Home

AI Passes 75% of the Time

This is a discussion on AI Passes 75% of the Time within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-17-2023, 10:32 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: AI Passes 75% of the Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
I was having a ton of fun with my franchise until I realized how often the CPU was throwing regardless of game situation. I can't move forward with my franchise because of this issue. I've tried using different playbooks, including the Run Heavy PB, with no improvement. This is a game breaker.

It's a shame because the gameplay is really dialed in. Penalties, sim engine, and playcalling are straight broken. EA is either ignorant or indifferent. This game could be amazing if they would fix those major issues. Not real hopeful.
There was a recent cycle where they actually devoted some time to cleaning this issue up and made headway. I can’t remember which iteration, but I remember they addressed playbooks and run to pass ratios, and they made progress.

But I’m not sure if it got kept as they moved from one year to the next, and we’re unfortunately pretty hamstrung with how the books are built.

Someone in my gaming group asked if live books were still glitched or if they worked better in this regard. Do y’all know if they are modifying the live books at all to get ratios right?
Old 11-17-2023, 10:45 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueHominid

Someone in my gaming group asked if live books were still glitched or if they worked better in this regard. Do y’all know if they are modifying the live books at all to get ratios right?
I've tried live books some and they made no difference.
Old 11-18-2023, 12:48 AM   #11
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

It seems like some TU fix things.. then a TU update or two later, things break again. I can go back about 6 Maddens and pick things that I like/work, and combine them into 1 Madden game and I'd be all set.

The recent TU increased INTs and I throw twice as many per game now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2023, 02:30 AM   #12
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
I was having a ton of fun with my franchise until I realized how often the CPU was throwing regardless of game situation. I can't move forward with my franchise because of this issue. I've tried using different playbooks, including the Run Heavy PB, with no improvement. This is a game breaker.

It's a shame because the gameplay is really dialed in. Penalties, sim engine, and playcalling are straight broken. EA is either ignorant or indifferent. This game could be amazing if they would fix those major issues. Not real hopeful.
Thus ends the honeymoon phase. I will say there's some remnants of the adaptive AI for playcalling. If the CPU gets stuffed a few times when running early in the game they basically abandon the run. If they're successful they'll continue to run. Which is somewhat realistic.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2023, 08:38 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Thus ends the honeymoon phase. I will say there's some remnants of the adaptive AI for playcalling. If the CPU gets stuffed a few times when running early in the game they basically abandon the run. If they're successful they'll continue to run. Which is somewhat realistic.

These are my observations too
Old 11-18-2023, 09:30 AM   #14
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

Just reposting here for conversation..

The top 10 RBs based on attempts in my franchise (year 1) through 14 games played average 17.5 carries per game. This is with my own formation subs, auto subs, etc.

Per https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/pla...?rate=per-game it looks like there are only 4 RB's who are currently averaging higher than this for the season, and 2 of them (Barkley and Monty) have not played at least 9 games this season.

Last year, only 3 RB's averaged 17.5 carries per game and they were Henry, Jacobs, and Chubb. Taylor averaged 17.45, Barkley 17.39, and Brian Robinson of WSH 17.08. Nobody else averaged above 17.

In conclusion, I'm not sure what I am doing differently but I think that I am seeing an accurate amount of carries per game.

Ill keep a better eye on how many rushing attempts (qb + backups included) the teams have and report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-18-2023, 09:42 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence

After playing a ton of games this year Im convinced there is no part of the playcalling that is influenced by success. I've had the CPU average 10 ypc, be up by double digits in the 4th quarter and still throwing it every play. This is a playbook problem. Specifically, the play script in the playbooks. For a lot of the playbooks there are only a handful of plays starred for each situation and most of them are passes.

I'm thinking the only fix is to create custom playbooks and give the CPU the custom book. I think you can do this with 2 controllers. It's ridiculous this is the only workaround...if that even works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2023, 09:52 AM   #16
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
After playing a ton of games this year Im convinced there is no part of the playcalling that is influenced by success. I've had the CPU average 10 ypc, be up by double digits in the 4th quarter and still throwing it every play. This is a playbook problem. Specifically, the play script in the playbooks. For a lot of the playbooks there are only a handful of plays starred for each situation and most of them are passes.

I'm thinking the only fix is to create custom playbooks and give the CPU the custom book. I think you can do this with 2 controllers. It's ridiculous this is the only workaround...if that even works.
In my mind, there is no doubt CPU play calling is random. I have CPU RBs with over 100 yards in a half and then come out in the 2nd half and pass the rest of the game.

Even late in games when up by 4 or more, they never use prevent anymore and there is a good chance if you have a speedy WR, you will get a huge pass play just throwing streaks, especially if they press.

Sim stats seem ok to me though for CPU RBs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »