Home

AI Passes 75% of the Time

This is a discussion on AI Passes 75% of the Time within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-14-2024, 02:32 PM   #433
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: AI Passes 75% of the Time

I dont know if this is any kind of answer, but I started an offline CFM using preseason roster. Through preseason I lost my 98 RE, 84 DT, 79 DT, 81 MLB. All for 4 to 8 weeks. I didnt go to FA and sign any big rating guys as the Browns are strapped in yr1.
On to what I noticed. Dline all being sub 80 rated guys and a avg MLB. ROLB 81. Every team Ive played including Bengals and Chiefs, 2 teams that are always pass heavier then other teams I play. Bengals ran almost 30x and Chiefs ran 37x. Burrows passing 27 and MaHomomes passing 32.
I know everyone is RAH RAH about the play call ratings and Im only 5 weeks in, but it seems like im seeing more running against me where with a healthy Dline runs come a lot tougher. I wonder if you get to strong a defense line if that also (could) effect play calling. Just a thought and something Ive observed.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 04-16-2024, 08:23 AM   #434
Just started!

I play multiple games per NFL week so I have more influence over the leagues stats compared to the average franchise player.
Old 04-23-2024, 10:49 AM   #435
Rookie

I've been paying close attention to the stats in my most recent franchise. I play 11 minute quarters with 15 second runoff. Observations:

- In played games, the CPU passes 68.2% of the time.
- In simmed games, the CPU passes 51.7% of the time.
- In the NFL, the average team passes 57.5% of the time.

So, in played games, the CPU passes significantly more than it does in simmed games, which results in (a) my defense usually being one of the worst in the league in pass yards against but (b) among the leaders in rush yards against. This also affects total defense because, on average, the CPU gets more yards per pass attempt than rush attempt.

The yards-per-pass attempt is a problem even in simmed games, insofar as the simmed YPA is 7.6 yards, whereas it is only 6.7 yards in the NFL. So passing is heavily favored in Madden -- even more than a pass-happy NFL. Even so, I would be fine with played games approximating simmed stats (rather than NFL stats) so that the CFM stats are comparable. (Ideally, simmed and played YPA would be around the 6.7 YPA in the NFL.)

In any event, it would be nice if Madden: (a) made run-pass ratios similar in played and simmed games and (for a bonus) (b) changed gameplay so that the YPA in played and simmed games is more in line with NFL averages. Meantime, I'll just have to live with my worst-in-the-league pass defense on account of the messed up run-pass ratios in played games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2024, 12:22 PM   #436
Rookie

Mr. Face's Arena

OVR: 9

The only solution I've found for even semi-realistic stats in CPU vs CPU specifically is to have everyone using the Titans playbook lol

I've dabbled with letting whoever has Lamar Jackson keep/use the Ravens playbook but even that gets sketchy really fast from a balance standpoint.

It's really annoying that this is even the kind of solution we have to come up with. The NFL is a pass-first league, sure, but good lord lol
XLIX
LI
LIII
Old 04-27-2024, 09:00 AM   #437
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

The Fullback position is all but dead, and now if EA has their way, the Halfback position will put its other foot in the grave sooner rather than later. Jim Brown and John Madden are turning over in their grave and Barry Sanders is turning over on his couch. Shame on Electronic fARTS Sports.
#44Syracuse

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »