Home

When Will The Official Reveal Happen?

This is a discussion on When Will The Official Reveal Happen? within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-31-2024, 09:51 PM   #489
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: When Will The Official Reveal Happen?

That footage of Topspin makes me wish for NFL 2K. Seeing the fans in the stands and some of the courts and details seem like a teaser for NFL stadiums. I could just be delusional and in denial.
Old 04-06-2024, 09:48 AM   #490
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

A Eras game with fake teams would be a happy medium for me
Basically fantasy football
So if I wanted to draft Joe Montana and emmit smith i won't feel weird because it's fake teams
Old 04-06-2024, 01:51 PM   #491
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
A Eras game with fake teams would be a happy medium for me
Basically fantasy football
So if I wanted to draft Joe Montana and emmit smith i won't feel weird because it's fake teams
With all due respect, we just had that in All Pro Football 2K8 (maybe not exactly what you're talking about), and this brought about some negative items on my end:

1) Generic players were always inferior, and sometimes outright dog****.

2) I felt like this crippled any chance of having a legitimate franchise mode since ages can't be accounted for anymore, though I think how Super Mega Baseball 4 handles it is they give that player their prime age of whatever version of them they're referring to (like an older David Ortiz vs. a younger one, etc.), so while it's possible I felt like this was a crippling effect... plus eventually in franchise you just end up only having dog**** generic players if they last long enough.

If they could remedy those things, I suppose it's all possible. I'd prefer to go fully generic instead though, especially if customizable but even if not. I would love to learn my own guys and the league that way, just as I do in SMB (and those names carry into future installments as well).
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2024, 07:25 PM   #492
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
With all due respect, we just had that in All Pro Football 2K8 (maybe not exactly what you're talking about), and this brought about some negative items on my end:

1) Generic players were always inferior, and sometimes outright dog****.

2) I felt like this crippled any chance of having a legitimate franchise mode since ages can't be accounted for anymore, though I think how Super Mega Baseball 4 handles it is they give that player their prime age of whatever version of them they're referring to (like an older David Ortiz vs. a younger one, etc.), so while it's possible I felt like this was a crippling effect... plus eventually in franchise you just end up only having dog**** generic players if they last long enough.

If they could remedy those things, I suppose it's all possible. I'd prefer to go fully generic instead though, especially if customizable but even if not. I would love to learn my own guys and the league that way, just as I do in SMB (and those names carry into future installments as well).
Disagree with the first part of this, having bad players and having to play to your teams strengths whiles mitigating the weaknesses was a breath of fresh air.

One of my biggest gripes with current football games is every team feels exactly the same, every player that isn’t rated in the 90s feels exactly the same.

There is no need for depth, a 60 rated left tackle and a 70 rated tackle play exactly the same.

I loved having say a pass blocking offense line that struggled vs the run, or a balanced secondary who was serviceable at coverage and run support but not great at either, it just lead to so much replayability.

Not to mention the other later of strategy it added, have a bad secondary? Better make sure you have a good front 4 that can get after the qb, want to spend your star players on the secondary? Cool but I hope they can cover forever because you aren’t going to get a pass rush, so you better be bringing extra guys on the blitz.

Last edited by SolidSquid; 04-10-2024 at 07:27 PM.
Old 04-10-2024, 07:59 PM   #493
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Disagree with the first part of this, having bad players and having to play to your teams strengths whiles mitigating the weaknesses was a breath of fresh air.

One of my biggest gripes with current football games is every team feels exactly the same, every player that isn’t rated in the 90s feels exactly the same.

There is no need for depth, a 60 rated left tackle and a 70 rated tackle play exactly the same.

I loved having say a pass blocking offense line that struggled vs the run, or a balanced secondary who was serviceable at coverage and run support but not great at either, it just lead to so much replayability.

Not to mention the other later of strategy it added, have a bad secondary? Better make sure you have a good front 4 that can get after the qb, want to spend your star players on the secondary? Cool but I hope they can cover forever because you aren’t going to get a pass rush, so you better be bringing extra guys on the blitz.
My point was more like I had no reason to throw to my generic TE because he would just drop the passes half the time, whilst if I have Jerry Rice he's going to one-hand catch all day and take it to the house against their scrub CB.

I didn't like that there weren't "diamond in the rough" generic players to round out the legends, and that the legends had to have colored stars underneath them to stand out from the rest of the bunch so I know who to target, who to avoid, etc. If they were treated more the same on the field (not balanced by ability, but balanced by perceived opportunity), then it would make those generics feel more special as a whole.

And like I said, this game wouldn't have had an answer for a franchise mode if legends would eventually retire and every new player would be rated sub-70. I'm sure a future title could respond to that just fine, but their system at the time wasn't having any of it. The only good players were legends.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-10-2024, 08:42 PM   #494
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I will say I always had one generic DB who would occasionally make plays. But, I agree that I never considered throwing to generic WRs/TEs. It would've been nice to have diamond in the rough generic players. I do agree that the I don't see how they could've had a franchise mode in that format
Old 04-15-2024, 05:52 AM   #495
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

This made me wanna play some first person football in nfl2k5 - https://fb.watch/rsIm5xllYV/?mibextid=RtaFA8

The UFL (XFL and USFL merged) is always innovating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2024, 08:53 AM   #496
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
This made me wanna play some first person football in nfl2k5 - https://fb.watch/rsIm5xllYV/?mibextid=RtaFA8

The UFL (XFL and USFL merged) is always innovating.
This is where 2k needs be working with tbh
Instead of going against their sim morals
Why not make a deal the the UFL🤔
Madden would be happy,NFL happy,2k would be happy
Since the NFL is partner up with the UFL🤷

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »