Home

When Will The Official Reveal Happen?

This is a discussion on When Will The Official Reveal Happen? within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-07-2022, 05:34 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: When Will The Official Reveal Happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
The announcement of the 2k/NFL partnership said the first game was expected to release 2021. Then they announced the game was delayed to fiscal year 2022.

The Lego series first two games announced were Soccer this fall around World Cup time and a racing game in 2023.

So the new 2k game is this year and a Lego football wouldn’t release until 2023 if they even are making NFL Lego.

Lots of possibilities for what this years 2k football game will be, Lego isn’t one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Technically it was delayed to fiscal year 2023, calendar year 2022. Their fiscal year 2022 just ended in March. Everything else is exactly what I was getting at.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2022, 06:34 PM   #66
Rookie

ElectricAggie's Arena

OVR: 0

Not sure anyone has brought this up yet, but I looked up the announcement and release dates of All Pro Football 2K8 just to get a rough estimate on a timeline.

I found an article that announced APF 2K8 on February 1st, 2007:
https://www.videogamer.com/news/2k-s...-football-2k8/

APF 2K8 was released July 16th, 2007. If we are hoping for a summer release, I would think that something should've been announced by now. But who knows, this could be a completely different type of product with a different timeline compared to APF. Just thought it might be interesting to compare to APF.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Houston Rockets

Old 04-08-2022, 12:15 AM   #67
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
I meant the 2K football game you have enough details on to know when they should and shouldn’t be releasing PR, and what kind of game it will be.

My entire point was that they needed a couple of other Lego sports titles out first as a proof of concept. If they launched with Lego NFL Superstars 2K23, it would get destroyed, no matter how good it was. If they get a soccer and racing game going, it would make it hardier to dump on the NFL version.

That would also explain radio silence. The people they would sell Lego NFL to don’t even know they would want a Lego sports game yet, like my wife. She put in as much time on FH4 as I did, and almost entirely in Lego.

So if they were in discussions with Lego, this seems like an easy path to get EA the NFL to go along.

Still, it’s just speculation. It explains why. EA made the statement they made, and why 2K says nothing. I mean, there is going to be a backlash regardless. But releasing a couple of other sports games first would be the way to do it. Heck, it may have been an arcade game that is going to be easily converted to Lego.

I never understand why the same people that think they have some sort of right to know never think a business has a right to release information on a schedule it finds more productive.

Up until the Lego announcement, I’ve assumed NFL2K My Team with limited players available, and no way to recreate an NFL season.

But again, until it releases, it doesn’t matter how good or bad it will be.
I never understand people that think the consumer who is paying there hard earned money can't have expectations on getting information regarding products they are interested in. That should be a privilege for these companies to have there consumer engaged in there product.
Old 04-08-2022, 12:37 AM   #68

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
I never understand people that think the consumer who is paying there hard earned money can't have expectations on getting information regarding products they are interested in. That should be a privilege for these companies to have there consumer engaged in there product.

Yet here you are, interested in a product you know nothing about and still wondering why a company can withhold information and get away with it.
Old 04-08-2022, 05:10 AM   #69
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Yet here you are, interested in a product you know nothing about and still wondering why a company can withhold information and get away with it.
I do know something about the product. It's a NFL licensed football game being developed by 2K sports and I never said they couldn't withhold information. Whether they choose to withhold information or not, I still have the right to care or question as to why. Your point is lost on me. Everyone has an opinion including obviously you and isn't that what forums are for, but that doesn't make either of us right or wrong. Some people act as if they have a God complex and can think for everyone.

Last edited by tsbmolina; 04-08-2022 at 05:30 AM.
Old 04-08-2022, 09:50 AM   #70
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
Three things.

1. You haven’t given them a dime.

2. The fact that you think they should treat you as an “paying customer” is EXACTLY why they don’t need to spend a dime or any time marketing to you.

3. Threads like this are why developers and publishers ignore this forum, so I assume their preference is that our demographic move on and play something else, because we think being a good sports gamer means holding their feet to the fire. They make more money if we go away.
Old 04-08-2022, 10:50 AM   #71
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Three things.

1. You haven’t given them a dime.

2. The fact that you think they should treat you as an “paying customer” is EXACTLY why they don’t need to spend a dime or any time marketing to you.

3. Threads like this are why developers and publishers ignore this forum, so I assume their preference is that our demographic move on and play something else, because we think being a good sports gamer means holding their feet to the fire. They make more money if we go away.
Try again.......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2022, 06:00 PM   #72
MVP

simbayless's Arena

The whole football world asking 2k like this lol👇
Attached Images
File Type: gif IMG_20220414_170910.gif (321.4 KB, 226 views)

Last edited by simbayless; 04-14-2022 at 06:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »