Home

Old 11-01-2023, 10:32 PM   #33

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Survivor 45

Lol, Sifu asked Katurah how to spell her name! That wasn't even the funniest part. Best one was Emily being like "Bruce is 100% voting you out, he doesn't like you at all". Not sugar coating it or anything, just flat out tells Kaleb the whole truth.

Kaleb plays his shot in the dark and ALL 11 votes are for him! Survivor history, nobody has ever had double digit votes voided in a single tribal!

Surprised nobody voted any other way. This isn't big brother, you don't have to vote unanimously. Not even Emily voted to keep Kaleb?

Something about Emily's mannerisms and delivery reminds me a bit of Sheldon Cooper. Like when she flat out told Kaleb "Bruce is voting you out, he doesn't like you at all" in the most straightforward way possible.

Last edited by Majingir; 11-02-2023 at 08:27 AM.
Old 11-02-2023, 09:49 AM   #34
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Game revved up yesterday. Kaleb is so marked it hurts. He escaped this time, and did some great work highlighting another couple people who been flying under the radar. I don’t know if the others will fall for it or not. Still think Kaleb goes out very soon. Hard to shake the target once it’s on you.

There seems to be a lot of pairs now. Dee & Julia, Andrew & Auston, Kaleb & Emily. Belo would be smart to recognize that and band together as they’re kind of loosely together. Bruce probably isn’t wrong, but he’s such a weird controlling person. Really don’t like him, he seems very performative masking a kind of nasty person underneath. A few of Belo are turning on him and it might blind them that he could be a solid person to take to the end and useful to break up some other pairs/alliances. Also a bit worrisome since he’s a good talker but if he rubs everyone the wrong way leading up to final, it might not matter.

As for Emily voting Kaleb, because it went unanimous and she told him it’s on him, I don’t think he’ll care knowing the strategy behind it. Plus, she caught some votes in the re-vote so she’s gonna have to work her way back in again.

There was a moment where they made a weird sound effect when the camera was on J’maya. Reminded me of one they did for Yam-Yam in middle of a challenge last year. Thought that might be the hint as she was starting to show her stuff as a strategic force. But nope, votes came up on her. Theory busted. Lol

Man, I really don’t know how this thing is gonna shake out. I’m starting to lean towards Dee but after Kaleb’s callout, that could blow up quick. Auston seems to be playing a strong game with smart moves but a bit under the surface. Really hard to say what happens next and who the final few will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 11-02-2023, 01:36 PM   #35

Majingir's Arena

Not that the edit means much at times, but the way things are going, Emily feels like a finalist. They're highlighting her "character development" too much for her to just be some random F9 boot or something. Drew and Austin also getting bigger edits, similar with Kendra suddenly too.

Individual immunity begins next week so Kaleb has a shot to stay from that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2023, 02:45 PM   #36
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

Oh yeah, Emily is definitely going far. If you don’t get voted out early when you’ve kind of stepped out like she did at introductions, then you have plenty of time to distance yourself from that action. She’s come off as weirdly desperate at times, I guess it’s not that weird since she is desperate, just almost like begging instead of negotiating.

I’ve backed off Drew. He is clearly the sidekick to Auston, and I don’t think he’s a particularly good one. But those two have a thing with Emily and also a loose thing with Dee & Julia so they’re in very good position.

Really does come down to when does Belo want to turn on Bruce. They can still get him out, but they need to keep their numbers together for right now. I’m sure Kaleb is gonna go hard against Bruce as well, and I don’t think Belo will stand strong. I think this is one of Reba’s members season to lose with Emily as a foil.

Quote:
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 11-03-2023, 01:50 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Lol, Sifu asked Katurah how to spell her name! That wasn't even the funniest part. Best one was Emily being like "Bruce is 100% voting you out, he doesn't like you at all". Not sugar coating it or anything, just flat out tells Kaleb the whole truth.

Kaleb plays his shot in the dark and ALL 11 votes are for him! Survivor history, nobody has ever had double digit votes voided in a single tribal!

Surprised nobody voted any other way. This isn't big brother, you don't have to vote unanimously. Not even Emily voted to keep Kaleb?

Something about Emily's mannerisms and delivery reminds me a bit of Sheldon Cooper. Like when she flat out told Kaleb "Bruce is voting you out, he doesn't like you at all" in the most straightforward way possible.

that was exactly my thought! it was kinda suspicious to me how that played out. His closest ally was telling him the numbers were slanted against him, and she voted against him anyway? there was no backup plan for anything? no split, no nothing, just everyone votes one way and that one person hits the Shot for the first time, it was cool to see someone finally get it, but I can't help but feel like hmm
Old 11-03-2023, 06:51 AM   #38

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
that was exactly my thought! it was kinda suspicious to me how that played out. His closest ally was telling him the numbers were slanted against him, and she voted against him anyway? there was no backup plan for anything? no split, no nothing, just everyone votes one way and that one person hits the Shot for the first time, it was cool to see someone finally get it, but I can't help but feel like hmm
One of those moments where if things didn't go their way, it would definitely be viewed as one of the dumber moves in Survivor history.

Imagine knowing all 12 other people were voting a specific person out, but IF their shot in the dark worked, there would be a re vote, and your name would be one of the main targets, and then you get voted out when throwing a rogue vote at someone beforehand would've been the sole vote that made you stay. In hindsight it worked out, but it could've been a lot worse.

Sure, if he did get voted out people would be asking who threw 1 vote at someone else, but given that most votes wouldn't have even been revealed, they won't be doing vote comparisons (like asking how you wrote someone's name, if you put a Smiley face or a line or a number on your vote).
Old 11-08-2023, 08:55 PM   #39

Majingir's Arena

Katurah has been mad at Bruce for random reasons this season, but now she has a case.

Bruce literally asks her infront of basically everyone if she was on the fence about voting Kaleb....and while she's answering, Kaleb is walking behind her. Talk about a lose lose.

Austin brings up a good point I never thought of and don't think many even mentioned before. Kaleb got 11 votes....there were 13 people who went up to vote. Kaleb played his shot in the dark, so there should be 12 votes....Kaleb flat out said he is the first person to negate 12 votes. Everyone was so shocked at his shot in the dark working that nobody even realized or noticed the vote count. So he lost his vote to upgrade his idol and nobody knows.

Kaleb and Sifu gone!?! This ending sucked.

I don't even know who is a fave to win and we're in the jury part of the season. Maybe Dee? Winning a comp and being a talker, she could have a shot at the end

Last edited by Majingir; 11-08-2023 at 10:04 PM.
Old 11-15-2023, 03:40 PM   #40
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

I’m not sure Auston missing his vote on Kaleb went unnoticed. I think people are on to Auston. Jake and Kaleb basically trying to force his hand in a re-vote knowing he wouldn’t ride or die with Julia and former Reba members, they may have an inkling he’s scheming (“he’s playing scared” — which could mean he’s setting up a run). I have to think someone like Emily has crunched those numbers as well.

Now that Auston has been poked a bit, I think he & Drew’s alliance will be on the hot seat. Drew also has the walk away from tribal advantage. Those two can power play this down a good bit if they play their cards right. But I think at least one of those guys is being targeted tonight. Jake may be the easy vote after the coup he tried to pull, unless he can convince former Belo to ride with and protect him.

Here’s my power rankings:

1. Dee
2. Austin
3. Emily
4. Kellie
5. Drew
6. Kendra
7. Katurrah
8. Jake
9. Julia
10. Bruce

It’s the top 3 and everyone else IMO, which likely means 2 of those 3 won’t get to the final. Will see how long Emily keeps skating by. They hardly even consider her for a vote anymore.

Julia, Bruce, Jake, and Katurrah are trying but can’t seem to really make any waves. Kendra and Kellie are in the sweet spot — a bit of power, solid strategic alliances (Kellie specifically), target not too big. I could see both those ladies making it to the final and it feels like Kellie is leaning towards bringing Bruce with her for a long time.

Will be another big night.

Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »