Home

AI Passes 75% of the Time

This is a discussion on AI Passes 75% of the Time within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-19-2023, 02:44 PM   #41
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: AI Passes 75% of the Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueHominid
When was the last time they had this right?

I feel like it was some time in the last 3 cycles, but I can’t remember when.

If they could tune this about 15%, I’d be super happy.
You used to be able to assign generic playbooks like pass balanced,run balanced,balanced,spread and such and get close to the ratio you would want

I don't know which year this was taken out but I remember you could do this most of last gen up to around "19 or '20 anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2023, 09:56 AM   #42
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
You used to be able to assign generic playbooks like pass balanced,run balanced,balanced,spread and such and get close to the ratio you would want

I don't know which year this was taken out but I remember you could do this most of last gen up to around "19 or '20 anyway.
There used to be a lot of things in this game you could do to make the experience your own. Now it's as if EA forces you to have the experience they want you to have. Why can't I pick weather in my franchise games? Why does it take an hour to do a 32 man franchise when it's a simple toggle switch in MLB the Show? Why do I have to have 2 controllers to give the CPU a different playbook? Why? Why? Why? This game is equal parts awesome and frustrating.
Old 11-20-2023, 10:24 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

The gameplay on All Madden would be so much better if they fix this ratio and all tight Ends don't run routes like Justin Jefferson. I think they need to get back to the run/pass ratio system for each coach.
Old 11-20-2023, 05:41 PM   #44
Pro

I just tried giving a custom run heavy playbook using 2 controllers and it made the game crash or the other team would disappear (legit glitch). Then I just tried giving the CPU the generic run heavy playbook. I turned it off when it was 27 passes to 9 runs (3 of which were scrambles). This is straight up ridiculous that this is broken and there really isn't a workaround.

Last edited by tdogg097; 11-21-2023 at 02:07 AM.
Old 11-21-2023, 08:03 AM   #45
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

There is a workaround, and you will call me a dumb--- and move on; however, it is a way I've played for years: I play as both offenses.

It isn't for everyone, but I play both offenses because 1. Playing defense is boring, 2. I want to control what I couldn't control, i.e., clock, play calling, and game management.

Mind you, my franchise is played out as a season more as building a franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2023, 09:44 AM   #46
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
There is a workaround, and you will call me a dumb--- and move on; however, it is a way I've played for years: I play as both offenses.

It isn't for everyone, but I play both offenses because 1. Playing defense is boring, 2. I want to control what I couldn't control, i.e., clock, play calling, and game management.

Mind you, my franchise is played out as a season more as building a franchise.
I experimented with this a little bit but it's just too much of a hassle for me. I don't really want to play offense when I know what the defense has called. I'm not really willing to wait for the clock to expire for it to auto call a play.

And the reality is I'm actually having fun playing defense. I have not played this much on the defensive side of the ball in years. It's fun. But it's not realistic because you know stopping the pass is the key to victory every single game. The worse the opposing QB is the better odds of winning. There is simply no balance in the game.

After looking thru the playbooks it's obvious EA has just ignored this area. Jets PB is a good example. If you look at the play call scripts they have 5 scenarios for the Red Zone. It's like they forgot to clean it up.
Old 11-21-2023, 11:37 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 0

Has anyone looked at whether the CPU game plan has an affect on what plays they call in game?
Old 11-21-2023, 12:33 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
I experimented with this a little bit but it's just too much of a hassle for me. I don't really want to play offense when I know what the defense has called. I'm not really willing to wait for the clock to expire for it to auto call a play.

And the reality is I'm actually having fun playing defense. I have not played this much on the defensive side of the ball in years. It's fun. But it's not realistic because you know stopping the pass is the key to victory every single game. The worse the opposing QB is the better odds of winning. There is simply no balance in the game.

After looking thru the playbooks it's obvious EA has just ignored this area. Jets PB is a good example. If you look at the play call scripts they have 5 scenarios for the Red Zone. It's like they forgot to clean it up.
I think the idea is, you play against your own team when your opponent has the ball. Not necessarily controlling both teams. You switch to the other team, and that was you don't know what defense is called.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »