Home

Funkycorm's Madden 24 XP Sliders

This is a discussion on Funkycorm's Madden 24 XP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-28-2023, 02:10 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Funkycorm's Madden 24 XP Sliders

Cool sliders! I think it’s really cool how we are both looking for the same results but end up having two completely different ways of getting there. When you do your sims year by year, what did you look for to make adjustments one way or the other? Also did you find that rosters were getting bogged down by low to mid 70 ovr players who couldn’t crack the starting lineup? Thanks for sharing! It’s guys like you and Matt10 that inspired me to post my slider set to begin with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2023, 10:41 AM   #42
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwibird44
Cool sliders! I think it’s really cool how we are both looking for the same results but end up having two completely different ways of getting there. When you do your sims year by year, what did you look for to make adjustments one way or the other? Also did you find that rosters were getting bogged down by low to mid 70 ovr players who couldn’t crack the starting lineup? Thanks for sharing! It’s guys like you and Matt10 that inspired me to post my slider set to begin with.
Thank you! I look at a variety of things. From team overalls to get a sense of the league as a whole to how much XP players earn in a season. I will look at position means, high and low numbers, and distribution to see where adjustments need to be made. This allows for outliers.

Unfortunately with the base rosters, you won't escape that low 70s overall players who are stuck on the bench. Once the first update comes out and they adjust ratings downward for many based on performance, it will shape out better. I am not a roster editor, so I don't want to lower the overalls for 2800 players before I start testing. But we also saw the same thing in the beta and previous versions so I was able to take that into account.

Once the first roster update with ratings adjustments hit, XP sliders inherent boost should be less like it has the last few years.

Thanks for the kind words.

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 08-29-2023, 02:43 PM   #43
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
Thank you! I look at a variety of things. From team overalls to get a sense of the league as a whole to how much XP players earn in a season. I will look at position means, high and low numbers, and distribution to see where adjustments need to be made. This allows for outliers.

Unfortunately with the base rosters, you won't escape that low 70s overall players who are stuck on the bench. Once the first update comes out and they adjust ratings downward for many based on performance, it will shape out better. I am not a roster editor, so I don't want to lower the overalls for 2800 players before I start testing. But we also saw the same thing in the beta and previous versions so I was able to take that into account.

Once the first roster update with ratings adjustments hit, XP sliders inherent boost should be less like it has the last few years.

Thanks for the kind words.
If it helps, the median range for player ovr is 70-74 so there's meant to be a glut of either good backups or average starters there.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2023, 03:28 PM   #44
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattanite
If it helps, the median range for player ovr is 70-74 so there's meant to be a glut of either good backups or average starters there.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk
That's about what I had calculated. I did it by position as opposed to the whole league so most of what I got for each position was in that ballpark.

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 08-31-2023, 11:43 AM   #45
Rookie

ma1r1k2us's Arena

if I'm in the middle of a Franchise can I just put these sliders in and it's good or should I start a new one with these?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2023, 12:33 PM   #46
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma1r1k2us
if I'm in the middle of a Franchise can I just put these sliders in and it's good or should I start a new one with these?
You can.

The base roster is already inflated so you may see a bit of unintended inflation during that season but no reason to start over. There is enough variance in overall results at 5/7/10 years that you will be fine.

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 09-01-2023, 04:47 PM   #47
Pro

Appreciate you taking the time to do this, Funky!

I was wondering if you would mind sharing your gameplay sliders too?
Old 09-01-2023, 05:58 PM   #48
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
Appreciate you taking the time to do this, Funky!

I was wondering if you would mind sharing your gameplay sliders too?
I appreciate the kind words!

Honestly, right now I am running default all pro and having some solid games. Once I finish my first season I may make some changes but I am only a few games in right now.

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »