could be their strength?
Old 10-06-2023, 10:20 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

Quote:
Another one of those weird scenarios that could happen due to all these twists...

What happens if someone gets a beware advantage that prevents them from voting until they complete the tasks to get the advantage....and someone else gets the advantage before them (and they don't know that)? Do they still lose their vote? Do they just suddenly get their vote back since the advantage was claimed?

Like this week, the idol was on that tree, but anyone else could've gone up there and gotten it.

And Jeff says the "new rule" is that you can't sit out back to back challenges. Hasn't that been the rule for most of the last 20+ years? Feels like only the last several seasons or so they suddenly shifted into the "sit out whoever you want".

The old rule is the one I liked the most because tribes would always want to choose the same person. It made it more strategic when you had reward and then immunity challenges. Do you sit the weaker player for reward to better your chances but then be forced to use them in the immunity not knowing if that challenge could be their strength?
It reset after tribal, so reward and tribal. If there was no reward challenge, then the same person could sit out in back to back tribals.

Now if there is no reward challenge, they can't sit out the same person.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2023, 11:42 AM   #12
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

It's time to rethink their casting. I know they can't predict how a person would react, but Hannah and Brandon were not prepared at all for this. Brandon had no intention on playing Survivor. He just wanted the fan experience of being on Survivor.

I wouldn't mind a season where they bring in people who have never watched the show.
Old 10-06-2023, 12:27 PM   #13

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlNachos
It's time to rethink their casting. I know they can't predict how a person would react, but Hannah and Brandon were not prepared at all for this. Brandon had no intention on playing Survivor. He just wanted the fan experience of being on Survivor.

I wouldn't mind a season where they bring in people who have never watched the show.
Brandon was a good personality and a superfan of the show, he just sucked at challenges.

Maybe he was actually good at puzzles but various issues on the island (stress, anxiety and so on) screwed him over.
Old 10-06-2023, 06:58 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

Quote:
Brandon was a good personality and a superfan of the show, he just sucked at challenges.

Maybe he was actually good at puzzles but various issues on the island (stress, anxiety and so on) screwed him over.
He was a feel good story of someone who sits at home never joining a team but comes out of his shell on the island.

The issue was that he couldn't do anything. In the first tribal when he said his strengths were comforting people, I burst out laughing at it. I would have probably said snuff out your own torch right now because we are trying to survive and you can't do anything but tell us we are doing a good job.

If they have players like these, put them on a preshow survivor and let them actually win their way on the show. They could also do something where everyone starts out isolated and has to survive several days while completing challenges.

Old 10-07-2023, 10:47 AM   #15

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
He was a feel good story of someone who sits at home never joining a team but comes out of his shell on the island.

The issue was that he couldn't do anything. In the first tribal when he said his strengths were comforting people, I burst out laughing at it. I would have probably said snuff out your own torch right now because we are trying to survive and you can't do anything but tell us we are doing a good job.

If they have players like these, put them on a preshow survivor and let them actually win their way on the show. They could also do something where everyone starts out isolated and has to survive several days while completing challenges.

"Day 0" would be a decent test for people.

But they definitely cast people who they think or know will struggle on purpose.

It's all about "people from different walks of life coming together to play the game, work together, vote people out and get those you voted out to vote for you to win in the end"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2023, 04:20 PM   #16
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Bring back extinction island and see who’s really bout that life. You ain’t Reem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »