Home

EA Sports UFC 5 Trial and Deluxe Edition Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 5 Trial and Deluxe Edition Available Now - Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2023, 12:54 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Trial and Deluxe Edition Available Now - Post Your Impressions He

co main event has never been called co main event,i don't know why they cannot do this
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2023, 01:04 AM   #42
Rookie

Re: 10 thoughts from playing EA play

Offline rules,AI is even good on hard and bloody hard to get takedowns in the open and i could stop most takedowns all the time in UFC 4 but even on hard they are catching me out. I tried exploiting with Adesanya kicking over and over to the body of Kelvin Gastelum which i thought was going to stop him and he would knock me out cold 4 times then i decided to fight smart and mix it up and eventually beat him.
Old 10-26-2023, 01:20 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 10 thoughts from playing EA play

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob3563
Offline rules,AI is even good on hard and bloody hard to get takedowns in the open and i could stop most takedowns all the time in UFC 4 but even on hard they are catching me out. I tried exploiting with Adesanya kicking over and over to the body of Kelvin Gastelum which i thought was going to stop him and he would knock me out cold 4 times then i decided to fight smart and mix it up and eventually beat him.
Agreed. I can stuff a few takedowns but AI with a great wrestler gets their fair share of takedowns and can keep me down for awhile. Mostly tested against Khamzat, Islam and Aljo.

I played a lot of offline in UFC 3. Moved to exclusively play online in UFC 4. I think I'm going to do a lot more single player fights in UFC 5.
Old 10-26-2023, 09:02 AM   #44
Pro

MeowingForVengeance's Arena

Re: EA Sports UFC 5 Trial and Deluxe Edition Available Now - Post Your Impressions He

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waterboy92
What difficulty? What mode? And what settings?
Pro difficulty, career mode, simulation settings. I don't mind it so much from kickboxers, but I'm seeing boxers, wrestlers, and BJJ fighters spinning multiple times a round.

At 22:30 in this video Martial Mind fights Dustin Poirier in legendary career mode and Dustin spins wayyyy too many times (it even plays a part in the finish):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83kEYmayxqM

Last edited by MeowingForVengeance; 10-26-2023 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Added YT link of gameplay footage (not mine)
Old 10-26-2023, 10:08 AM   #45
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowingForVengeance
Pro difficulty, career mode, simulation settings. I don't mind it so much from kickboxers, but I'm seeing boxers, wrestlers, and BJJ fighters spinning multiple times a round.

At 22:30 in this video Martial Mind fights Dustin Poirier in legendary career mode and Dustin spins wayyyy too many times (it even plays a part in the finish):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83kEYmayxqM
Strange. I wonder if it’s a bug. I haven’t seen that, but I’ve def experienced the AI not following what they’re supposed to (wrestlers boxing, boxers doing ground heavy, etc). I wonder if they just have everything preset the wrong way
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2023, 04:06 PM   #46
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by skz1904
This is not gameplay related but hopefully it gets forwarded to the people handling it: Alter egos seems like a great idea, but it feels undercooked and very basic and it's a shame.

This isn't gonna cut it though. I understand that it's probably hard to make shorts specifically for one fighter, but there has to be something closer to Fedor than what we have.
Same. It's literaly just a skin. As your screenshots show there's no similarity to their in-ring behaviour and trunks, at least not for Fedor.

Happy it's there, but a missed opportunity.

To evaluate the trial: The 10 hours aren't finished yet, but I've seen enough to decide not to buy it. I've had fun playing (imagine that I didn't... ), but as I'm not even excited to finish the 10 hours, it's safe to say I'm not motivated to finish the career. I'm 10-0 or 11-0 and it already got stale. The mode seems bugged in the sense that it seems impossible to overtrain, where in 4 you had to really choose which training sessions you did. Now you're pretty much forced to keep training non-stop and you'll barely get to optimal fitness. There's other minor bugs too. Nothing gamebreaking, but annoying.

Apparently I was wrong about the pricing too. It's 75$, which is an absurd amount, especially considering how little the game adds.

The pros and cons for me:

+ Gfx are improved
+ Subs overhaul is good
- Exactly the same roster
- Presentation is lacking (worse in career: no more replay segments after training sessions, intros are improved but somehow shortened, tights color unselectable, etc.)

For me the weight of these changes is about the same, resulting in more or less a similar evaluation of EAUFC 3/4. Therefore, no real incentive to buy, but I might later on when it's a lot cheaper.
Old 10-27-2023, 08:38 AM   #47
Rookie

Ugh. Spent a good 20 minutes typing up my impressions firing the game up and doing a match, then the browser crapped itself when I hit submit. So playing on Pro, Sim mode, legacy grappling...
Here's the short notes instead:
Sliders excellent!
Graphics good
Damage very cool
Buggy af, not ready for release
Sam Alvey looks nothing like Sam Alvey and he throws spinning backfist every 5-10 seconds, sometimes doubles up on them, sometimes throws backfist to overhand or headkick combo (not hyperbole, genuinely, try fight him)
Half the replays were shown while clipping through people's chests or from inside of tires
Still too many knockdowns, bodywork still not damaging enough, stamina still ridiculous
Character models snapping around the cage mid-animation
Weirdly smoother but jankier than UFC4
Knockout punch clearly missed, got to watch it missing 3 times through aforementioned tire
That CAF they auto created for me when I started the game has the most bizarre body shape, nobody has a chest/shoulders that huge with such a tiny waist.
Heaps more issues but I can't be bothered writing more.
Congrats to whoever did the damage and the sliders. Super hard pass for me all the same. See you lads in another 3 years
Old 10-27-2023, 06:57 PM   #48
Rookie

Had another couple fights this morning while sober to see if it made a difference, unfortunately opinion hasn't changed. Buggy and weird, Nick Diaz throwing spinning shiz constantly too, can't customise CAF stats/moves offline etc which has already been highlighted many times.
Do need to say though, even though I don't like the game i hope Tap and Skynet don't think I/we are crapping on them personally. I respect their contributions and it's real cool that they come in here to talk to us. I'm an app Dev myself and I know users can be absolutely terrible and unfair. I think a lot of people will like this game, it's just not for the Sim lads

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »