Home

When Will The Official Reveal Happen?

This is a discussion on When Will The Official Reveal Happen? within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-14-2022, 09:25 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
When Will The Official Reveal Happen?

people fail to realize that all of 2ks resources have gone into their basketball game for a good decade...both their baseball and hockey series were cancelled, not cuz of an exclusive license but because no one was buying them anymore...in an alternate reality where 2k football still existed their nba series wouldn’t have been the nba live-killer that it was cuz they wouldn’t have been able to allocate the same number of resources into developing the game as those resources would have to be shared with the nfl series...bottom line stop looking for 2k to be your savior, Apf 2k8 was garbage and so is the new game likely but I hope i’m proven wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-21-2022, 10:08 AM   #74
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: When Will The Official Reveal Happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSL97
people fail to realize that all of 2ks resources have gone into their basketball game for a good decade...both their baseball and hockey series were cancelled, not cuz of an exclusive license but because no one was buying them anymore...in an alternate reality where 2k football still existed their nba series wouldn’t have been the nba live-killer that it was cuz they wouldn’t have been able to allocate the same number of resources into developing the game as those resources would have to be shared with the nfl series...bottom line stop looking for 2k to be your savior, Apf 2k8 was garbage and so is the new game likely but I hope i’m proven wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I think EA did more to destroy NBA Live than 2k did. It started with NBA Elite 11. They cancelled like 3 games. It was amateur hour over there lol.
Old 06-22-2022, 06:56 PM   #75
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

So... EA announced Madden 23 back on June 1st. We even know a bit more about the next College Football game... in 2023. Two years later and not a word from 2K. Yes, we get that it's not a simulation game which again nobody really knows that definition other than EA, NFL and 2K.

I feel like if it's something like NBA Playgrounds or WWE Battlegrounds, just announce it. The longer this goes, I feel like it's going to be a letdown and everyone will be saying... "Should have told us this before, etc." I get the delay due to COVID or that the game wasn't ready, but if the game was delayed when it was supposed to been released last year, the game has to be close to being released right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2022, 02:40 PM   #76
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
So... EA announced Madden 23 back on June 1st. We even know a bit more about the next College Football game... in 2023. Two years later and not a word from 2K. Yes, we get that it's not a simulation game which again nobody really knows that definition other than EA, NFL and 2K.

I feel like if it's something like NBA Playgrounds or WWE Battlegrounds, just announce it. The longer this goes, I feel like it's going to be a letdown and everyone will be saying... "Should have told us this before, etc." I get the delay due to COVID or that the game wasn't ready, but if the game was delayed when it was supposed to been released last year, the game has to be close to being released right?
When you beg for PR, you are begging to be manipulated. You are investing so much into something you know so little about, something that will release when it releases and be what it is regardless of a single bit of news that you get about it.

If I were a PR person, I would just scratch you off the list of someone to worry about. Their PR is for someone else, and it doesn't appear the time to do that is right for them.
Old 06-30-2022, 11:58 AM   #77
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
When you beg for PR, you are begging to be manipulated. You are investing so much into something you know so little about, something that will release when it releases and be what it is regardless of a single bit of news that you get about it.

If I were a PR person, I would just scratch you off the list of someone to worry about. Their PR is for someone else, and it doesn't appear the time to do that is right for them.
Getting annoyed with people on here disregarding people's frustrations with the lack of news. People are well within their rights to voice their opinions without being dismissed with this whole '2k doesn't care about you' narrative. Some folks on here swear they're on 2k's PR team.

Last edited by speedy9386; 06-30-2022 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-30-2022, 12:47 PM   #78
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

For reference, WWE Battlegrounds was officially anounced in late April 2020 and released on September 18th, 2020.

So if a similar styled NFL2K game is going be released before the season, then there is a lack of information at this point. There just is.

There may be a remote possiblity of some language in 2K's agreement with the NFL that they won't reveal to interfere with Madden's reveal but that doesn't make alot of sense considering 2K and EA's acrimonious relationship and just from a straight up business angle.

Optimistically, I'm hoping for a major reveal that's so big that 2K hopes to capitalize on the hype. But a little more realistically, it's looking like 2K wants to fly under the radar and keeps expectations down with this gane.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 07-01-2022, 01:52 PM   #79
Rookie

rd1981's Arena

I wonder if NBA 2K news will end up dropping before NFL 2K. The NBA cover athlete will probably drop any day now. We already know its Booker.
But I guess they could drop news for both games at the same time
Old 07-02-2022, 12:01 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 3

It really doesn't matter. 2k had a chance to make a NFL customizable game in All Pro 2k8, and instead made a game that is impossible to have a 32 controllable team league like the NFL and Madden. They feared the EA Sports License, and they will do it again. I'll bet anyone that their next game will be either Arcade, 7 on 7, or something like that, that is not editable to compete with Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »