Home

AI Passes 75% of the Time

This is a discussion on AI Passes 75% of the Time within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-21-2023, 02:21 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: AI Passes 75% of the Time

Just finished a game in year 4 against the Jets. They had K.Pickett (70ish) at QB and B.Hall (90 ovr) at RB. They had 46 passes and ran 6 times for 31 yards. I won 35-6 because I was able to hold the passing game to 171 yards.

There is no other conclusion to make than playcalling is a extremely broken to the point the game is unplayable. You might get 20+ carries every now and then but it's so few and far between. EA needs to patch this because there is currently no workaround. Nor should there need to be a workaround.
Old 11-21-2023, 03:17 PM   #50
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

I went back through the Giants schedule since its the one team I have played every game for. Here are the results. I’ve made sure to count sacks as pass attempts.

Pass Attempts | Rush Attempts

Cowboys: 29 | 30
Cardinals: 28 | 14
49ers: 55 | 27
Seahawks: 50 | 26
Dolphins: 38 | 22
Bills: 29 | 15
Commanders: 19 | 14
Jets: 40 | 22
Raiders: 29 | 11
Cowboys: 37 | 24
Commanders: 36 | 14
Patriots: 27 | 17
Packers: 42 | 24
Saints: 52 | 12
Eagles: 34 | 9

The last 3 games came since my last slider update at the beginning of the month which aligns with the November 2nd title update. I just went back through the patch notes and there’s no mention of gameplan / cpu playcalling changes although that doesnt necessarily mean anything.

Side note; it looks like the Cowboys playbook gives a pretty decent spread?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-21-2023, 04:51 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

ML, does it look like the issue has gotten worse since the last update, or stayed the same?

It seems like your last 3 games show an uptick in pass rate, but I’m wondering what your impression is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2023, 06:07 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Through 4 games in franchise mode with the latest patch update, the CPU has thrown the ball 45+ times each game with less than 15 rushing attempts each game.

EA has screwed something up big time.

My last game vs the Chiefs had CPU Mahomes at 40 pass attempts in the 3rd quarter while they had 3 rush attempts on the entire game including one scramble by Mahomes. So they has called 41 drop backs to 2 rushes at that point.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 11-21-2023, 06:25 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 1

I just did a slow sim against the broncos. They have a scrambling QB so I gave them the Bears playbook. 38 passes, 37 runs.

I think from now on I'm just going to give any team with a scrambling QB the Bears playbook. For pocket passers I'm going to experiment with different playbooks. Cowboys (thanks ML) and maybe the 49ers. Might be the only workaround unless they surprise everyone with a patch.
Old 11-21-2023, 06:56 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Through 4 games in franchise mode with the latest patch update, the CPU has thrown the ball 45+ times each game with less than 15 rushing attempts each game.

EA has screwed something up big time.

My last game vs the Chiefs had CPU Mahomes at 40 pass attempts in the 3rd quarter while they had 3 rush attempts on the entire game including one scramble by Mahomes. So they has called 41 drop backs to 2 rushes at that point.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
This tracks with what I’m seeing in my games as well.

Does anyone know if the EA folks are aware that something may be amiss here?
Old 11-21-2023, 07:15 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 0

Just as a side note, this is all true for Play Now games as well. I have tried multiple playbooks and continue to get the same results.

I have tried the generic Run Heavy, West Coast, Bears, Cowboys, and Titans playbooks to just name a few. The results are always pretty much the same. The CPU throws over 40 times a game every time, regardless of the playbook.

I know that most people are concerned with Franchise mode, but I just want to point out this is for sure an issue outside of just that mode.

I am hopeful, but not expecting EA to fix it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2023, 01:31 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
I just did a slow sim against the broncos. They have a scrambling QB so I gave them the Bears playbook. 38 passes, 37 runs.

I think from now on I'm just going to give any team with a scrambling QB the Bears playbook. For pocket passers I'm going to experiment with different playbooks. Cowboys (thanks ML) and maybe the 49ers. Might be the only workaround unless they surprise everyone with a patch.
Let me know if you find an other balanced playbook, Bears is the only one that works for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »