Home

Funkycorm's Madden 24 XP Sliders

This is a discussion on Funkycorm's Madden 24 XP Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-21-2023, 07:02 AM   #9
F17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Funkycorm's Madden 24 XP Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btj98
Thank you Funky for these sliders every year they are always fantastic! One thing i had a question about however was about Running Back regression in particular. So one thing i’ve wanted in madden the past few years is for Running backs to replicate real life trajectories. And especially recently most Running Backs have not even made it to a big second contract or Age 30 at all before they are completely out the league. So my question is would there be a way to have the new regression sliders have Runnings backs reach their peak really fast and start to regress in their 20s without compromising other positions?
I need to have a look into it myself, but my assumption would be that we can adjust the regression rate by age to go up exponentially, but then slow the regression rate by position to counter, except for RB. But I don't know as of yet
Old 08-21-2023, 09:12 AM   #10
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoundsOfHowl
I’ll definitely be running some using these! I’ve been using similar progression sliders, but regression I’ve set very high except for QB/K/P and they’re high. 10 year sims give me maybe 1 99 player and then some good top end, but really makes it a perform or bust league.

Also have my draft classes set at all weak.

Really reserves 95-98 for top talent, and 99 for the top 1 or 2
It is an exceedingly difficult balance this year. Ignoring the regression sliders for a second, EA really messed with regression. Something fierce. My first sim during the beta was on default everything and in 8 years the league was insanely bloated. It's why I near started over when I was testing this weekend.

Running default on that first sim, the league average for team overalls was 87. Bad indicator of individual but it can give a quicl glimpse at what they did to regression.

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 08-21-2023, 09:15 AM   #11
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Btj98
Thank you Funky for these sliders every year they are always fantastic! One thing i had a question about however was about Running Back regression in particular. So one thing i’ve wanted in madden the past few years is for Running backs to replicate real life trajectories. And especially recently most Running Backs have not even made it to a big second contract or Age 30 at all before they are completely out the league. So my question is would there be a way to have the new regression sliders have Runnings backs reach their peak really fast and start to regress in their 20s without compromising other positions?
So, the game almost already does this. As do my XP sliders. You would need to set the HB position specific regression percentage a lot higher. But the problem is that the game will not start regression on anyone until age 29. With the HB position specific regression slider much higher than I have it, you should get a drop. But (yes again)... you would need to adjust the age regression slider. And that will impact the whole league.

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2023, 10:05 AM   #12
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
It is an exceedingly difficult balance this year. Ignoring the regression sliders for a second, EA really messed with regression. Something fierce. My first sim during the beta was on default everything and in 8 years the league was insanely bloated. It's why I near started over when I was testing this weekend.

Running default on that first sim, the league average for team overalls was 87. Bad indicator of individual but it can give a quicl glimpse at what they did to regression.
I noticed that in the beta myself.

The team overalls with regression by position raised to 190, with QB, K, P as exceptions, they’re at 150 I believe, and I left age regression default. That gave me closer to base rosters. Also had draft classes at weak.

Still don’t see <80 overalls for teams, which is a bummer. It’s hard to find a good balance where the team overalls at close to base, but you still get a good healthy top end.
Old 08-21-2023, 10:30 AM   #13
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoundsOfHowl
I noticed that in the beta myself.

The team overalls with regression by position raised to 190, with QB, K, P as exceptions, they’re at 150 I believe, and I left age regression default. That gave me closer to base rosters. Also had draft classes at weak.

Still don’t see <80 overalls for teams, which is a bummer. It’s hard to find a good balance where the team overalls at close to base, but you still get a good healthy top end.
The first roster is also usually inflated, especially for rookies and such. I figure once the first major roster update comes and ratings are more in check at the start, that will also have a big impact.

The problem with lowering XP sliders more than I have will result in rookies and young players not increasing in overalls as they should and it creates a whole other problem.

I took the road of finding the middle balance between everything so these are beneficial for all the roster updates and not the first.

The base roster has an average rating of teams around 81. My sliders are 82.5 when I finished all of my testing. As roster updates happen and has happened in the past, the team average overall will drop a bit. By about 1 to 1.5 overall.

This is the difference I strove for. It will make these hold true all season long.

And again, we have to look at how many players will play 10 seasons. The average is a lot less than that as many set the game down before next version for various reasons (season is done in real life, bored of the game, etc.)

The extra player focus slots has also really screwed things up since they added those in.

Weakening draft classes can certainly help with a bit of roster inflation. But my concern remains the same with making it a permanent lowering. You lower the incoming overalls and those players are less likely to start because we know how the CPU sorts its depth charts. They earn less experience because they play less, and it screws with the stability long term.

There is no magic XP slider setting that will be perfect for everyone. My goal was to give everyone a quality XP slider set using the default draft class settings so they can customize their experience.

Most of this is just general and not directed at you at all. I just started typing it and wanted to point some things out.

Happy gaming!

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 08-21-2023, 10:45 AM   #14
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
The first roster is also usually inflated, especially for rookies and such. I figure once the first major roster update comes and ratings are more in check at the start, that will also have a big impact.

The problem with lowering XP sliders more than I have will result in rookies and young players not increasing in overalls as they should and it creates a whole other problem.

I took the road of finding the middle balance between everything so these are beneficial for all the roster updates and not the first.

The base roster has an average rating of teams around 81. My sliders are 82.5 when I finished all of my testing. As roster updates happen and has happened in the past, the team average overall will drop a bit. By about 1 to 1.5 overall.

This is the difference I strove for. It will make these hold true all season long.

And again, we have to look at how many players will play 10 seasons. The average is a lot less than that as many set the game down before next version for various reasons (season is done in real life, bored of the game, etc.)

The extra player focus slots has also really screwed things up since they added those in.

Weakening draft classes can certainly help with a bit of roster inflation. But my concern remains the same with making it a permanent lowering. You lower the incoming overalls and those players are less likely to start because we know how the CPU sorts its depth charts. They earn less experience because they play less, and it screws with the stability long term.

There is no magic XP slider setting that will be perfect for everyone. My goal was to give everyone a quality XP slider set using the default draft class settings so they can customize their experience.

Most of this is just general and not directed at you at all. I just started typing it and wanted to point some things out.

Happy gaming!
So would you recommend using just normal draft classes with these Sliders for as close as we can get results?

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 08-21-2023, 11:08 AM   #15
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

Happy gaming!
No I definitely agree with you 100% on these points. It’s a hard balance, I’m just glad we have more tools to try to make it how we want it. The AI roster management is a huge challenge to getting the sliders right as well. I did make notes for my next testing to bump to Normal draft classes across the board.

1 thing that would be awesome and I’m sure everyone would agree with, I wish they’d give us import/export of XP sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM   #16
Pro

How do XF/SS traits affect base regression? Would a possible fix to some of these issue be reducing the dev trait maxes?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »