Home

When Will The Official Reveal Happen?

This is a discussion on When Will The Official Reveal Happen? within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-13-2024, 02:07 PM   #473
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: When Will The Official Reveal Happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
It does suck that the game still isn't coming out - at this point they've gotta be 'pivoting' to 2025 or '26, right - after all this damn time.

Still, Top Spin returning can be looked at as a good thing that Take-Two/2K are legitimately 'reinvesting' in sports titles (beyond NBA & WWE).

They'll now have pro basketball, pro wrestling, golf and tennis in their sports portfolio. Which hopefully means that the return of pro football (in some form or fashion) could be in the near future.

I'm hoping beyond hope that they are also thinking about bringing back hockey or baseball. Probably not that case, but let a brother dream big.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Don't forget college basketball
They stop because the NCAA License was too expensive but now they don't have to deal with them just the CLC
Old 03-13-2024, 02:15 PM   #474
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless

They stop because the NCAA License was too expensive but now they don't have to deal with them just the CLC
True, I forgot about college basketball.

I remember the games not selling well, so it would be interesting to see how they would budget it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 03-13-2024, 02:18 PM   #475
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
College Basketball ending for 2k was more because it wasn't selling well. College Basketball is more niche sport than College Football. I think from 2007-2013, 2k Sports/Take-Two was dropping any title that wasn't selling well.

I just don't think College Basketball has the same type of demand that College Football. Unless there is a transcendent player, most casual fans don't tune in until it's time for brackets and March Madness. I think NCAA has association with March Madness license than the College Football Bowls
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2024, 07:46 PM   #476
MVP

simbayless's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
College Basketball ending for 2k was more because it wasn't selling well. College Basketball is more niche sport than College Football. I think from 2007-2013, 2k Sports/Take-Two was dropping any title that wasn't selling well.

I just don't think College Basketball has the same type of demand that College Football. Unless there is a transcendent player, most casual fans don't tune in until it's time for brackets and March Madness. I think NCAA has association with March Madness license than the College Football Bowls
Micro- transactions as much as I hate that
VC could revived a lot of sports titles
Including the most hated 2k boxing game Prize fighter 🥊
Old 03-13-2024, 08:38 PM   #477
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Micro- transactions as much as I hate that
VC could revived a lot of sports titles
Including the most hated 2k boxing game Prize fighter 🥊
I get the MTX angle. But, I think MTX is a more viable option in College Football than College Basketball. For me, the main 3 ways MTX are implemented in sports games are UT/MT/Card Packs, DLC, and forcing it in offline mode behind a grind wall. IMO, the biggest way is the Card Packs. I don't think CBB will have the same type of impact in Card Packs compared to a CFB. For me, it's a bigger difference in a college football legend than a college basketball legend. The problem with using current NBA stars is that most were 1-2 year players and they weren't really "stars" in college, or you have the overseas and G-League guys. At least with the NFL stars, they had 3-4 years in college and you associate them more with their college team than NBA guys. Even with the college legends who didn't pan out, I feel the College Football Legends have more of a buzz than a College Basketball legend. A Colt McCoy, Tebow, Percy Harvin CFB UT Card would do more than a Tyler Hansbrough, Jimmer Ferdette, or Doug McDermott card.

I do believe that 2k Sports are trying to expand the Sports games portfolio. But, I feel that for 2k, 2k College Hoops would be more of a passion project. At least for EA CFB, the buzz and demand is there for the game where they are going to bring in revenue.
Old 03-16-2024, 07:31 AM   #478
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10

Agreed.

I do wonder though since 2k is so much bigger a brand now, especially for basketball, if the game would do better today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2024, 09:44 AM   #479
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
Agreed.

I do wonder though since 2k is so much bigger a brand now, especially for basketball, if the game would do better today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2k Sports is a much bigger brand than when it was still referred as Visual Concepts. We do have to remember that Visual Concepts(When Sega was still running things) was the new kid on the block. If Visual Concepts had the same reputation reputation that 2k Sports has now, I feel All Pro 2k8 would've done better

But, when it comes to College Basketball. I just don't think the market is there for it. It never sold well in the past. It's a very niche sport. College Football is a niche sport as well. But, the causal fan will tune into a regular season came for College Football compared to CBB. The marquee CFB games was reaching 5M-10M viewers.CBB is only getting 1-2M viewers until March Madness. Just not sure the market is there for CBB and not sure it'll bring in revenue to make if worthwhile
Old 03-22-2024, 10:37 PM   #480
MVP

simbayless's Arena

If this is true about GTA being Delayed to 2026
Expect 2k to release next year!

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...BKV6cKuuw&s=19

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »