Home

AI Passes 75% of the Time

This is a discussion on AI Passes 75% of the Time within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-18-2023, 10:00 AM   #17
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: AI Passes 75% of the Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
In my mind, there is no doubt CPU play calling is random. I have CPU RBs with over 100 yards in a half and then come out in the 2nd half and pass the rest of the game.

Even late in games when up by 4 or more, they never use prevent anymore and there is a good chance if you have a speedy WR, you will get a huge pass play just throwing streaks, especially if they press.

Sim stats seem ok to me though for CPU RBs.
So if I dove into Madden this week franchise wise and I wanted to see some somewhat realistic stats I'd have to basically just sim games or "play the moment" games?
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 11-18-2023, 10:09 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
So if I dove into Madden this week franchise wise and I wanted to see some somewhat realistic stats I'd have to basically just sim games or "play the moment" games?
If you jump into franchise you just have to say it is what it is. The CPU will throw 75% of the time. Only certain penalties are called, holding isn't one of them. Sim stats are okay at best. I did a deep dive on this and these are the biggest issues with sim stats. Pass attempts are too low by 100 per team. This also makes sacks too low and passer rating too high. RB not involved in the passing game. Too few fumbles. Too few field goals. Too many TDs, especially in the red zone.
Old 11-18-2023, 10:17 AM   #19
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
For me, it's like college football. CPU QB will typically pass 40+ times, scores will be high and even though games can be close as far as points go, I've been 32nd in defense for 2 straight seasons.

This is default AM, using 10m/20sec quarters.

Not to mention they increased the INTs by the CPU with the last TU so I'm usually like 20 TDs and 20 INTs in a season.
Old 11-18-2023, 10:35 AM   #20
Pro

Well this is disappointing. I created a custom playbook and 5 starred 10 running plays for every situation except 3rd and long. Slow simmed a game and my team ran 18 times and passed 44. Wtf? Maybe it's not a playbook issue. If that's the case there might not be a fix.

Last edited by tdogg097; 11-18-2023 at 11:01 AM.
Old 11-18-2023, 11:03 AM   #21
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

I have been enduring but losing patience.

Playing against the Steelers who climbed to a 13 point lead, but Pickett kept throwing and throwing inaccurately, clock wasn't moving, and I finally got things rolling and went ahead by 6.

Steelers are a franchise that hangs their hat on the run game yet ran the ball twice during that stretch of blowing a 13 point lead. So seriously, how can this be? Even if a team isn't a team with a strong running game, it will run the ball more than twice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2023, 11:26 AM   #22
Pro

The playcalling is hard broke. I'm using this playbook with all the runs starred and I stopped the game at 14 passes to 1 run. The game is programmed to throw this much.
Old 11-18-2023, 12:54 PM   #23
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
The playcalling is hard broke. I'm using this playbook with all the runs starred and I stopped the game at 14 passes to 1 run. The game is programmed to throw this much.
Are you able to run the same exercise in your franchise that I have in mine? What is the avg amount of carries for the top 10 backs in your league and through how many weeks?

I am trying to figure out why I am the only one seeing accurate carries per game. I'm using out of the box playbooks.
Old 11-18-2023, 01:55 PM   #24
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML
Are you able to run the same exercise in your franchise that I have in mine? What is the avg amount of carries for the top 10 backs in your league and through how many weeks?

I am trying to figure out why I am the only one seeing accurate carries per game. I'm using out of the box playbooks.
I don't know either.I'm getting what I consider a reasonable ratio.Its a little high like maybe 60/40 pass but unless I'm blowing the cpu out I haven't seen them hit 40 pass attempts and that's with getting 120+ plays per game.Granted the user typically ends up with more plays than the cpu.

As far as penalties, I edited all offensive linemen to 65 stamina and set my blocking to aggressive and am average close to 8 penalties per game.I usually end up on the higher end,around 5-3 but while I'd like to see a few more it's at least something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »