Home

Funkycorm's Madden 24 XP Sliders

This is a discussion on Funkycorm's Madden 24 XP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-21-2023, 01:57 PM   #17
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Funkycorm's Madden 24 XP Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
So would you recommend using just normal draft classes with these Sliders for as close as we can get results?

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
I think any will work. I wouldn't constantly boost everything. But updating a position here or there for a season should have minimal impact. I do recommend using EA game generated classes though as opposed to user ones. I find user ones tend to skew things a bit out of balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoundsOfHowl
No I definitely agree with you 100% on these points. It’s a hard balance, I’m just glad we have more tools to try to make it how we want it. The AI roster management is a huge challenge to getting the sliders right as well. I did make notes for my next testing to bump to Normal draft classes across the board.

1 thing that would be awesome and I’m sure everyone would agree with, I wish they’d give us import/export of XP sliders

That would be great especially now that there is a whole lot more. I think in a different position order in my notes so I tried to make sure everything was in order on the first page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momoney168
How do XF/SS traits affect base regression? Would a possible fix to some of these issue be reducing the dev trait maxes?
That's already what I did here. But you really can't go lower or else you lose the elite players across all positions. I was already iffy about making the star number so low but had to find a way to even some things out without jacking up regression sliders too much. I felt it was the better compromise.

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

Last edited by Funkycorm; 08-21-2023 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-21-2023, 02:26 PM   #18
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm

That would be great especially now that there is a whole lot more. I think in a different position order in my notes so I tried to make sure everything was in order on the first page.
It takes so long testing because of this, but hey I’m just glad we got the extra sliders. Keep on grinding baby! It’s madden SZN
Old 08-21-2023, 02:34 PM   #19
Rookie

teampunjabi's Arena

OVR: 7

Any thoughts on how you would build a xp progression / regression system for a 32 man user cfm that typically only makes it 7-9 seasons? So wanting to make owners have to make decisions and more younger player progression and harsher older player regression?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2023, 03:02 PM   #20
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

I am one of those 10yr guys and that made me chuckle. Advance and go make a drink!

The last few years I (and others) have had success with maxing out dev caps vs lowering xp sliders so that only your devs make it up to 85/90+ range and your normals peak at 75-80.

What I'm seeing in base rosters us generally the average player trends up after their peak (good old players finding the secret sauce in real life) especially after 32 so fiddling with lowering regression there but have to have a bigger drop off in over at 28-31 without dev protecting regression.

It's amazing but tough, xp sliders are like 4d chess this year!

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2023, 04:26 PM   #21
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoundsOfHowl
It takes so long testing because of this, but hey I’m just glad we got the extra sliders. Keep on grinding baby! It’s madden SZN
To make my life a bit easier, I set up a base franchise so it has the current updates then save a new file. It saves some of the tedious work between tests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teampunjabi
Any thoughts on how you would build a xp progression / regression system for a 32 man user cfm that typically only makes it 7-9 seasons? So wanting to make owners have to make decisions and more younger player progression and harsher older player regression?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would do a couple things. Increase the age regression sliders starting at 30 and bump up the position regression sliders. That should make it harsher on older players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattanite
I am one of those 10yr guys and that made me chuckle. Advance and go make a drink!

The last few years I (and others) have had success with maxing out dev caps vs lowering xp sliders so that only your devs make it up to 85/90+ range and your normals peak at 75-80.

What I'm seeing in base rosters us generally the average player trends up after their peak (good old players finding the secret sauce in real life) especially after 32 so fiddling with lowering regression there but have to have a bigger drop off in over at 28-31 without dev protecting regression.

It's amazing but tough, xp sliders are like 4d chess this year!

It was a lot to go through. I am just lucky I got a code the last few days of the beta so I could start doing some assessing. If it weren't for that, I would still be testing.

I love chess but 4d chess has been a bit extreme this year. Everything is so intertwined with progression and regression and not to mention the changes EA made under the hood.

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2023, 04:37 PM   #22
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm

I love chess but 4d chess has been a bit extreme this year. Everything is so intertwined with progression and regression and not to mention the changes EA made under the hood.
Yeah, all the variables are compounding, so changing age 28 xp affects all Hb that age but on their slider too, but also if that Hb is star, ss or xf, but also the same for hb regression compounding on age regression. But all over time.

I need the companion app to get the 20+ csv files out to work out the factors for each variable. You've done well with the beta!

Old 08-21-2023, 05:01 PM   #23
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Oh and add on head coach xp discounts as they build up depending on staff point rate...

Old 08-21-2023, 06:07 PM   #24
Rookie

Ryan2010's Arena

Thank you for your time and work to make this game the most enjoyable for us sim players.. I've used your sets for a while now.. I have 2 questions if you could please answer

1) Is' progressive fatigue' now functioning properly?.. I've had to turn it off in all prior games because cpu players wouldn't even be playing late season and playoff games.. It was a bunch of backups.. Would turning it off effect any of your data/ results negatively do you believe??

2) By chance can you tell if players are automatically being given XF & SS abilities that match their style/ make sense (ie say a power back from a draft class reaching XF and getting Wrecking Ball as opposed to say juke box).. I've had to go in and adjust the cpu abilities before every season to the point I just turned abilities off because none of them were making sense for the player's "play style"

Thank you again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »