Home

Old 12-01-2023, 10:15 AM   #65
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Survivor 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
I was surprised the strategy to get Bruce to hold the idol worked, but they played to his ego and he held on after everyone said he would play it, which was exactly what they were tricking him into doing.

Emily is really good.

Also loved the women's/men's retreat segments, the men getting 80s style theme music while farting and burping cracked me up lol

That was the best. Girls with the wine night, the boys sleeping in the dirt talking about action movies. I love those bonding moments on Survivor where they’re just having fun. We need another survivor radio lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2023, 03:14 PM   #66
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

Wonder if we’ll start to see some Reba targeting each other. Austin has a ticket to finale (top 5 is usually the long finale I think?) but the other Reba know he has idols. They’re going to have to blindside him majorly. I don’t know if playing an idol for someone else at this stage is wise too, so not sure they can really flush them. And playing for someone else, they won’t be able to pay you back in a good way, probably only negatively this close to the end.

Drew has begun to impress me a bit more with his control of the game. Emily is still the one in the drivers seat and will surely win it if she gets to the end. Katurrah may have an outside shot if she can convince people she’s been steering a bit too (her actions have had pretty serious consequences for Kaleb & Jake) and of course going with Reba again to knock out Bruce.

Emily
Austin
Drew
Dee
Katurrah
Jake
Julie

Those are my power rankings right now. But I’m relatively sure we’ll see 2 of the bottom 3 in the final with one of the front runners for a relatively easy decision. My hope is that we get 3 Reba or 2 and Emily. If the top 3-4 make the final, that will be a pretty tough toss up. Still think Emily has it bagged up if she gets to the end. Survived early and then started becoming the major vote in every contested tribal since. Was even able to survive the Kaleb shot in the dark twist. Won a challenge (think it was just reward). Has become a sympathetic and likeable person. Don’t know what else she could do.

Quote:
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 12-06-2023, 09:15 PM   #67

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Everyone: Let's vote Julie.

Dee to Julie: They're voting you.

Julie: OK, let's vote Austin.

Dee: Wait, no!

Dee and Austin are made for each other. They both made the exact same mistake and it almost cost them everything. Austin told Dee when he shouldn't have and that was the difference in Julie staying. Dee told Julie when she shouldn't have and that was almost the difference in Austin going.

If Austin went, Dee would be right up there with Frannie for one of the stupider moves in recent history (when Frannie who already won immunity decided to stay in the challenge until the end when her #1 in Matt was on the chopping block and was on the team that would have to go to tribal, if Frannie dropped, she goes to tribal but is safe and Matt whose team won would also be safe, I'm still mad about that even though I loved how the season ended)

That move by Julie now makes her one of the big players to the jury so now she needs to go. Immunity win and a successful idol play (which the jury will find out from one of the Reba members that she got it from Austin and KEPT IT), that's a threat.

Last edited by Majingir; 12-06-2023 at 09:52 PM.
Old 12-07-2023, 04:24 AM   #68
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

Am I tripping, why does everyone get so scared of a motherly figure? Modern survivor is about stating your case as a player. Just being a nice person only can get you so far. And Julie has said multiple times she’s had to make votes that hurt so I don’t think she had the jury votes they all were convinced she did.

Austin is a total idiot and almost played himself out of the game. Even without getting voted out, his case is slipping. What strategy has he had? What votes has he steered? Drew is the brains behind the duo, Austin just had the idols — then he gave one away and screwed everyone else. Does he plan on taking Dee to the end? One of your people won’t make it so you got to make the cut eventually. You’re so deep in the game I don’t see how you can’t do the simple math there. Gone at 4-5 or gone at 7, this is about as far as any alliance can really go. I would never trust anyone to keep their word and go as a 3 or 4 to the final because by then your group will also have a clear hierarchy and the bottom will try to eat the top otherwise there’s no point.

Glad Julie came to her senses and got Emily out. I cannot believe everyone else continued to sleep on her.

Dee also seems to be falling off. She called the shot on Kendra, and has been competitive in challenge. She seems to be the leader between her and Julie, but clearly Julie has passed her in moves and in standing amongst the group. They just gave her a signature move sooo they either handed her the title or they’re just kicking the can on voting her out. Their strategy is baffling, probably because there isn’t one. It’s all emotion driven so I think they’re losing their case at the top.

Drew
Julie
Katurrah
Dee
Jake
Austin

New power rankings, lol. And it sounds like Drew & Julie will get in to it next week so I think one of them will be chopped. I told my wife Katurrah has become a dark horse. Let Reba figure out how they’re gonna pick each other off, let their strongest fall, then she can sneak in. I think she’ll make a great case and convince people. She’s been kind of an Emily Lite imo. I think she’s seeing her path to the final and title involves Jake and they’re looking to make a move on one of Reba.

Quote:
Old 12-07-2023, 01:57 PM   #69

Majingir's Arena

They see Julie as a threat because like someone said (might have been Drew), Julie can backstab someone and would still get their vote because everyone loves the motherly figure. You're not voting against "Mama J" to win are you?

Julie and anyone else could make the exact same move, people are probably more likely to forgive her over the other person for that very reason.
Old 12-07-2023, 11:27 PM   #70

Majingir's Arena

I just saw someone post the video for that challenge Emily was tasked with.

There's no way she or anyone was completing that. Don't know why they'd even have that on Survivor.
Old 12-08-2023, 08:12 AM   #71
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
I just saw someone post the video for that challenge Emily was tasked with.

There's no way she or anyone was completing that. Don't know why they'd even have that on Survivor.

Was that the same as the one they tried to have the two groups do after hauling all those logs in episode 1? The one neither team could figure out so they both didn’t get I think it was beginning supplies.

Emily said she’s not good at like, quick crunching numbers in her head. I didn’t think she would go for this puzzle either. I probably would’ve made the same decision as her. Everyone takes the challenge because hey I’m on Survivor, but there’s real strategy to be considered.

Quote:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2023, 08:27 AM   #72

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
Was that the same as the one they tried to have the two groups do after hauling all those logs in episode 1? The one neither team could figure out so they both didn’t get I think it was beginning supplies.

Emily said she’s not good at like, quick crunching numbers in her head. I didn’t think she would go for this puzzle either. I probably would’ve made the same decision as her. Everyone takes the challenge because hey I’m on Survivor, but there’s real strategy to be considered.
I think it's a different one.

This is the one she was supposed to solve.

https://youtu.be/B-EB9Q-JqXA?feature=shared

This shouldn't be an individual advantage puzzle, it should be an immunity challenge puzzle (like when they have challenges in stages, this should be the final stage).

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »