Home

Funkycorm's Madden 24 XP Sliders

This is a discussion on Funkycorm's Madden 24 XP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-23-2024, 02:30 PM   #73
Rookie

Mcgibblets82's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Funkycorm's Madden 24 XP Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGhost25
Hey funky question for you Im planning to start a new save but I'll be using The Franchise Guy's roster file (which is why better than the base madden roster)

My question is since his roster players are rated much lower and there is a much larger gap between the elite and good players would your XP sliders still work or would I need to make edits to it potentially?.
I'm certainly no expert, so I'd like to hear his opinion as well. But I would think the same theory would still be true, regardless of ratings you begin with.
Old 02-26-2024, 01:39 PM   #74
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
Welcome to Madden 24.

For those that do not know me, this is my third year doing an XP sliders thread and my fifth year making XP sliders. I think my XP sliders really grew in popularity last year with 80,000 views on here. Now I don't care about views but if even a small percentage of players used my XP sliders and it improved their franchise experience, that is a win to me!

I am excited for Madden 24. We have new sliders to customize our experience.

That being said, let's just dive into it.

I had to adjust my thinking and approach this year with the XP sliders as there are more factors than in the past. Luckily, I was able to get a weekend with the beta this year and really was able to dive deep. I had an initial set of numbers all lined up but as I was looking at everything last week, there was definitely room for improvement.

Before we get to the XP sliders and the progression/regression sliders, let's talk real quick about the draft class sliders. I will make it simple. Everything I tested was on default settings for the draft sliders. But, because these are on default, any setting for these will work because I accounted for the adjustments. Just like you have to account for 6 focus player slots now and the new mini game XP boosts.

We next need to ask a few questions.

How long does the average player play a Madden franchise? I would say anywhere from 5-7 seasons. There may be some outliers higher and certainly many lower, but that is going to likely be your average and what we work from.

Ok, Funky, but then why do we run 10 year sims to test XP sliders? We shouldn’t. I have danced around this question for a few years now but I am going to come out and be blunt about it. The 10 year only sim to see where everything is and adjust on that only, is wrong. Flat out wrong. If we are playing a franchise for 5 years, why does it matter where the league is only in 10 years? It doesn’t.

How many of you play 10 seasons on a single Madden version? Very few.

I spent a large part of my time with the beta doing testing. If I set numbers to be where I want the league to be in 10 years only, guess what? In 3-5 years it is nowhere close to the 10 year mark. No where close at all. This proves what I have believed to be true from the beginning. Testing in a year to year environment is the only way to go. It takes longer but gives us more accurate numbers for long term stability. And that is what we want. Stability.

Side tracking for a moment as discussing stability. It appears as if EA has finally squished the franchise save corruption bug. Hazzah!

The system of doing 10 year sims only is flawed. Despite what everyone who tests this way only says otherwise.

Ok, that was blunt. I understand that. But it needs to be made clear that the original way users have done XP sliders, since their inception, has been wrong.

Funky, don’t you do 10 year sims to get your numbers? I do not do a single 10 year sim. I look at data year to year. This ensures that the league stays within parameters for the duration of a franchise. I will do a few 10 year sims at the end to ensure numbers hold true but I don't and will never use it as my source to get numbers. But this is in a single file. Sim 10 years. Assess. Sim a second set of 10 years. But I will never adjust numbers from that single 20 year sim source. That adjustment source belongs to the year to year data I compile in years 1-10. I stop and I assess yearly. Repeatedly. I am retentive like that.

But that aside…

Now to the good stuff.

XP Sliders:

Ok so first things first. These numbers are going to look weird when you first look at them. On top of the regression sliders, EA very much adjusted regression in this game as whole. It has impacted a lot and a ton of adjustments needed to be made. Even from the beta to release version. The overinflated base roster ratings also are a factor.

I really feel I have set forth my best work on these sliders yet.

Trust the numbers. Trust the settings. Trust the process.

Star: 320
Superstar: 70
X-Factors: 50

QB: 70
HB: 74
TE: 76
WR: 76
FB: 88
T: 76
G: 72
C: 74

DE: 82
DT: 76
MLB: 76
OLB: 72
CB: 74
FS: 78
SS: 76

K: 100
P: 100

Age Progression XP Rate Sliders:

20: 100
21: 100
22: 100
23: 100
24: 100
25: 100
26: 100
27: 110
28: 110
29: 100
30: 100
31: 100
32: 100
33: 100
34: 100
35+: 100

Offense Regression Rate Sliders:

QB: 120
HB: 100
TE: 110
WR: 100
FB: 100
T: 100
G: 120
C: 110

Defense Regression Rate Sliders:

DE: 110
DT: 100
MLB: 110
OLB: 110
CB: 110
FS: 100
SS: 100

Special Team Regression Rate Sliders:

K: 100
P: 100

Age Regression Sliders:

26: 100
27: 100
28: 100
29: 90
30: 90
31: 110
32: 110
33: 110
34: 100
35+: 100

Draft Quality Sliders:

Do what you want. That is the beauty here. Customize your universe how you see fit!

Progressive fatigue was turned on for all testing.

That's it. Those are the sliders and a bit of a rant mixed into the middle there.

They numbers do look odd but EA really messed with regression. Even at this level, you still see a bit of inflation in ratings but nothing like you would with the numbers at default.

At this point, these numbers are final. Feel free to ask questions about the numbers or the process. But per usual, I will not entertain statements like 'you should…,' 'why haven't you…,' etc. This is nothing personal. It is confidence in knowing my numbers are right and that I trust the process I have set forth.

I hope there are once again those that can use these. That alone makes the hours put into this worthwhile.

Happy Madden 24 gaming everyone!
I often enjoy using your XP sliders alongside Matt10's gameplay and it makes for really good franchise play, both on and off the field.

Just curious, though, so Matt doesn't like progressive fatigue, and you seem to use it each year it's been introduced too. He's tested various fatigue and auto-sub settings to that end but ultimately decided that it's optional for his set. How do YOU approach that?

I've liked the concept of Progressive Fatigue but I do agree that it feels oddly executed to a point that it doesn't work how I'd feel it should, and go back and forth between having it on or off.
Old 04-04-2024, 05:18 PM   #75
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Sorry everyone. I don't venture into the slider thread anymore so I just saw this.

The lower ratings of that roster won't impact XP sliders. These sliders still have a bit of inflation in them even with the lower numbers because EA adjusted progression/regression this year with the addition of the additional sliders.

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2024, 05:31 PM   #76
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkXPoke
I often enjoy using your XP sliders alongside Matt10's gameplay and it makes for really good franchise play, both on and off the field.

Just curious, though, so Matt doesn't like progressive fatigue, and you seem to use it each year it's been introduced too. He's tested various fatigue and auto-sub settings to that end but ultimately decided that it's optional for his set. How do YOU approach that?

I've liked the concept of Progressive Fatigue but I do agree that it feels oddly executed to a point that it doesn't work how I'd feel it should, and go back and forth between having it on or off.
So I did test these with progressive on so that those who use it know it works with it.

The progressive fatigue settings on xp gain in drills differs from its impact on games. From a training standpoint only, it impacts the amount of XP earned for players in those drills.

I personally have never messed with auto subs and the fatigue slider because I have always felt they impact more than we know. I have no evidence of this, just my observation in games.

Using this with progressive fatigue off will increase the amount of XP earned by your players in a season. Nothing is tainted by this other than you may see a bit more inflation of ratings. Something that no matter how low these XP sliders went, still lingered.

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »