Home

AI Passes 75% of the Time

This is a discussion on AI Passes 75% of the Time within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-27-2023, 11:49 AM   #73
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: AI Passes 75% of the Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML
This makes sense from a high level but I don't really see this being applied throughout the entire game besides obvious passing downs. I understand the logic they are trying to apply to 3rd and long of course, but what about 1st and 10 etc.? Also, even in third and long scenarios there shouldn't be a pass play called 100% of the time. I'm not sure the CPU has ever called a draw play on third down against me - at least not in recent memory. Still, there should be way more run plays called, especially if the CPU is up 3 touchdowns late in the game regardless of down and distance. The Eagles run the ball 42% of the time this year so there's really no reason for there to be 6 designed run plays called in a game regardless of the scenario unless the game is being played on 2 minute quarters. In general I think that the attempt to milk the clock by the CPU at any point in the game regardless of down, distance, and score doesn't really exist.
If a playbook doesnt have a run play assigned to 3rd and long, you wont get a run play, unless its the 4th quarter and the offense is up by 17 or more - then you might get one, because they convert it to a different situation (i.e. 2nd and short , for example).
Old 11-27-2023, 12:07 PM   #74
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneTheMaster
If a playbook doesnt have a run play assigned to 3rd and long, you wont get a run play, unless its the 4th quarter and the offense is up by 17 or more - then you might get one, because they convert it to a different situation (i.e. 2nd and short , for example).
Makes sense - I guess it's simply too big of an assumption that all 32 NFL playbooks have designs like this. Although like I stated in my other post, most of the playbooks are copy + paste with 1-2 unique formations sprinkled in.
Old 11-27-2023, 12:15 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML
Makes sense - I guess it's simply too big of an assumption that all 32 NFL playbooks have designs like this. Although like I stated in my other post, most of the playbooks are copy + paste with 1-2 unique formations sprinkled in.
You can tell when you edit playbooks when making customs that the scenarios are not all equally well developed. It’s like they did some teams thoroughly and rushed through other teams, for some reason.

Honestly, they need to do what the PC guys did and totally revamp how the plays metatagged.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2023, 05:57 PM   #76
Pro

OVR: 1

I've been slow simming a lot of games to work on sim stats. I've gone thru about 10 games now. Sometimes I went with whatever playbook was assigned. Other times I went with a generic book. I did 15 minute quarters with no clock mods. Each team runs 100-120 plays a game. This was the run/pass ratio.

1154 passes (66.5%)
580 runs (33.5%)

Those are pretty terrible splits when you consider the Commanders have the highest pass % and they are at 68%. It's like playing the Commanders every week.

I did give the Bears the generic Spread PB. They had 47 passes, 46 runs. I'm to give a pass happy team the same playbook and see what they have for a ratio.
Old 11-27-2023, 06:49 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 0

I just uploaded a test playbook.

File Name: RUNHVY1
PSN: Iteachhistory78

It is hopefully designed to provide more running game for the AI. I would appreciate any findings.
Old 11-27-2023, 07:31 PM   #78
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
I just uploaded a test playbook.

File Name: RUNHVY1
PSN: Iteachhistory78

It is hopefully designed to provide more running game for the AI. I would appreciate any findings.
Are you able to assign a custom book to the CPU? This causes the game to crash or have no players on the field when I try.
Old 11-27-2023, 07:37 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
Are you able to assign a custom book to the CPU? This causes the game to crash or have no players on the field when I try.
In Play Now you can using a 2nd controller, with a second profile that has the playbook downloaded. You can then assign it and then before the kickoff go to controller select and move it back to the middle. the kickoff you have to be both teams but then the AI takes over that team.

It does not work in Franchise except for CPU vs CPU. There is a work around by creating a player for the team you are going to play. I think you use a 3rd string QB to make it work.
Old 11-27-2023, 11:33 PM   #80
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I always wonder if they make on the fly changes to online CFMs, or if there is some algorithm that changes the way the CPU calls plays by taking in live data.

My last 3 CFM games the CPU has run the ball 20+ times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »