Home

AI Passes 75% of the Time

This is a discussion on AI Passes 75% of the Time within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-22-2023, 07:47 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: AI Passes 75% of the Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
Just as a side note, this is all true for Play Now games as well. I have tried multiple playbooks and continue to get the same results.

I have tried the generic Run Heavy, West Coast, Bears, Cowboys, and Titans playbooks to just name a few. The results are always pretty much the same. The CPU throws over 40 times a game every time, regardless of the playbook.

I know that most people are concerned with Franchise mode, but I just want to point out this is for sure an issue outside of just that mode.

I am hopeful, but not expecting EA to fix it.
For Play Now, there is a custom book in the vault called Runheavy...it seems to offer some hope for Play Now folks. Just be careful...there are a few books with the Runheavy type name or a derivation of it...the one I am referring to is specifically called Runheavy.
Old 11-22-2023, 11:02 AM   #58
Rookie

Better yet stecropper posted a book called 60s. Check it out in Play Now..very good
Old 11-22-2023, 11:59 AM   #59
Pro

OVR: 1

Last game played and I gave the Chiefs the Bears PB. 31 pass, 28 run. One thing I have noticed with the bears PB is all the passes are dink and dunk. High completion %, low yardage. I don't know why but I have gotten smoked by the CPU when I give them the Bears PB.
Old 11-22-2023, 12:01 PM   #60
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamingguy2023
For Play Now, there is a custom book in the vault called Runheavy...it seems to offer some hope for Play Now folks. Just be careful...there are a few books with the Runheavy type name or a derivation of it...the one I am referring to is specifically called Runheavy.
Yeah, I have used it many times, and have had little to no success with it. It is a playbook I used with great success in play now and franchise mode in M23 and other prior Maddens. However, there seems to simply be a problem with M24. I have the occasional game where the CPU will run more than others, but it is still bad and never consistent.

For instance I have used the Cowboys playbook last night and the CPU ran well and often with it. It was nice to see. I then played a second game with the same playbook and it was like the running game didn't exist for the CPU.
Old 11-22-2023, 12:05 PM   #61
MVP

i have not yet done anything with custom playbooks with M24, but I made a lot for M20. I am going to give it shot with M24. However, that will mean I will be only using Play Now for my classic rosters. I will go back to keeping all of my stats on my own. But it seems like I have little choice at this point if I want to play M24.

But I will say, every time I play M21, I have a great experience. So part of me says to simply go back to what works and enjoy M21.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2023, 12:43 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
i have not yet done anything with custom playbooks with M24, but I made a lot for M20. I am going to give it shot with M24. However, that will mean I will be only using Play Now for my classic rosters. I will go back to keeping all of my stats on my own. But it seems like I have little choice at this point if I want to play M24.

But I will say, every time I play M21, I have a great experience. So part of me says to simply go back to what works and enjoy M21.
Try 60s by stecropper. Lmk what you think.
Old 11-22-2023, 01:02 PM   #63
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

At least most of the plays in all of the playbooks are the same minus player/team specific packages/formations so the changing of playbooks is barely noticeable lol
Old 11-23-2023, 07:12 AM   #64
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

The way I play is using 32 team control;

I pick a team and start the game and then supersim(play by play) the first half of the game
(only takes 5 minutes to do) then play the 2nd half,

By doing this the run-pass ratio ends up fairly close and you end up with 4 or 5 penalties as well while simming and a few more in the 2nd half.

I'm averaging right at 8 penalties per game and can get through a week's of games in about a week while playing a part in each games outcome.
If you play 1 game a day this way you play 2.

This isn't for those that like to get through alot of seasons of a franchise though.

I use 10 minute qtrs with no accel.clock and get 120 plays per game

Last edited by gr18; 11-23-2023 at 07:28 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »